PDA

View Full Version : Painting/staining brick fire pit?

funkedelic2
05-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey guys. We have a brick fire pit in our backyard that has seen better days. It's one of the simple ones that you basically just place together in a circle.

I'm wondering if painting or staining it is a good idea? Will the heat be a problem? I think I prefer a stain which would enhance the look of the brick over a bright paint look. I tried to find info online on this but i couldn't find much.

Has anyone done this? It's just gotta hold up for one year until we get something new next year. If anyone can give me some imput or suggest a product, It would be much appreciated.

mr2mike
05-27-2014, 07:44 AM
What color is the brick? I've never done it but maybe high temp heat paint which comes in select colors. But I can't see this lasting too long after the winter.

funkedelic2
05-27-2014, 09:44 AM
The bricks are red but they are very faded. Yeah not a big deal if it doesn't last long. Just trying to improve the look of it for the summer and ill probably end up giving it away next year

blitz
05-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Honestly I'd just pressure wash it if it's being replaced next year. Any paint you put on is probably going to give off fumes when heated. High temp BBQ paint might work ok, depending on the actual setup.