PDA

View Full Version : compustar woes

hampstor
03-02-2004, 02:27 AM
Well my alarm just went off for no reason... looking at the remote it shows that what looks like a 'pin' going up and down on the drivers side windows. Now the alarm will not arm (shows that thing going up and down) and when i shut it off to set the starter, the car just simply turns off..

This happened before when I first got it and the brain was replaced. This also happened to my friend's compustar... had the thing replaced 3 times!! This happened last time when it got cold and was snowing... (first snowfall in october).

does anyone know what is causing it to do this and what can I do (short of replacing it with a diff starter/alarm) to prevent this from happening again?

Ichigo
03-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah.. I just had that happen to me today.. When I got back from home my alarm was doing a nice slow steady beep beep thingy.. But does it by any chance look like a lock that's going up and down in the driver window.. I can't find that in my manual..

That.Guy.S30
03-06-2004, 02:08 PM
i believe it could be your door pins or your brain could be wet. both happened in my jeep. it should arm back up in an hour or so

Ichigo
03-06-2004, 03:51 PM
yup something like that.. I contacted compustar.. They said it is the hoodpin icon.

Autodream
03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
that mean your hood pin is too low or broken.

quiksilver
03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
thats what happened to me.

Ichigo
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
for mine.. I didn't need to adjust anything.. i just pressed unlock.. and lock.. And no problems.. Maybe computer was screwed or something.. meh.. At least mines fine now..

bighead411
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
i was thinking to get computstar before. but once my installer said they a not as reliable as the viper........now i start to believe what he talk about..........good luck for the ppl. b'coz this is the first time i hear about this problem.......usually, is battery drain problem.......

That.Guy.S30
03-10-2004, 12:03 AM
not reliable as a viper.. maybe, but i prerfer this unit over the viper 2 way paging system. it all depends who is installing it.