PDA

View Full Version : amp, what to check

nine8civicSi
03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
just hooked up my amp and it turned on fine everything, then i was done so i moved the amp rack a bit and it shuttoff, i tlooked like hte ground came lose so i took it off and put it back ( ground), and now iit wont turn back on......

amp is a rockford 1000BD,

EK 2.0
03-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Check the fuse on the Amp itself, and the inline fuse at the battery...

nine8civicSi
03-01-2004, 09:51 PM
problem solvecd it kept shutting off on accesory, gues it needs the full voltage to stay on, damn amp draining my batter already :drool:

aother question, amp has a bass knob, and when i turn it to the upper 1/2-3/4 range, subs clip (ithink), that just means too much power rite?

GTS Jeff
03-01-2004, 11:31 PM
well its amps that clip, not speakers. speakers will just blow out if they are overdriven, amps will clip out if too much power is going thru them and a switch is tripped over

nine8civicSi
03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
so whats the clippin/farting sorta noise when cranking the bas son the bass knob?

GTS Jeff
03-02-2004, 01:26 AM
when your amp clips out, u wont get any sound til u turn your amp on and off and let it cool down. its a safety measure for the amp.

when u are overdriving your speakers, they will make weird sounds that make u think "i should turn it down"

either way, turn it down for now til u figure out what needs to be upgraded or fixed.