PDA

View Full Version : Witness needed (Hit and Run)

Snowful
05-19-2014, 06:08 PM

Time: May 18 2014 2AM

I wasn't at the scene but two witness saw two female drove a red Jeep backed into a black Mercedes and drove away without leaving their contact information. Unfortunately they weren't able to identify the plate number...

Looking at the damage of my drivers' door I believe there is a high chance of driving under the influence of alcohol or even use of drugs. My door is now out of shape and leaking air.

If you guys have any information might that might help that will be great. I can be reached at 587 888 2914

Thanks,
Aaron

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/Luvxiaomao/20140519_171726_zpsqrbav6em.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
05-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Agreed. That dent shows clear signs of marijuana use, there may even be traces of PCP in the one wrinkle.

Reefer MADNESS! :eek:

But that does suck, hit and run is a bitch on the wallet. :(

NoMoreG35
05-19-2014, 06:48 PM
How did you come to the conclusion that alcohol or drugs were a factor by just looking at the dent? :confused:

Graham_A_M
05-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Fuck, so thats why I got that crease on my rear bumper, I knew I shouldn't have lent my GF my other truck, frick, calling the number now. :nut:

Snowful
05-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
How did you come to the conclusion that alcohol or drugs were a factor by just looking at the dent? :confused:

Time: 2AM

Also to do a damage like this you have to stomp your gas. People normally wouldn't stomp on their gas while backing up, let alone in a parking lot with pedestrians. Plus there is no scratch on the dent so the hitter basically reversed straight into my car without turning steering at all...

ReflexFX
05-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Snowful

Also to do a damage like this you have to stomp your gas. People normally wouldn't stomp on their gas while backing up, let alone in a parking lot with pedestrians. Plus there is no scratch on the dent so the hitter basically reversed straight into my car without turning steering at all...

That alone does not mean they are under the influence of anything.

killramos
05-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Have you considered checking out the club again for a regular / staff member? That's what I would recommend. You have a fair description already. If you see a bashed up jeep in the parking lot just hand it over to CPS. Who knows they might be dumb enough to admit to it.

blairtruck
05-19-2014, 07:52 PM
that dent looks like the person had a medical episode for sure.

FraserB
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
What kind of Jeep?

spikerS
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
What kind of Jeep?

this one.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/Spikers%20RC/20140312_180507_zpsbfd73e06.jpg

Tik-Tok
05-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ReflexFX

That alone does not mean they are under the influence of anything.

Ironically we left Speakeasy (or whatever it's called now) at pretty much that time and night, and wasn't under the influence of anything. (Well except my wife's hand anyways :rofl: )

By the way, next time you go, don't bother waiting in line. You can walk into the speak, and go right through into murmur... I walked in just to check it out, I think I was older than half those kids dads :rofl::rofl:

blairtruck
05-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

this one.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w399/StlRams53/IMG_4923-1.jpg

InRich
05-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Most of that will just buff right out ;)

16hypen3sp
05-19-2014, 08:53 PM
I have seen sober people stomp the gas while reversing...

Just after I graduated high school, I got pinned against a stationary car by a sober driver who was extremely stressed out. She was driving a truck and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Managed to push my gf out of harms way just in the nick of time tho.

Anyways, sorry about your luck there Snowful... any relation to snowcat?

jk.

01RedDX
05-19-2014, 09:01 PM

Graham_A_M
05-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Anyways, sorry about your luck there Snowful... any relation to snowcat?

jk.
Lets hope not. :nut:

Nitron88
05-19-2014, 09:47 PM

Watch females backup, they almost all punch the gas pedal not knowing the car backs up on its own without gas.

Mibz
05-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Nitron88
Watch females backup, they almost all punch the gas pedal not knowing the car backs up on its own without gas. It only backs up on its own with the e-brake disengaged.

J-D
05-19-2014, 10:42 PM

Location: parking lot shared by both a night club and strip club :rofl:

Honestly I can recall more nights out drinking where I've seen someone stumble into a car and drive away than not. I'm not sure if my experience is shared but I think drinking and driving is a pretty serious issue here... and I don't mean 0.05.

Mar
05-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
But that does suck, hit and run is a bitch on the wallet. :(
Your insurance company should be fixing them, why would it impact your wallet?

guessboi
05-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Deductible - Hit and run is a collision loss for most insurance companies.

JRSC00LUDE
05-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Deductible, premiums..... they're coming out of your pocket.

Mar
05-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Deductible, premiums..... they're coming out of your pocket.
You shouldn't have to pay a deductible nor any additional premiums for something that's not your fault. I've claimed multiple hits and runs, it cost me nothing.

Disoblige
05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Mar

You shouldn't have to pay a deductible nor any additional premiums for something that's not your fault. I've claimed multiple hits and runs, it cost me nothing.
:facepalm:

01RedDX
05-20-2014, 07:46 AM

taemo
05-20-2014, 08:04 AM
I claimed a hit and run couple of years ago and I had to pay the deductibles

01RedDX
05-20-2014, 08:10 AM

Snowful
05-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Lets hope not. :nut:

I'm new to the forum, who is snowcat?

16hypen3sp
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM

I'm new to the forum, who is snowcat?

Haha... the man, the myth, the legend.

Can somebody who has been on this forum a while explain to him who snowcat is?

Tik-Tok
05-20-2014, 11:01 AM
If you were in a car accident, and were standing in the middle of the road trying to take a photo of the damage before moving your car out of traffic, Snowcat would be the guy trying to run you over because you shouldn't be there.

snowcat
05-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Haha... the man, the myth, the legend.

Can somebody who has been on this forum a while explain to him who snowcat is?

Me.

Also, sucks about the hit and run. Time for a blackvue 2 channel.

dexlargo
05-20-2014, 12:20 PM

Also to do a damage like this you have to stomp your gas. People normally wouldn't stomp on their gas while backing up, let alone in a parking lot with pedestrians. Plus there is no scratch on the dent so the hitter basically reversed straight into my car without turning steering at all... Your forensic examination appears to have been quite thorough. :rolleyes:

Why do you think they'd have to stomp the gas? that looks like a pretty low speed collision to me.

Anyway, you do have my sympathy - this sucks. I hope you find the person, but I rate your odds as somewhere between slim and none.

FraserB
05-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Claim it through insurance and forget about it. Even if you find a red Jeep with damage, you'll never be able to prove anything.

sidewaysD
05-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Claim it through insurance and forget about it. Even if you find a red Jeep with damage, you'll never be able to prove anything.

what ifffffffffffffffffff that "Jeep" had black paint scuffs huh

syscal
05-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by sidewaysD

what ifffffffffffffffffff that "Jeep" had black paint scuffs huh

Yea, that and they could catch an old school closed circuit camera system with the fuzzy picture and use that nifty software to enhance a view of a full license plate from the reflection in someone's eyes. That works all the time doesn't it?

clem24
05-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Ouch.. That looks like a 6.3 badge.

File a police report, have them contact the club to grab surveillance.

colinxx235
05-21-2014, 10:11 AM
^

Looks like an ML63 (or GL?) definitely sucks...

JustinMCS
05-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Look at you guys reefing on the guy who was hit. Yeah the person was either a shit driver or drunk as fuck, yet you guys are giving the victim a hard time? What if it was your car that was hit? Geeze.

Snowful
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

Looks like an ML63 (or GL?) definitely sucks...

C63

roll_over
05-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Maybe it was covered but what kind of jeep?

Mar
05-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Why :facepalm:

I've claimed a few hit and runs as well, didn't affect my premiums or cost me anything. :dunno:
Exactly, if your insurance company is charging you money for things that aren't your fault, you need a new insurance company. I claim multiple hits and runs every year.

Disoblige
05-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Mar

I claim multiple hits and runs every year.
Which insurance company are you with that you claim every year, multiple times, without premiums increasing?

NoMoreG35
05-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Which insurance company are you with that you claim every year, multiple times, without premiums increasing?

I'd like to know too. I need a new bumper, a new spoiler and a new top ;)

lilmira
05-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Wouldn't it make sense for everyone to just claim hit and run regardless? :devil:

max_boost
05-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Haha would like to know this cause Im debating right now. Got a hit and run and there's $2200 in damages. Where are the insurance pros on this one!? : D

Disoblige
05-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Yeah man, sounds too good to be true. Who is this mysterious insurer that is insuring someone who gets into tons of accidents and hit and run claims a year without paying deductible or increase in premiums? :bullshit:

01RedDX
05-22-2014, 08:56 AM

TomcoPDR
05-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Haha would like to know this cause Im debating right now. Got a hit and run and there's $2200 in damages. Where are the insurance pros on this one!? : D

Pardon the ignorance, but you might want to check with Masked Bandit on the terminology. As I don't believe when one's gf hitting; then running, constitutes as an insurance claimable hit-n-run.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/373494/attn-maxboost-please-teach-your-gf-how-to-drive/

NxtkS5GBvBQ

TomcoPDR
05-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm just playing with you max_boost. Regardless, I believe it falls under comprehensive coverage.

bjstare
05-22-2014, 09:57 AM
WTF? Claiming multiple hit and runs every year sounds fishy as hell.

For example, I'm allowed one no-fault claim every 3 years, but each time I had supplied police reports or witnesses or both.

They're probably hit and runs that are a result of his Transformers collection waking up and running amok. Minimal damage.

max_boost
05-22-2014, 10:06 AM
That was a long time ago Tomco. Anyway talked to insurance and I'm gonna pay deductible and claim it

guessboi
05-22-2014, 10:20 AM

For example, I'm allowed one no-fault claim every 3 years, but each time I had supplied police reports or witnesses or both.

Never heard of this one no-fault claim every 3 years rule before...which company is this?

rx7boi
05-22-2014, 11:07 AM
It could be AKA accident forgiveness. Every 3 years seems pretty short, I think mine is 6 years or maybe mine's just long.

shakalaka
05-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Accident Forgiveness is essentially if you have had no claims in 6 years, you get to make an at fault claim without your premiums being affected. I am with Meloche Monnex and it's 6 years for them.

rage2
05-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Pardon the ignorance, but you might want to check with Masked Bandit on the terminology. As I don't believe when one's gf hitting; then running, constitutes as an insurance claimable hit-n-run.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/373494/attn-maxboost-please-teach-your-gf-how-to-drive/

NxtkS5GBvBQ
lol, I thought max_boost fixed that problem already? :poosie:

Disoblige
05-22-2014, 11:13 AM
So basically every 6 years, monster derby.

:rofl:

01RedDX
05-22-2014, 11:24 AM

guessboi
05-22-2014, 11:36 AM
^ It is not considered a hit and run claim if the person is caught afterwards.

403Gemini
05-22-2014, 10:24 PM
From what I remember (someone with more recent knowledge should be able to chime in) , Hit and Runs are covered under your collision portion of coverage. The only time I can think a deductible wouldn't be applied is if you had a claims forgiveness or the person was caught (and then it's swapped from a Hit and Run to a Collision with a parked vehicle and then your company would waive your dedudctible since they can pursue the other party)

As for claiming multiple collisions a year , not having to pay a deductible, and not having rates increase... I call bullshit. Unless you want to share who your broker is and which insurance company this is, I doubt that's their policy and likely something that person isn't understanding (that or they haven't had to renew their policy yet this year after their many claims reported...)

Even if you have your car parked out front and say have 3 hit and runs in a year or two, your premiums will increase as it's deemed a higher risk area.

Mar
05-22-2014, 11:01 PM
So basically every 6 years, monster derby.

:rofl:

The funny part is you read it wrong. It's 6 years for an at-fault claim. At least that's what was posted above.

I'm with Meloche-Monnex and I'm in bracket 7, the lowest, cheapest bracket there is. I probably have 5 claims in the last 3 years if I'm not forgetting any. If I get the tiniest scratch anywhere on my car I call my insurance and have it fixed. Premiums haven't increased more than normal yet. 5 years ago I was paying $110 per month, now I'm paying $130 per month. If it's not your fault, why the hell would you have to pay for it? That doesn't make sense.

Disoblige
05-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Mar

The funny part is you read it wrong. It's 6 years for an at-fault claim. At least that's what was posted above.

How did I read it wrong? If I had no claims in 6 years, then I can have one at-fault claim and have Accident Forgiveness.

Originally posted by Mar
Premiums haven't increased more than normal yet. 5 years ago I was paying $110 per month, now I'm paying $130 per month. If it's not your fault, why the hell would you have to pay for it? That doesn't make sense.
lol, now you're backtracking. Before it cost you nothing and now your "premiums haven't increased more than normal yet". Who decides what is a normal increase? You couldn't remember how much someone owed you for the work you did, and you can't even remember the amount of claims you've made. I seriously doubt your competency about knowing how much you're paying for insurance now. :rofl:

FraserB
05-23-2014, 10:06 AM
So it went from claiming multiple hit and runs a year and no increases to maybe 5 claims in 3 years and increased rates.

What a shock.:rolleyes:

Mar
05-24-2014, 12:36 AM

How did I read it wrong? If I had no claims in 6 years, then I can have one at-fault claim and have Accident Forgiveness.

lol, now you're backtracking. Before it cost you nothing and now your "premiums haven't increased more than normal yet". Who decides what is a normal increase? You couldn't remember how much someone owed you for the work you did, and you can't even remember the amount of claims you've made. I seriously doubt your competency about knowing how much you're paying for insurance now. :rofl:
I invoice out over $10,000 a month, you expect me to remember $60 I got from someone 5 years ago?

So it went from claiming multiple hit and runs a year and no increases to maybe 5 claims in 3 years and increased rates.

What a shock.:rolleyes:

This can't be hard for you to understand, every person's rates increase every year, it's called administration costs. I got a $20 per month increase over about 6 years, that's normal for anyone and not related to accidents at all.

And 5 claims in 3 years = multiple claims per year, it's simple math. Do you need a calculator?

Disoblige
05-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Mar

This can't be hard for you to understand, every person's rates increase every year ...
lol, right. Another awesome "fact" by Mar.

Originally posted by Mar

And 5 claims in 3 years = multiple claims per year, it's simple math. Do you need a calculator?
No, what you did was marth, not math.