PDA

View Full Version : Where to get windshield crack repair in calgary

Freebs
05-12-2014, 10:06 PM
So after finding out what my cost is on a windshield for my 11 GTR I did some searching around on Google and found that you can actually fill cracks and not just chips in your windshield. Just wondering if anyone has done this and where to get it done here in Calgary.

gpomp
05-12-2014, 10:08 PM
I go to easy auto glass for all my windshield repairs.

852VR6
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
PM'd

k1l4m
05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
I went to GlassMasters in the NW a few weeks ago for a little chip (guessing they would fill cracks as well).

And just googled it, damn that's a pricey windshield haha.

Freebs
05-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 852VR6
PM'd
Replied

Originally posted by k1l4m
I went to GlassMasters in the NW a few weeks ago for a little chip (guessing they would fill cracks as well).

And just googled it, damn that's a pricey windshield haha.
your telling me... My dealer price is $1,500.... Retail is $2,300

dominionautoglass
05-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

gyu
05-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
I go to easy auto glass for all my windshield repairs.
Going there tomorrow to get my windshield replaced thanks to your suggestion in a previous thread :thumbsup:

black_2.5RS
05-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Calauto glass

MushiSushi
05-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by gyu

Going there tomorrow to get my windshield replaced thanks to your suggestion in a previous thread :thumbsup:

+1 for Easy Auto Glass

Went there last week for my Rav4. Fast, Friendly, and Experienced.

When they went to cut the old glass out, they pulled me into the back to show me what the last guy did and how they damaged the the paint and body around the windshield.

max_boost
05-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Easy auto glass. The best.

guessboi
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Easy auto glass. The best.

+1 :thumbsup:

Jeff TYPE R
05-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Had my S4 in for a windshield replacement at Easy Auto Glass today. They did a perfect job using OE glass, were quick about it, and even gave me a ride back home after I dropped the car off. First chip repair is free, then it's $15 after that.

clem24
05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Can afford GTR, can't afford windshield...

shakalaka
06-16-2014, 12:08 AM
I had a crack on my windshield and I had it repaired. I haven't looked into replacing it on my car, but I can't imagine it being cheap on these. Crystal Glass I went to to have the crack repaired said they wouldn't even be able to replace it with an aftermarket one as nothing was showing up in their system. They said OEM replacement from Mercedes would be my only choice.

clem24
06-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I had a crack on my windshield and I had it repaired. I haven't looked into replacing it on my car, but I can't imagine it being cheap on these. Crystal Glass I went to to have the crack repaired said they wouldn't even be able to replace it with an aftermarket one as nothing was showing up in their system. They said OEM replacement from Mercedes would be my only choice.

I think it has to do with rain sensing wipers but I could be wrong.

I have a crack in the top left corner, runs in a quarter circle, about the size of a big orange. Even though the car lives in AB most of it's life (including a winter or 2), I got the crack in.. Seattle, of all places. FML.

I wouldn't replace it because of the crack, more due to the heavy pitting. I've never seen glass that pits so heavily!

shakalaka
06-16-2014, 01:56 PM
So true it's ridiculous. And I can confirm that I submitted an online quote for a new windshield at Glassmasters and they came back saying there are no aftermarket ones for these cars. :thumbsdow

relyt92
06-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by clem24

I think it has to do with rain sensing wipers but I could be wrong.

I have a crack in the top left corner, runs in a quarter circle, about the size of a big orange. Even though the car lives in AB most of it's life (including a winter or 2), I got the crack in.. Seattle, of all places. FML.

I wouldn't replace it because of the crack, more due to the heavy pitting. I've never seen glass that pits so heavily! There are some aftermarket options for rain sensing wipers. Easy auto glass gave me a quote of $400 for an aftermarket one for my car with rain sensing wipers vs $700ish when I looked at an OE replacement last summer