PDA

View Full Version : Aristocrat Bar & Grill: Forest Lawn

jwslam
05-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Disclaimer: IT'S IN FOREST LAWN; the urbanspoon reviews are probably all from people outside the hood who don't appreciate the dive.

Restaurant name: Aristocrat Restaurant & Bar
Food rating 5/5
Ambience 2/5
Service 4/5

I bought the TeamBuy for $20 AYCE wings before I read the urbanspoon reviews. This place has a 41% likes and lots of bad reviews especially from those that bought the same thing.

I went last night (Wednesday). 630pm. My brother and I.

Walked into a place with tables set on both sides of the stage. The place was bright with artifically lighting, but dark paint and a covered skylight made it feel not-so-welcoming. 3 tables of filipino couples. All eating wings. The projector was on, and it showed that their music was from Galaxie Channels.

Sat down and told them I had the deal voucher, she quickly listed a few flavors and asked us what to drink. Asked for coke and iced tea. She comes back with a coke and says the iced tea is out and she doesn't know how to change it. So I asked for coke. Comes back again with a canned coconut juice. Apparently the coke was running out; but she did ask if the coke we had was OK or if he wanted something else. (I've never had coconut juice before but it was good).

20 minutes later, wings come. Honey garlic is the typical sauce, and the other was S/P. Both sets of wings were piping hot, but dripping with juice, and quite large (think Jameson's size).

She cleared the bones off our plates onto the wing plates and asked for our second order; got Thai and S/P. Again, after 20 minutes, the wings come out piping hot and dripping with juice.

Halfway through this second set of wings, they started to set up karaoke. None of the people who sang were bad, but that was more than we could handle. When we finished she promptly came back to clear our plates, ask if we wanted more, and took down our voucher number. She asked for $1 GST on the $20 voucher, and we left her another 5. Got out around 8:15.

Would recommend this place for the wings alone, and their menu looks vast with their western/flip fushion with everything under $20.

Giving this place my :thumbsup: contrary to the urbanspoon ratings.

cancer man
05-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Ha i just probable missed you i was there as well..
Wings were fantastic nice and juicy.Going again next Wednesday.

taemo
05-21-2014, 09:58 AM
looks like they are on groupon
http://www.groupon.com/deals/aristocrat?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu

might give it a try

edit: wow their website (aristocrat) is awful, I don't know if they are a restaurant or a club.
no links to their menu either :facepalm:

flipstah
05-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by taemo
looks like they are on groupon
http://www.groupon.com/deals/aristocrat?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu

might give it a try

edit: wow their website (aristocrat) is awful, I don't know if they are a restaurant or a club.
no links to their menu either :facepalm:

Same setup as Barrio Fiesta with restaurant/club hybrid. That place is :barf:

taemo
05-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Same setup as Barrio Fiesta with restaurant/club hybrid. That place is :barf:

yeah i haven't been in those places for years now and wouldn't be my top choices.
7 Seas is the way to go, I like Pacific Hut for those days that I'm craving for bangusilog

flipstah
05-22-2014, 10:23 AM

yeah i haven't been in those places for years now and wouldn't be my top choices.
7 Seas is the way to go, I like Pacific Hut for those days that I'm craving for bangusilog

Pacific Hut is great for food but ridiculously slow service. It's a love-hate thing.

Best place is still at my house though. :love: :drool:

DENZILDON
05-22-2014, 12:49 PM
I heard Max opened up in Edmonton and has been so full and wait times to get a table.

From what I heard they are just waiting for approvals to open one in Red Deer and Calgary! :clap:

taemo
05-22-2014, 01:17 PM
didnt know there was a huge filipino community up in Red Deer but damn sweet if we get one here in Calgary.

hopefully their service will be must better and friendlier than the other filipino restaurants here, although 7 Seas has always been great especially for such a small restaurant

all i want is my crispy pata, bicol express and laing anyway :rofl:

flipstah
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DENZILDON
I heard Max opened up in Edmonton and has been so full and wait times to get a table.

From what I heard they are just waiting for approvals to open one in Red Deer and Calgary! :clap:

Max's Chicken? That's awesome. :drool: :thumbsup:

DENZILDON
05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
didnt know there was a huge filipino community up in Red Deer but damn sweet if we get one here in Calgary.

hopefully their service will be must better and friendlier than the other filipino restaurants here, although 7 Seas has always been great especially for such a small restaurant

all i want is my crispy pata, bicol express and laing anyway :rofl:

From what I heard service was really good, down side is because food and service is good, wait times are like 15 to 45 mins depending on the time of day. My cousin went last week around 2pm and still had to wait for 20 mins to get a table.

DENZILDON
05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Beyond Flip meet?

Even if we do a cruise to Edmonton for lunch! hahaha!

chongkee_
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM

From what I heard service was really good, down side is because food and service is good, wait times are like 15 to 45 mins depending on the time of day. My cousin went last week around 2pm and still had to wait for 20 mins to get a table.

My parents went to Max's last week. They said the place hasn't even opened and people were lining up already.
Maybe I'll wait until the hype dies down a little bit before I go.

flipstah
05-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Beyond Flip meet?

Even if we do a cruise to Edmonton for lunch! hahaha!

I'd be game. I do love their chicken haha. :drool:

Definitely not line-up outside for hours good though. It'll be like Krispy Kreme when it first opened.

chongkee_
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM

Definitely not line-up outside for hours good though. It'll be like Krispy Kreme when it first opened.

That's pretty much what's happening right now.
Give it a month or so, should be better then.

I can't even imagine how it'll be like if Jollibee opens up a place here. :nut:

J.M.
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
What is MAx?

cancer man
05-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
What is MAx?

Chicken place in deadmonton/

J.M.
05-23-2014, 12:00 AM
I should have checked it out when I was in the Philippines haha

JRSC00LUDE
05-23-2014, 07:43 AM

I'm sure if you ask him nicely to set something up, hilfiger it out!

Kanto_Terrors
05-23-2014, 11:46 AM
+1 for cruise to Edmonton for lunch :clap:

J.M.
05-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I'm sure if you ask him nicely to set something up, hilfiger it out!

all about that aeropostale now man