PDA

View Full Version : Axion Projectors

16hypen3sp
05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Anyone ever heard of/dealt with Axion Projectors?

My brother traded his camero for an '08 Honda Shadow, Axion A650 with 72 inch screen, and a rifle.

He doesn't really want the projector, but I do. I have the perfect place for it in my house. I did a little research and the MSRP is $6100! Wow. Can't find any reviews on it tho.

Just wondering if anyone has any input... They any good?

syscal
05-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Did he trade it with a random guy in a white Jeep? Some dude was trying to sell me the exact setup that fell off a truck.

16hypen3sp
05-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by syscal
Did he trade it with a random guy in a white Jeep? Some dude was trying to sell me the exact setup that fell off a truck.

Haha... I don't think so. The projector is still in the box and sealed... which is weird I guess. But it's in good shape.

So this guy trying to sell you this stuff was in Calgary and had the bike, projector, and rifle?

Rifle is a Remington 270 pump action.

Asian_defender
05-13-2014, 11:01 PM

I had the exact same guy do that to me lol.
Brown guy right? Said he worked for some AV company and they shipped him too many units?

Seemed fishy right from the start as he was hanging out at the royal bank on 32 ave ne

syscal
05-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Asian_defender

I had the exact same guy do that to me lol.
Brown guy right? Said he worked for some AV company and they shipped him too many units?

Seemed fishy right from the start as he was hanging out at the royal bank on 32 ave ne

White guy in the SW by Westhills Tim Hortons. Extra units shipped to his boss with the AV company. Sounds like a bigger truck was emptied.

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Sounds like a white van scam product to me. There is zero information anywhere on these things except the company website, and it probably isn't a coincidence that there is a legitimate audio company called "Axiom". You can buy them on eBay for $300.

syscal
05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Sounds like a white van scam product to me. There is zero information anywhere on these things except the company website, and it probably isn't a coincidence that there is a legitimate audio company called "Axiom". You can buy them on eBay for $300.

Crazy, I didn't look it up because I couldn't remember the brand. Same box, retail sticker of $6000 or whatever. I thought the guy's story might have been legit at the time, I just didn't want stolen goods. Should have taken down his license plate.

schocker
05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Haha, I like it

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/regina/axion-a650-smart-led-projector/592660424?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/regina/orumrohn-r90-home-thetre-system/592663823

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/saskatoon/axion-3d-led-smart-projector/591464756?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Everyone in saskatchewan falls for it

01RedDX
05-14-2014, 09:48 AM

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM

Crazy, I didn't look it up because I couldn't remember the brand. Same box, retail sticker of $6000 or whatever. I thought the guy's story might have been legit at the time, I just didn't want stolen goods. Should have taken down his license plate.

Yeah the exact same thing happens with speakers more often than projectors. They have a "white van" or similar, show you an invoice or shipping list, make you think you're getting a crazy deal, etc. The only place those show $6000 are on the manufactures website and the fake invoices they show you from the van.

This actually happened to me when I was a lot younger in the parking lot of Petland in Shawnessey lol. Guy is like "psssst hey buddy", calls me over, tells me his story of having extra product shipped to the warehouse, shows me invoices of thousands of dollars. I kept turning him down and the price dropped from $1000 to $100 in a few minutes. He got annoyed and left shortly after that.

It also looks like those same projectors are sold under a similar "Quantum" brand name, as well as a few others you've probably never heard of before, so beware of that as well.

Google "white van scam" or similar, and you will have all sorts of interesting things to read haha.

OP: I hope the "value" of this projector was in no way worked into the trade deal. There are a lot of excellent projectors priced very reasonably, and I'd be happy to help you pick one if you want a 'real' projector.

16hypen3sp
05-14-2014, 12:34 PM

OP: I hope the "value" of this projector was in no way worked into the trade deal. There are a lot of excellent projectors priced very reasonably, and I'd be happy to help you pick one if you want a 'real' projector.

It's my understanding that it was not. My bro just wanted the Honda Shadow and just milked the seller for more stuff. He got this stuff from a guy in Red Deer at an actual residence not some van. All though it is possible that the seller could have been scammed.

So are these projectors legit or what? Like what is the conclusion here?

EDIT: Is it going to burn my house down if I plug it in?

01RedDX
05-14-2014, 12:46 PM

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

It's my understanding that it was not. My bro just wanted the Honda Shadow and just milked the seller for more stuff. He got this stuff from a guy in Red Deer at an actual residence not some van. All though it is possible that the seller could have been scammed.

So are these projectors legit or what? Like what is the conclusion here?

EDIT: Is it going to burn my house down if I plug it in?

It probably works (sort of), but it will likely be the world's crappiest piece of A/V equipment. I personally wouldn't bother, but there is probably no harm in setting it up and having a look for fun. They likely aren't worth more than $100, if anything.

It is not legit as far as I know. It is a POS product produced to meet bare minimum guidelines for the sole purpose of scamming people into paying huge amounts for them. Anyone who has one is probably the victim of the white van scam.

16hypen3sp
05-14-2014, 06:35 PM

It probably works (sort of), but it will likely be the world's crappiest piece of A/V equipment. I personally wouldn't bother, but there is probably no harm in setting it up and having a look for fun. They likely aren't worth more than $100, if anything.

It is not legit as far as I know. It is a POS product produced to meet bare minimum guidelines for the sole purpose of scamming people into paying huge amounts for them. Anyone who has one is probably the victim of the white van scam.

Thanks for the help. I talked to my bro and we are going to set it up and see how it goes. But I think I'm gonna pass on buying it from him. I should get projector tho.

EK69
05-14-2014, 09:01 PM
U would think they would at least change the van color now that almost everyone knows abt the scam lol