PDA

View Full Version : Christophers Nolan's Interstellar

schocker
05-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Real trailer came out today, looks like a neat movie, comes out in November.
zSWdZVtXT7E

finboy
05-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Matthew Mcconaughey could make it good, but Christopher Nolan directing...meh

BigMass
05-16-2014, 02:58 PM
i could go for a good slow paced intelligent sci-fi without all the family, mother, daughter, clichéd melodrama filler crap that plagues modern movies.

HiTempguy1
05-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
i could go for a good slow paced intelligent sci-fi without all the family, mother, daughter, clichéd melodrama filler crap that plagues modern movies.

Ding!

finboy
05-16-2014, 04:14 PM

*cough*worldwarz*cough*

funkedelic2
05-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Part of this movie was filmed in southern Alberta, a bunch of my friends were casted as extras. Looks good, im interested to see it.

Stalker Hacker
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by finboy
Matthew Mcconaughey could make it good, but Christopher Nolan directing...meh

Who doesn't like Christopher Nolan as a director? :dunno:

DeleriousZ
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Man nolan has a love affair with michael caine lol

finboy
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Stalker Hacker

Who doesn't like Christopher Nolan as a director? :dunno:

http://whatculture.com/film/9-indisputable-reasons-christopher-nolan-is-a-bad-director.php

I don't like his style or movies for many other reasons, but that link sums up a lot of good points

BigMass
06-10-2014, 09:59 PM

http://whatculture.com/film/9-indisputable-reasons-christopher-nolan-is-a-bad-director.php

I don't like his style or movies for many other reasons, but that link sums up a lot of good points

it mostly mentions the batman movies which I thought were horrid and don't hold against him because they are what they are. Whenever a talented actor, director, writer gets a sniff at the billions in front of their faces in the form of superhero movies, what can you do? Many have met a terrible fate because of the money. Regardless of his batman run, the man is responsible for Memento, Prestige and Inception. Those three alone are enough to garner him the praise he gets.

16hypen3sp
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Looks good.

finboy
06-10-2014, 10:21 PM

it mostly mentions the batman movies which I thought were horrid and don't hold against him because they are what they are. Whenever a talented actor, director, writer gets a sniff at the billions in front of their faces in the form of superhero movies, what can you do? Many have met a terrible fate because of the money. Regardless of his batman run, the man is responsible for Memento, Prestige and Inception. Those three alone are enough to garner him the praise he gets.

Memento was interesting, never bothered with prestige, and inception was trying waaaaay to hard to be a deep movie without the consistency needed to support it. It was filled with plot holes, poor character development for supporting cast, developing "rules" then ignoring them when it is conveniently needed for the plot, etc.

That said, I am sure people who like christopher Nolan movies will enjoy this, just as people who love michael bay movies love his work. Different strokes.

Feruk
06-11-2014, 08:53 AM
I've liked all Christopher Nolan's movies so far. This movie shows promise compared to the recycled plots you see in all the other movies that are coming out today.

Kg810
06-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Supposedly what is shown in the trailers so far is approx. the first 30 minutes. If true, that definitely intrigues me.

Stalker Hacker
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM

Memento was interesting, never bothered with prestige, and inception was trying waaaaay to hard to be a deep movie without the consistency needed to support it. It was filled with plot holes, poor character development for supporting cast, developing "rules" then ignoring them when it is conveniently needed for the plot, etc.

That said, I am sure people who like christopher Nolan movies will enjoy this, just as people who love michael bay movies love his work. Different strokes.

It sounds like Inception simply went above your head. I would suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

The Prestige... unbelievable, I think you should watch it before you assume it must be awful.

DeleriousZ
06-11-2014, 01:47 PM

It sounds like Inception simply went above your head. I would suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

The Prestige... unbelievable, I think you should watch it before you assume it must be awful.

http://f2.thejournal.ie/media/2014/05/emrknjp.gif

finboy
06-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Ah the classic "you just didn't 'get' inception" defence, never gets old. I followed it fine, it's not THAT complex of a movie. It still suffered from plot inconsistencies, and poor character development.

http://youtu.be/8cineVP_slE

Prestige might be good, but after only enjoying one of five of his movies I've seen, is it really worth taking that dish when there are so many other good films out there? :dunno:

Cos
06-11-2014, 10:42 PM

Tram Common
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM

Ah the classic "you just didn't 'get' inception" defence, never gets old. I followed it fine, it's not THAT complex of a movie. It still suffered from plot inconsistencies, and poor character development.

http://youtu.be/8cineVP_slE

Prestige might be good, but after only enjoying one of five of his movies I've seen, is it really worth taking that dish when there are so many other good films out there? :dunno:

Ya, I'm going to side with Stalker on this one, you clearly didn't get it. Did you even watch that explanation video that was linked? Nolan purposefully restricted the character development of key roles throughout the film.

finboy
06-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Ya, I'm going to side with Stalker on this one, you clearly didn't get it. Did you even watch that explanation video that was linked? Nolan purposefully restricted the character development of key roles throughout the film.

Agree to disagree, there isn't anything really groundbreaking in that video that wasn't discussed shortly after release. While it pushed the boundaries for blockbuster, it's not like it was some kind of David Lynch film. It surprises me how defensive nolan-fanboys get :dunno:

Stalker Hacker
06-12-2014, 11:17 AM

Agree to disagree, there isn't anything really groundbreaking in that video that wasn't discussed shortly after release. While it pushed the boundaries for blockbuster, it's not like it was some kind of David Lynch film. It surprises me how defensive nolan-fanboys get :dunno:

Are you actually going to try and make an argument that David Lynch films have less "plot holes" and better "character development" than Christopher Nolan films...

... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

finboy
06-12-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm making a point if you want a movie that has layers to figure out, goto David lynch, he has his own problems but his movies are much more I trying from a conceptual approach.

Stalker Hacker
06-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm making a point if you want a movie that has layers to figure out, goto David lynch, he has his own problems but his movies are much more I trying from a conceptual approach.

Even as a huge David Lynch fan you've lost all credibility with that statement. :nut: :rofl:

finboy
06-12-2014, 05:12 PM

Even as a huge David Lynch fan you've lost all credibility with that statement. :nut: :rofl:

Think what you want :dunno:

Tik-Tok
06-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Kg810
Supposedly what is shown in the trailers so far is approx. the first 30 minutes. If true, that definitely intrigues me.

Yeah, definitely.

Although it kind of reminds me of that Outer Limits episode, where a guy goes interstellar, crashes onto a planet of ocean (so far as he can see anyways), and keeps talking to earth through a communicator until something eats him, lol.

n1zm0
10-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Wasn't very interested until I saw a trailer for this on a flight recently, here's the latest one, looks even more interesting:

0vxOhd4qlnA

Robin Goodfellow
10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Saw a presentation in the 20th century that discussed Earth as a single point of failure and emphasized our need to get off of it.

Great idea, but the economics of getting off this planet are mind boggling, not to mention the requirements to create a viable colony somewheres.

Plus, it would be difficult to justify the allocation of resources when there are still sand monkeys that need to "freed" from the burden of living.

Yuubah
10-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
Wasn't very interested until I saw a trailer for this on a flight recently, here's the latest one, looks even more interesting:

0vxOhd4qlnA

cool, was not expecting that kind of movie from the previous trailers! looking forward to seeing it

403Gemini
10-01-2014, 11:49 PM
This movie is going to be amazing. I love space movies so i have little doubt I'll dislike this one :)

16hypen3sp
10-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm really looking forward to this one as well. Haven't been really thrilled with what has been in theatres in recent months.

D'z Nutz
10-22-2014, 01:38 PM
I didn't care too much about this, but now after reading that there's some accuracy behind the astrophysics of the movie I'm pretty interested.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/astrophysics-interstellar-black-hole/

EM2FTL
10-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Looks awesome, a rare film worth seeing in theaters.

Wakalimasu
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
it was long lol

Feruk
11-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Saw it last night. Epic movie. Some parts were... a little out there, but I guess it is a Christopher Nolan movie. I'm actually really glad it was almost 3 hours. There wasn't any point where I wanted the movie to end. I'm not gonna say I loved it, but I did enjoy it and will definitely watch it again. Go see it!

Env-Consultant
11-08-2014, 10:10 PM
CBC did a review on Radio 1 - made it sound like characters were one-dimensional and dropped cheesy lines. I love shit like this so I'll go into it with an open mind and hope for the best.

kertejud2
11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
Saw it last night. Epic movie. Some parts were... a little out there, but I guess it is a Christopher Nolan movie. I'm actually really glad it was almost 3 hours. There wasn't any point where I wanted the movie to end. I'm not gonna say I loved it, but I did enjoy it and will definitely watch it again. Go see it!

Pretty much how I felt about it. There were definitely cheesy lines, definitely got a little hamfisted towards the end, but not enough to take away from being just an unreal watching experience, which is really what a big blockbuster is about.

A must see in theatres.

eiysa101
11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
someone posted this on reddit about the ending explanation

http://i.imgur.com/MgwWMFU.jpg

i didnt read it but a friggin image like that scares the crap out of me going in to the movie lol. is it that hard to decipher or is the image creator reaching. i dont need To understand physics evolution lvl 9000 to get this movie do i?

ArjayAquino
11-09-2014, 10:11 PM
that image just shows at what point in time certain things were happening in space compared to events on earth due to relativistic effects on time.

But yeah that movie was awesome. Other than the crazy sci-fi concepts and visuals (mind blowing), it was a surprisingly emotional film, not what you expect when you think of sci-fi.

ragu
11-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Having read many and watch lots of stuff related to big bang or relativity, this movie basically put everything together exactly the way one would want.

However, it's overly long and first 1.5hrs can make you fall asleep. Definitely not like inception as we all walked out saying "it was great but can't watch it again".

For the folks who DL and watch - this is one you should buy a ticket for, or you'll fast fwd through painful parts and miss the plot.

Maxx Mazda
11-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Looks good!

JaffX
11-10-2014, 09:55 PM
It was a pretty good movie, I didn't mind that it was close to 3 hours long.

EM2FTL
11-12-2014, 12:36 PM
I saw it yesterday, didn't feel the length at all - there wasn't a moment where I felt like a scene was dragging on or I knew what was coming next. Visually stunning and tugged at the heartstrings (for me at least), I think this is now in my top 5 favourite films.

khanan
11-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Watched it on friday, liked it.
7.5/10

The science was butchered, other than that it wasn't bad cinema wise.

HiTempguy1
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by EM2FTL
I saw it yesterday, didn't feel the length at all - there wasn't a moment where I felt like a scene was dragging on or I knew what was coming next. Visually stunning and tugged at the heartstrings (for me at least), I think this is now in my top 5 favourite films.

Wow, something we can agree on :P

I like the fact that the "moments" didn't seem forced. It was just presented as it was (except for the ending, but you can't win em all).

I thought it was a great movie.

kertejud2
11-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by khanan

The science was butchered
Go on...

EM2FTL
11-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Wow, something we can agree on :P

I like the fact that the "moments" didn't seem forced. It was just presented as it was (except for the ending, but you can't win em all).

I thought it was a great movie.

Wow, hell is probably getting a bit colder now lol.

Agreed on the ending, but it just didn't bother me for some reason.

16hypen3sp
11-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I can finally revisit this thread!

Just got home from the theatre. All I have to say is... My god! What an incredible film. IMO, very well done.

jwslam
11-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Go on...
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/nolan-responds-to-interstellar-science-gripes
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you can poke through a tesseract and touch books, why not just write a note & pass it through.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Stars vastly outnumber Black Holes. Why is the best Earthlike planet one that orbits a Black Hole
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Who in the universe would ever know the titles of all their books, from behind, on an bookshelf.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: How a pickup truck can drive with a flat tire among densely planted corn stalks taller than it.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If wormholes exist among our planets, then why can’t one open up near Earth instead of Saturn.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Gotta tell you. Mars (right next door) looks waay safer than those new planets they travelled to.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you crack your space helmet yet keep fighting, the Planet's air can’t be all that bad for you.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Can’t imagine a future where escaping Earth via wormhole is a better plan than just fixing Earth.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: In this unreal future, they teach unscientific things in science class. Oh, wait. That is real.

HiTempguy1
11-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EM2FTL

Agreed on the ending, but it just didn't bother me for some reason.

It didn't bother me either, seemed very "homage"-y to 2001 a space odyssey type of deal. I just felt it was a bit convoluted/forced, but that doesn't make it bad :)

v2kai
11-14-2014, 12:14 AM
First movie I'm glad I paid for AVX - the rumbling from the sound system and comfy seats for the near 3hr sitdown was well worth it:thumbsup:

Power_Of_Rotary
11-14-2014, 09:31 AM
The movie was freaking amazing.

lasimmon
11-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/nolan-responds-to-interstellar-science-gripes
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you can poke through a tesseract and touch books, why not just write a note & pass it through.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Stars vastly outnumber Black Holes. Why is the best Earthlike planet one that orbits a Black Hole
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Who in the universe would ever know the titles of all their books, from behind, on an bookshelf.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: How a pickup truck can drive with a flat tire among densely planted corn stalks taller than it.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If wormholes exist among our planets, then why can’t one open up near Earth instead of Saturn.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Gotta tell you. Mars (right next door) looks waay safer than those new planets they travelled to.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you crack your space helmet yet keep fighting, the Planet's air can’t be all that bad for you.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: Can’t imagine a future where escaping Earth via wormhole is a better plan than just fixing Earth.
•Mysteries of #Interstellar: In this unreal future, they teach unscientific things in science class. Oh, wait. That is real.

Wow what a terrible explanation.

That sounds like the walking dead thread. Pointing out parts of the movie this person didn't like, not based on any science.

I saw it last night, although long I really enjoyed it.

I give it a 8/10.

sabad66
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Loved it. Didn't feel like 3 hours at all... One of my top 5 all time as well

flipstah
11-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Fuckin Matt Damon.

Cos
11-21-2014, 10:36 PM

flipstah
11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
I liked the movie a lot.

I'd get along with Anne Hathaway just fine. :love:

The movie was easy to follow and my science background stops at a high school level.

The pace helped a lot.

EDIT: Interstellar was filmed in Alberta. WUTT.

Cos
11-22-2014, 08:52 AM

flipstah
11-22-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm just stating facts haha.

nonofyobiz
11-23-2014, 08:23 PM
I thought it was amazing...
I had no idea it was going to be 3 hrs and I started noticing it getting long but didn't mind at all.
Actually I drank WAY too much Ice Tea and was painfully hold it since the ice world fight....held it until he was in the tesseract or whatever and I just couldn't hold on, I HAD to go. to my amazement it was still going on when I got back lol

Fully deserves the 9/10 on IMDB IMO

:love: :love:

Feruk
11-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
Go on...
Two obvious ones come to mind (not spoilers as it's in the preview):
1) If the planets go around a black hole instead of a star, why is there daylight?
2) Black holes emit x-rays, not heat. How can there be liquid water on a planet?

BerserkerCatSplat
11-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Two obvious ones come to mind (not spoilers as it's in the preview):
1) If the planets go around a black hole instead of a star, why is there daylight?
2) Black holes emit x-rays, not heat. How can there be liquid water on a planet?

There's an easy answer to both of those - the black hole is a supermassive and has a very sizeable accretion disk made primarily of star material that is being slowly sucked into the hole - and that material is still actively putting out light and heat. Lots of it. The accretion disk was easily observable in the film.

A790
11-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Fantastic movie. Yes, there are some glaring science issues but that's to be expected from Hollywood.

Overall it did an excellent job capturing the sheer enormity of space as well as highlighting the challenges we'll face attempting to traverse it. All actors involved, including the one who portrayed Mann, did a good job.

The ending was a little cheesy, but overall, very enjoyable. One of the best movies I've seen in the last 10 years. Perhaps even the best based on that criteria.

9/10.

89coupe
11-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Science explanations for the movie here.

http://www.space.com/27692-science-of-interstellar-infographic.html

89coupe
11-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Also Neil deGrasse Tyson explains the science used for the movie.

Here.
http://www.npr.org/2014/11/14/363798836/neil-degrasse-tyson-separates-fact-from-fiction-in-interstellar

and here
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-explains-the-ending-of-interstellar-1660548889

BavarianBeast
11-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I really enjoyed the movie, I saw it in IMAX on Friday.

I was suprised that the movie wasn't in 3D for the IMAX? So much of the film seemed like it was meant to be viewed in 3D?

I was also suprised to see Matt Damon halfway through the movie appear for about 30 minutes lol.

flipstah
11-24-2014, 11:41 AM
3D would've killed the awesomeness.

lasimmon
11-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Agreed.

I find 3D to be too cheesy.

Feruk
11-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
There's an easy answer to both of those - the black hole is a supermassive and has a very sizeable accretion disk made primarily of star material that is being slowly sucked into the hole - and that material is still actively putting out light and heat. Lots of it. The accretion disk was easily observable in the film.
Star material in accretion disk does no equal continuation of fusion reaction, which is the only thing that'd put out enough light and heat continuously.

01RedDX
01-29-2015, 03:05 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
01-29-2015, 05:26 PM

Star material in accretion disk does no equal continuation of fusion reaction, which is the only thing that'd put out enough light and heat continuously.

Old post, but I'll quote Virginia Tech's physics department.

I've heard that a black hole 'belches' light and radiation whenever something falls into its event horizon. What does that mean and why does that happen?

I'm am not sure what the person is referring to, but I will take a guess. They may be referring to what happens as material falls into a black hole through the action of an accretion disk. As large amounts of material approach a black hole, the material will generally find itself in an orbiting disk-like structure with the hole at the center (i.e., it will look a bit like an extremely crowded solar system). The disk will be extremely hot due to the friction between material with different orbital speeds at slightly different orbital radii. Thus the disk will radiate much light. Much of the incoming kinetic energy of the material is radiated away through this friction-heat-light process. This is what gives rise to the extreme brightness of quasars, and this process is what makes us able to (possibly) find stellar-mass black holes that are part of a double star system. In the latter case, infalling material from the neighbor star makes for the accretion disk around the black hole, and X-rays are emitted by the disk (X-rays are emitted by extremely hot matter, just like the not-so-hot filament of a light bulb emits visible light). In the quasar case, a supermassive black hole (a billion solar masses or so) lies at the center of a galaxy, and gas near the black hole forms an accretion disk around the hole; again X-rays, and other forms of light, are the result.

MGCM
04-02-2015, 04:05 AM
just watched this tonight, blown away at the in-human depth to it.....some of the parts almost gave me motion sickness envisioning the artificial gravity. If you have not watched this movie yet, DO IT UP YO:thumbsup:

DeleriousZ
04-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Just watched it again after.. renting.. the dvd...

Not quite as good as it was in imax but still enjoyed the hell out of it. Think this will be one I can watch multiple times. Soundtrack is superb, love the pipe organ

Thales of Miletus
04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
I found it to be plodding.

BensonTT
09-19-2015, 01:36 PM
So.. If you are in space for 1hr, then its equivalent to 7 earth yrs? wtf? This movie confused the shit out of me.. LoL

Tik-Tok
09-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Gravitational time dilation around black holes is real. The whole giant floating library thing was fiction.

mobius
09-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
So.. If you are in space for 1hr, then its equivalent to 7 earth yrs? wtf? This movie confused the shit out of me.. LoL

No, the theory present in the movie was that the closer you get to a black hole, the more distorted 'time' becomes. So as the crew approached the BH, what seemed like an hour to them was 7 years to someone not affected by the gravitational effects of the BH.

Seth1968
09-19-2015, 04:27 PM
That was even crappier than that movie with the gigantic blue people.

Cos
09-20-2015, 09:19 AM

Khyron
09-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

Gravity on time isn't even that big compared to acceleration. If you got in a ship and accelerated at just 1G for 5 years, turned around and came back (another 5 years for total of 10) something like 35,000 years would have passed here.

I was pissed about the watch. Binary is just a number system on/off. You can't "Write" in it without some sort of table to say A = 111 B = 101 etc that both people know. Even using an ASCII table, type out your name in Binary. It's fucking hard and tedious and time consuming. Now try and convey Einsteins theory of relativity. Now do it without any sort of chart.

It's as absurd as flying into some alien space station, full of organic crazy alien tech and seeing a USB 2.0 port sitting there to upload your alien-killing virus (thanks Independence Day)

And the fight scene - like there isn't enough complexity and conflict, we need a fist fight? Really?

Cos
09-28-2015, 03:24 PM

killramos
09-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Guys i just watched star wars and I don't think lightsabers are possible.

wtf right?

syb65
09-28-2015, 11:05 PM
I thought the movie was very good, and with one of my most favourite actors. I rarely buy movies anymore, but I went and bought this one on blu-Ray, and can see this one as one of those films I can re-watch again and still enjoy.
Heard there is another one in the works, but don't know when.

flipstah
09-29-2015, 07:39 AM
The Martian is not related to this, right?

killramos
09-29-2015, 07:42 AM
correct martian is completely different. Only similarity is space and Matt Damon.

flipstah
09-29-2015, 07:45 AM
As for the watch, the formula was translated to binary.

Formulas don't use all letters of the alphabet so you can see patterns pretty quick. That's my naive assumption.

Feruk
09-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by killramos
correct martian is completely different. Only similarity is space and Matt Damon.
And the lady who played the adult daughter in Interstellar is an astronaut in The Martian.

Tik-Tok
09-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
The Martian is not related to this, right?

Read the book, its pretty good. Especially for those more technically minded.

freshprince1
09-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Interstellar was the best movie experience I've had since the first Lord Of The Rings came out. Fantastic movie. Plot holes be damned...any movie that can take me out of reality for a few hours and entertain me this much has my endorsement.

lsc2g
09-30-2015, 02:16 PM
^thats how i felt.. some of it was maybe a bit off but for a 3 hour movie i enjoyed the entire bit! i've recommended to several friends and about 8/10 fully agree with me now.

wintonyk
09-30-2015, 11:20 PM
I didn't get to enjoy it to its theatre capacity. but damn did it ever make my flight from LA to Tokyo shorten drastically. Not to mention pondering in the immediate time following its conclusion.

asp integra
10-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this on netflix, great movie! Despite being almost 3 hours, I was completely hooked the whole time and didn't feel it was anywhere near that length, 10/10 amazing movie

BensonTT
10-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Good movie.. Sure.. Would I watch it again.. No!

Seth1968
10-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Matthew McConaughey: Annoyingly whispers every line, and is just a wooden actor anyway.

Then there's the proverbial feisty woman and black guy. Both are just about as pathetic and cliche as the main character.

Then there's the incessant, long, boring, pathetic, melodrama of kids, life, love, etc.

Then there's the lack of, "I just passed through a wormhole, I might be more excited than this".

Then there's the lack of, "this is just Hollywood shit".

Maxx Mazda
04-15-2017, 02:02 AM
Bumping an old thread. Just watched this tonight on Blu-Ray. Really enjoyed it! The soundtrack was awesome