PDA

View Full Version : Review - B-Pro Auto (JDM Imports)

Critical
05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
I owe it to Brian at B-Pro Auto to write a review and try and spread word of his helpful and honest importing business.

I've always wanted a GT4 (ST205) and I only knew of one importing company at the time (One that imported a friends ST185). The car didn't run that great and need a lot of work so I decided to look around for other import companies. I found B-Pro Auto on google and starting emailing Brian about a red ST205 I was extremely interested in. Fortunately for me the car was already landed and in Calgary so I didn't have to deal with the whole import process. Sometime after I bought the car a lady reversed into me from the side and cracked the headlight, bent the bumper and scratched the fender. Her insurance told me to find a shop to repair it but not many places wanted to touch it. Brian and I kept in touch and I let him know of this issue and he helped me find a shop to repair it at. It wasn't his problem, the car was already sold, but he was proactive in helping me which I appreciated a lot. After the repair I sold the car because I didn't want one that has been damaged and contacted Brian again to get another GT4. This time I asked a lot of questions about the importing process and learned how to find the car I wanted on an auction site. Importing a car is risky from the auction and it doesn't help that GT4's are notorious for being abused but Brian taught me how to search the site and helped me find one in good condition. I decided to trust his pick and imported my second one. It came quick and was shipped right to Calgary. Car was in great shape, no surprises just typical GT4 suspension problems. I did a tune-up (plugs/wires/filters/oil/fluid flushes) and the car has been running great ever since.

Did I luck out having no problems? Maybe. But with my first GT4 and importing the second one Brian has been responsive via email and especially phone to answer any questions and direct me to more information and resources. Pick his brain if you are interested in getting a JDM vehicle, hes a good guy.

Zetsu
05-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I've done business with many people who have used Brian. I also keep in contact with him often. I think of the 10's and 10's of people I've spoken with I've heard only 1 or 2 bad experiences. Those experiences weren't even a fault on Brian's end just a bad situation. He is great with communication, which is a huge issue with many importers. Anyone could call him and ask him questions for half an hour and he'll happily answer.

know1edge
05-29-2014, 11:05 PM
never even heard of until now. checked out the facebook page and found out we have r34 GTRs here :eek:

Cooked Rice
05-31-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm curious, are importers accepting payment directly for these cars now? Ie. You give your money to the person here, vs sending it to Japan?

Critical
06-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Zetsu
Anyone could call him and ask him questions for half an hour and he'll happily answer.

This is very true.

Originally posted by know1edge
never even heard of until now. checked out the facebook page and found out we have r34 GTRs here :eek:

I've seen some very nice, mint, red ones recently. :poosie:

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
I'm curious, are importers accepting payment directly for these cars now? Ie. You give your money to the person here, vs sending it to Japan?

Not exactly. You pay a brokerage fee to have the importer handle the paperwork (contracts/auction/customs/shipping) and then you can pay for the car itself to Japan directly or have the importer do it on your behalf.