PDA

View Full Version : Parking on 17 Ave Se by Elliston Park?

CalgaryXXL
05-10-2014, 12:52 PM
There is a long strip of 17th Ave. in front of Elliston Park which has no parking restriction signs. Is there a parking restriction implied in Calgary or could someone park their vehicle there?

J-D
05-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I can't say for sure because I'm not familiar with the specifics... however if you park there your car might be gone when you get back anyways :rofl:

e31
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by CalgaryXXL
There is a long strip of 17th Ave. in front of Elliston Park which has no parking restriction signs. Is there a parking restriction implied in Calgary or could someone park their vehicle there?

There are no parking restriction signs because nobody ever thought that someone would be stupid enough to try and park on 17th SE. Stopping on that road would get you extra-extra-towed (best case scenario as mentioned above).

Black Gts
05-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Where symons valley road goes past 144th Ave there are snow route signs lol. It's a single lane road I'm sure people wouldn't Park on ever, but make sure you don't if snow routes are in effect. :rofl: you could use that defence in court

Weapon_R
05-11-2014, 12:11 AM
I wanted to post what e31 wrote but I was worried I misunderstood because of how absurd the original question was. There aren't any no-parking signs on deerfoot trail so why not pick a lane and stop there too?

Black Gts
05-11-2014, 12:20 AM
I thought he was implying either you get towed or car gets stolen:rofl:

btimbit
05-11-2014, 02:10 AM
Why the hell would you want to park on 17th ave? elliston park has a parking lot....

clem24
05-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I wanted to post what e31 wrote but I was worried I misunderstood because of how absurd the original question was. There aren't any no-parking signs on deerfoot trail so why not pick a lane and stop there too?

Disregarding the stupidity and the illogical side of the argument, is it actually legal to park on 17th at said location? I am actually curious. I can't seem to find anything in the parking by-laws that would say it's illegal.

http://www.calgary.ca/CA/city-clerks/Documents/Legislative-services/Bylaws/41m2002-Parking.pdf?noredirect=1

speedog
05-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryXXL
Using Google Streetview, it would appear that the south side of 17 Avenue abutting Elliston park is all a no parking zone. The north side might be okay because there doesn't appear to be any signage there but my common sense would tell me not to park on WB 17th Avenue even thoughthere's no signs telling me not to - it would be aking to parking in the RH lane of WB John Laurie between Charleswood and Brisebrois. No specific signage telling me I can't but I guarantee that one's vehicle would be ticketed and towed if left parked there.