PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring Tax Money from US Government (Gambling Winnings

lasimmon
05-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Hello All. I just got back from Vegas and had a few big wins. They take their 30% tax off the top, but they told me I can get it back as well as I have heard from other sources I can as well.

A little bit of searching and I couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone have any experience with this and care to share some guidance?

spikerS
05-14-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.taxtips.ca/personaltax/usgamblingtaxes.htm

lasimmon
05-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks boss, I'll take a look. My feeble attempt at googling didn't find that...

roopi
05-14-2014, 03:43 PM
You can pay companies to recover this for you as well. Google 'us gambling tax recovery' and you will see a few results. Not sure what they charge or who is reputable but I do see there is one charging a flat fee of $150.

lasimmon
05-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by roopi
You can pay companies to recover this for you as well. Google 'us gambling tax recovery' and you will see a few results. Not sure what they charge or who is reputable but I do see there is one charging a flat fee of $150.

Yah I saw that, curious as to the process to determine if its worth using 5% of the winnings to get it back.

spikerS
05-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

Yah I saw that, curious as to the process to determine if its worth using 5% of the winnings to get it back.

it is free money...who cares. $150 spent to get $3000

it is a no brainer!