View Full Version : Review: Shikiji Sushi Restaurant

Weapon_R
03-02-2004, 12:43 AM
- Shikiji Sushi Restaurant
- 1608 Centre St. N.E., 520-0093
- Food rating 4/5
- Ambience 3/5
- Service 3/5

Total cost for 3 hungry guys was a very modest $64. We had a LOT of rolls, at least 35 to share between the three, and each person got their own dish as well. I got terriaki chicken, sukiaki beef, and tempura, with rice, soup, and salad. The other two guys got some eel and rolled tuna with the rice, soup and salad. Overall, pretty nice place with some pretty good sushi and decent service.

sexualbanana
03-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Was it all you can eat? Or did you guys pay seperately for sushi and dishes and stuff?

Weapon_R
03-02-2004, 12:52 AM
They have these dishes you can pick from for about $9/person (which for myself, included the Terriaki chicken, Sukiyaki beef, salad, rice, soup, and tempura), and then on top of that you can order separate side orders of literally dozens of different kinds of rolls or sushi or whatever else they have. That's how we got so much extra sushi, we ordered a whole lot of extras, including tuna rolls, eel, shrimp, the works.

sexualbanana
03-02-2004, 03:25 AM
That's pretty cheap for seperate prices.

sandman
03-02-2004, 08:41 AM
:thumbsup:
next time we'll go to that Wa's place tho, still a lil better IMO

kev
03-03-2004, 02:34 PM
haha...man weapon_R....u kno wat foods the shit....i agree wit all ur tastes man...haha...

BebeAphrodite
03-03-2004, 05:12 PM
they have a pretty good chicken katsu-don as well.. i think that's what it's called

B18C
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I could have sworn there was already a review thread on Shijiki but I can't find it.

Shijiki
On Centre street and 16th ave
- Food rating 5/5
Some of the best sushi I've ever had. My wife had the katsu curry don. Pretty good. Nice portion, kinda tasted like glico curry you can buy at T&T but still good. I had the chirashi don. Excellent! All the fish was very good quality, fresh, and flavorful. We also had a rainbow roll which was also excellent.

- Ambience 5/5
Well thought out with a more authentic feel than most sushi places. Chairs and tables are well spaced and comfortable. Can't really put my finger on it but i really liked the place.

- Service 4/5
Overall the service was good. Everyone was friendly and service was nice and fast for the katsu curry don and the chirashi. The rainbow roll took quite a while but in their defence they got quite busy right when we ordered the roll.

-Price 4/5
Good sushi seems to be hard to find and when you find a place it's usually worth the money. Shijiki is no exception. For everything mentioned above this place probably deserves a 5/5 for price but I am cheap so I can't do it. Our bill came to just under $50 for the two of us with no drinks. We weren't stuffed nor did we leave hungry.

Overall, very good experience. Will definitely go back. I would definitely like to try some of their other rolls as they all looked really good.

Si_FlyGuy
06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I always thought it was Shikiji.

Good food nevertheless.

HybridTheory
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
They have awesome ramen...mmmm now I want some. Dang being off work in 20 mins, I'm getting hungry :drool:

max_boost
06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah Shikiji is always good. :drool:

npham
07-02-2007, 09:09 PM
They got some damn good Spider rolls there.

dragonone
07-30-2007, 08:51 AM
i always treated the place like a udon/ramen/soba specialty place, their sushi was never that great
and their so called chef's appetizers were gross

GQBalla
08-01-2007, 11:58 AM
werrd ^^^ i only go there for their ramen.

tried the sushi once and it wasn't that great and me and my ex gf felt pretty sick