PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Teen Says Dress Got Her Kicked Out of Prom

Seth1968
05-15-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/virginia-teen-says-dress-got-her-kicked-out-prom-n105516

A 17-year-old girl said she was kicked out of her prom because some of the dads chaperoning the event for home-schooled teens thought her dancing would give the boys "impure thoughts."

I would ask of those who kicked her out, "What do you think about when you're furiously masturbating".

lilmira
05-15-2014, 03:44 PM
They'd prefer this outfit.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Lleyn_sheep.jpg

DeleriousZ
05-15-2014, 03:49 PM
You know, this is actually really great.

When the world ends, all of these pansy ass kids are not going to stand a chance. Less resistance when forming the new world order.

Seth1968
05-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
They'd prefer this outfit.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Lleyn_sheep.jpg

I thought about going there, but ya.

Supa Dexta
05-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Home school prom...now there's a party...lol

GTS4tw
05-17-2014, 08:25 AM
I knew a girl who wore a scarf as a skirt and no panties to high school dances, at the time I thought it was great! I bet there is more to this story.....

HiTempguy1
05-18-2014, 10:35 AM
The picture of the dress is really horrible, so tough to tell.

At the end of the day, if a girl wants to dress in a manner that others find inappropriate, whatever. Sluts be sluts. IMO, it doesn't have anything to do what others think of her, but what she thinks of herself.

Again, I'm not saying the dress is inappropriate. If she bent over to pick something up, you wouldn't see her ass (it seems) so good to go haha

Sugarphreak
05-18-2014, 05:41 PM

spikerS
05-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Man, did any of you actually READ the article?

The teen says this:

A 17-year-old girl said she was kicked out of her prom because some of the dads chaperoning the event for home-schooled teens thought her dancing would give the boys "impure thoughts."

Of course she says that, she wants to play victim, but let's read the rest of the story shall we?

The night was off to a rough start on Sunday when a prom organizer purportedly criticized her for showing up in a dress that she argued was too short for the prom. Ettinger said in the blog post that her fitted, sparkly dress met her school's "fingertip length" dress code requirement. Still, the event organizer, described as Mrs. D, warned her to "make sure it stays pulled down."

So the Prom organizer said while the dress barely meets required length, she was let in, with a warning to make sure it stays pulled down. Just an aside, try standing up, and stretch your arm down. Look where your fingertips stop. Would you let your daughter out wearing a dress like that?

anyways, onwards...

Mrs. D later plucked Ettinger from the dance floor because "some of the dads who were chaperoning had complained that my dancing was too provocative," she said.

So, she was asked to leave NOT because of her dress at all! :eek: Some of the dads said her dancing was not appropriate, the organizer agreed, and she was asked to leave.

Ettinger's date and the group of friends she arrived with decided to leave with her. She was given a full refund for the prom,

That is great of the prom organizers!

but she called out the event organizers for not delivering on a promise to refund her friends' tickets when they decided to leave with her.

a promise? really? if there was nothing wrong with the rest of them, and they all left voluntarily, why would they get a refund? :facepalm:

Anyways, TL;DR, it is apparent you all look at the pic, and didn't read the article.

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 08:17 AM

GTS4tw
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Here's her entire post:

http://www.hannahettinger.com/fuck-the-patriarchy-guest-post-by-clare/

That's fucked, I'm glad she took a stand and this Mrs. D sounds like a bully and should be reprimanded.

I disagree, I think you have forgotten high school....

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 09:28 AM

spikerS
05-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Red, I thought you could have picked a better role model than arash, or modelexis.

I also remember the asshats in highschool who always had to be the victim, who never did anything wrong, and had to create drama mountains, because they never got any attention at home.

GTS4tw
05-19-2014, 09:44 AM

Which part do you disagree with? I remember certain overzealous teachers, this Mrs. D is one of them. The kind who always got rejected during high school and took a position where she could lord over other kids for once.

The real story here is about the leering dads and how no one is reprimanding them for their shameful behaviour and focusing on her instead. This Mrs. D is a real C U Next Tuesday for taking their side and victimizing a student and ruining her special night, instead of protecting her.

If you read that, and still side against her, then you're a sexist moron.

You are taking the word of a high school girl at face value. How can I argue against that! :rofl:

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 10:02 AM

rage2
05-19-2014, 10:05 AM
If those dads found her hot and were really pervs as portrayed, no way they'd make her leave. :poosie:

GTS4tw
05-19-2014, 10:14 AM

There is plenty of corroboration for her story but go ahead, keep making shit up and siding with the sexist ogre dads. Apparently you didn't bother to read any of this story, the main point is that a bunch of leering dads had asked the girl to leave because they were uncomfortable with her body. This isn't Saudi Arabia and they had no right to do that, they can avert their gaze or leave, but they chose to ruin prom, the most important night of high school, for her and a bunch of other kids. Here are the facts: there were other girls there with dresses shorter than hers, she didn't break any rules (fingertip length,) her legs are longer than most, so she stood out more, Mrs. D is a stumpy short jealous douchebag of a lady and those dads are a bunch of pervs for even bringing it up.

LOL I love how serious you are taking this, and how you believe her bullshit story so fully. Maybe she will read this and call you up.

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 10:16 AM

Cos
05-19-2014, 10:17 AM

GTS4tw
05-19-2014, 10:18 AM

Or... maybe I have a daughter and I understand why she feels victimized by the same adults who should be protecting her?

Tell your daughter not to act skanky, or people will think she is. Seems simple.

GTS4tw
05-19-2014, 10:20 AM
This seems appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL-1kHxsavI&noredirect=1

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 10:22 AM

CMW403
05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
This thread is hilarious.

Beyond has changed so much since I joined.

Go4Long
05-19-2014, 03:43 PM

You seem to have it all figured out. Wearing a slinky dress to a prom is skanky. She deserved it. Lucky she didn't get raped.

Thanks for supporting my point, textbook.

I have a daughter too. Your opinion represents the problem with parenting these days in my opinion. You're basically saying that your daughter should be able to dress as slutty as she wants, and dance as provocatively as she wants, and no one should be able to say anything to her about it...and that anyone saying anything different is obviously a perv, or supports rape. I'm sorry, but this idea that kids (whether they be boys or girls) don't deserve any consequences for their actions is incredibly misguided and is leading to an entire generation of children that do whatever the fuck they want because there are no consequences.

If my daughter was wearing a skirt that short she wouldn't have been allowed to go to a dance either...and if she changed en route and got kicked out, I'd be supporting the school for doing it.

CompletelyNumb
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long

I have a daughter too. Your opinion represents the problem with parenting these days in my opinion. You're basically saying that your daughter should be able to dress as slutty as she wants, and dance as provocatively as she wants, and no one should be able to say anything to her about it...and that anyone saying anything different is obviously a perv, or supports rape. I'm sorry, but this idea that kids (whether they be boys or girls) don't deserve any consequences for their actions is incredibly misguided and is leading to an entire generation of children that do whatever the fuck they want because there are no consequences.

If my daughter was wearing a skirt that short she wouldn't have been allowed to go to a dance either...and if she changed en route and got kicked out, I'd be supporting the school for doing it.

:clap: :clap: :werd:

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 05:19 PM

DeleriousZ
05-20-2014, 08:24 AM
What happened to the whole 'getting laid after prom' thing. Did that die in the 90's? lol

LUDELVR
05-20-2014, 12:55 PM

Which part do you disagree with? I remember certain overzealous teachers, this Mrs. D is one of them. The kind who always got rejected during high school and took a position where she could lord over other kids for once.

Sounds like why some people go into law enforcement!! :devil:

suntan
05-20-2014, 04:37 PM
That dress was inappropriate? I didn't realize so many Amish posted here.

spikerS
05-20-2014, 05:15 PM
It is awesome to see how many people read first and gain a basic understanding of the facts are and what the issue is before running their mouth off.

THE DRESS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

She was asked to leave because of her dancing.

JRSC00LUDE
05-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
It is awesome to see how many people read first and gain a basic understanding of the facts are and what the issue is before running their mouth off.

She was asked to leave because of her dancing.

Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!!

max_boost
05-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
This thread is hilarious.

Beyond has changed so much since I joined.

Yep. Even rage2 is a dad now. :eek:

spikerS
05-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

suntan
05-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

She was asked to leave because of her dancing. They were embarrassed because she gave them boners.

clem24
05-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Disguising this as the new JB thread..

http://www.hannahettinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_20140512_003717.jpg

http://www.hannahettinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_20140510_190019.jpg

http://www.hannahettinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_20140510_190019.jpg