PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Nuts/Bolts/Hardware.

haggis88
05-13-2014, 10:50 AM
I am aware i could probably get the stuff at the dealership, but I'd like to see if there's any other places around Calgary that I could purchase new nuts and bolts to put my car back together

its a 2002 RSX and it's spent all of it's life in Alberta, so the suspension and underbody components were well and truly FUCKED

i managed to salvage a few of the original parts, but a couple of the captive nuts and bolts that went through bushings had to be cut off

looking to replace as much of it as possible with nice shiny new stuff but before getting all the part numbers from the IPL, i'd like to see if somewhere local would have nuts and bolts in stock that would do the job...i know the lengths and thread patterns i need anyway...

I have googled "ironmongers" and "hardware stores" in Calgary, but i don't think you guys use the word ironmonger here and "hardware stores" just shows up HomeHardware, Home Depot and Canadian Tire!

:)

ExtraSlow
05-13-2014, 10:52 AM
The bolt supply house
Calgary Fasteners

Sugarphreak
05-13-2014, 11:11 AM

DeleriousZ
05-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Triad fasteners has a large supply of Metric bolts and stuff like that. They are usually happy to get you what you want if you come to them with size/pitch/length already written down.

n1zm0
05-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by haggis88
I have googled "ironmongers" and "hardware stores" in Calgary, but i don't think you guys use the word ironmonger here

I only the only 'mongers' i've ever heard of are fishmongers :)

Also Foothills fasterners and Prime Fasterners, then robbing cars at PnP if you need specific stuff , well not robbing just bring a bucket and pay for whatever they charge for bolts and nuts.

haggis88
05-13-2014, 12:09 PM
thanks for the help guys!

After closer inspection, it turns out that the 6 bolts/nuts i need are actually all the same size and i managed to save one of them so i'll just head out with that in my pocket and get a matching one :)

question though, are these warehouse style places for trade only or do they have a public counter? Will they sell me singles or only sell "per bag"?

Tik-Tok
05-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Either one will sell to the public. Bolt supply has aisles of bins and is self serve and buy as many as you want (but the guys at the counter will help you if you need it), Calgary Fasteners is counter only but will still sell singles.

Edit: Honestly though, for car hardware I just go to the manufacturer. I spent too much time at both those places looking for a few suspension bolts for my old Impreza, I finally gave up and went to Subaru. They had them in stock and for less than what the other places wanted for "similar, but not quite right" bolts.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Triad fasteners has a large supply of Metric bolts and stuff like that. They are usually happy to get you what you want if you come to them with size/pitch/length already written down.

x2, Triad is awesome for uncommon fasteners.

78si
05-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I have a tons of Honda oem fasteners. What do you need? pics or sizes

962 kid
05-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Blackfoot industrial is #1 in town for metric stuff hands down

haggis88
05-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 78si
I have a tons of Honda oem fasteners. What do you need? pics or sizes

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/haggis1988/14s6m01_b30.png

#17 from this, both sides and something that matches the captive nuts i had to destroy to get the rear shockers out

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/haggis1988/14s6m01_b29.png

and #24 from this, along with another matching nut, as i've changed the camber arms to aftermarket ones which don't come with a captive nut!