PDA

View Full Version : Which 3D printer stock

redrocket
05-23-2014, 08:21 AM
I've really been watching SSYS and have done the most research on this one in piticular. Thinking of putting some money anyone have any others I should look into? Thanks!

redrocket
05-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Up! Want to hear by Monday before I invest in SSYS

AndyL
05-24-2014, 10:21 PM
not stratasys... They're starting on a stupid patent everything load of horsesh*t. Watch for the lawsuits to start flying; they're patenting other's open source ideas. They bought out makerbot to buy into the consumer market - makerbot has gotten themselves a very bad reputation since. Check the reviews online for their current models...

3D systems is working with google on the ARA project; working with google is never bad for business :)
http://www.engineering.com/3DPrinting/3DPrintingArticles/ArticleID/7239/Google-and-3D-Systems-Connect-to-Develop-Modular-Smartphones.aspx

Autocad got into the game at makerfaire last week - that's one to watch...
http://www.cnet.com/news/autodesk-joins-the-3d-printer-wars/

redrocket
05-25-2014, 10:18 PM
thanks Andy im going to look into those for sure

BavarianBeast
06-04-2014, 02:19 PM
DPSM

3D Pioneer.

Should be HUGE growth this year.

Check em out.

redrocket
06-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Dpsm did good today! Deff watching it thanks

supe
06-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I own DDD, sounds like they're the leader of the pack, but I'm not liking that they're not making a big splash in the consumer market. They made the system that can print edible desserts. They also have metal printers which is a must if you want to get serious.

On the consumer side, when I went to the US last month I got to see a MakerBot in action its pretty cool but I don't think the stuff it pumps out is a high enough quality, its still a bit gritty or pixelated if I can call it that.

Pretty interested in where this industry is going. Scary to think you can print your own weapons tho.

BavarianBeast
06-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by redrocket
Dpsm did good today! Deff watching it thanks

Up another 17% today. I Bought a huge load when it dipped to $.44/$.43 last week and have enjoyed the way its been trading the last couple of days.

They are close to releasing their mobile game app - tangled tut. Which looks decent. They have integrated their 3D printing into the game, making users able to print their favorite characted from the 3D pioneer 3D printers. I imagine this is the reason for the latest spike in SP. Should go up a lot more upon release.

Sugarphreak
06-06-2014, 01:23 PM

BavarianBeast
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
How much are you trading with for this stock? What is the fluidity like for buying and selling?

I'm not trading that much with this stock, largely because of the risk associated. But I like what they've been putting out so far. I only have about 12000 shares. I only bought twice and my orders got filled right away. Haven't sold any yet but volume was 1M today, shouldn't be to tough to get a fill.

redrocket
06-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Talk about variation on DPSM hah up 25% in 2 days then back down

BavarianBeast
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Talk about variation on DPSM hah up 25% in 2 days then back down

Take a look at INO - Inovio Pharma too.

Up 14% this morning, down 16% this afternoon.

TheStreet has interest in these stocks and will do whatever they can to keep the SP down. They issued an article why DPSM will fail, stating useless facts that aren't much related to the success of the company what so ever.

Pretty frustrating to see how these C U Next Tuesdays can manipulate the SP. Though I feel fairly comfortable to be long here.

Cheers

redrocket
07-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Man dpsm is a interesting one to watch but it seems I should have done SSYS by now I'd be up 30+ %

Toma
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Man dpsm is a interesting one to watch but it seems I should have done SSYS by now I'd be up 30+ %

Taking stock advice on the internet lol...

Serves you right.

redrocket
07-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Well aside from being great at reading trends on charts I don't see what else there is to go on but advise

redrocket
07-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Take a look at INO - Inovio Pharma too.

Up 14% this morning, down 16% this afternoon.

TheStreet has interest in these stocks and will do whatever they can to keep the SP down. They issued an article why DPSM will fail, stating useless facts that aren't much related to the success of the company what so ever.

Pretty frustrating to see how these C U Next Tuesdays can manipulate the SP. Though I feel fairly comfortable to be long here.

Cheers

Are you still holding this ?

AndyL
08-06-2014, 04:48 PM
http://makezine.com/2014/08/05/stratasys-drops-one-patent-from-its-lawsuit-against-afinia/

And the patent wars continue :D

AndyL
07-12-2015, 08:43 AM
*cough* necrobump

http://hackaday.com/2015/07/12/3d-printering-the-makerbot-class-action-suit/

Stratasys Was 100$ when this was posted - hit 130$ now 33$ with lawsuits flying...

:D there's an I told you so in here somewhere

redrocket
07-14-2015, 09:45 AM
It was like 33$ a share when I posted soo you were right in a way but I would have bought at 32$ and could have sold around 100-120$ so not entirely correct. Still watch the stocks but never purchased any 3d printing ones

bjstare
07-14-2015, 11:21 AM
It was like 33$ a share when I posted soo you were right in a way but I would have bought at 32$ and could have sold around 100-120$ so not entirely correct. Still watch the stocks but never purchased any 3d printing ones

LOL. Easy to say that a year after the fact, and when you never actually bought anything. I'm also an expert trader, when talking about what I would have done based on share price history with stocks I haven't bought. :rofl: :rolleyes:

redrocket
07-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh ya for sure its a different ball game if I had the balls to buy it, all im saying is he was not entirely bang on with his prediction

alpha
09-07-2015, 08:38 PM
If you're looking into 3D printing stocks, it might be worth investing for the long term into Alcoa.

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2015/09/03/alcoa-invests-60-million-to-upgrade-their-metal-3d-printing-center/

Carbon3D would be another company to invest in, but unfortunately they're not publicly traded yet