PDA

View Full Version : Do you look forward to driving your car every time?

Ekliptix
09-25-2002, 12:41 PM
I do. No matter where I have to go. As soon as I grab my keys, I'm looking forward to driving. I don't care if it's cruising, rushhour, whatever. It's always fun. When I used to drive a truck in the summer, I didn't really care. I think having a 5-speed really adds to it.

Is anyone else the same?

buh_buh
09-25-2002, 12:42 PM
I used to. Not anymore. That's why I'm selling the car.:(

Ben
09-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I do. No matter where I have to go. As soon as I grab my keys, I'm looking forward to driving. I don't care if it's cruising, rushhour, whatever. It's always fun. When I used to drive a truck in the summer, I didn't really care. I think having a 5-speed really adds to it.

Is anyone else the same?

I Agree, I love to drive...often during rush hour its fun cause I yell at all the dumbshits and honk my horn.

eur0
09-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

your just gonna keep upgrading arnt you? when I get my body kit and rims im sure I will look forward to driving even more :thumbsup:

Big_Six_Boy
09-25-2002, 01:55 PM
I do.... it's all about driving.
if it wasn't for the damn gas prices, I'd be driving all the time! Whenever we go outta town and get a rental car, I always choose to drive. So it's not the car, it's the DRIVE! :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2002, 02:45 PM
what when did this happen..why you selling.

I love drivign my 2..theres nothing than can compare to drivign it..the boosy is a nice bonus...i ll look for reasons to drive the mr2 and take my tiem to get to my destination...with my beaters I hate drivign them and haul ass to wherever I have to go....time to get an ae86 as a daily

ninjak84
09-25-2002, 02:49 PM
i always do, sometimes i would just go out and cruise for hours
having my car parked until april is the worst

HRD2PLZ
09-25-2002, 03:35 PM
I used to love driving. I don't think I'm as much into it anymore. Now I just want to get where I am going and thats it. I hate driving in rush hour traffic and late at night there is so many drunk people on the road it scares me. Maybe I live up my username pretty good- because I think if I had my bimmer now I'd love driving :dunno: :D

Hakkola
09-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Depends, when its the Volvo I'm driving i don't like it too much. But when I've got the Benz i'm like HELL YEAH. I don't care where I'm going, I have fun, i don't care if i'm driving 70 or 170, I'm having fun, I always offer to drive, and I drive everywhere, I try to find excuses to go out and drive, i put so much mileage on that car, one time me and my girl wanted to go somewhere different for dinner, so I suggested Banff, and I drove there. Good times. Count down to having Benz back is like 5 days....

Stratus_Power
09-25-2002, 03:41 PM
i luv driving andi would luv it even more when i get my own car

buh_buh
09-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

what when did this happen..why you selling.

I decided like 2 weeks ago. Look in the marketplace. :)
I'm just getting sick of driving Preludes I think. I need a smaller car I can throw around. And RWD too.

Originally posted by tbk49

your just gonna keep upgrading arnt you? when I get my body kit and rims im sure I will look forward to driving even more :thumbsup:
no!!:confused:

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 04:21 PM

I decided like 2 weeks ago. Look in the marketplace. :)
I'm just getting sick of driving Preludes I think. I need a smaller car I can throw around. And RWD too.

no!!:confused:

hey buh_buh, are you gonna get the $$$$$ you always wanted?

buh_buh
09-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

hey buh_buh, are you gonna get the $$$$$ you always wanted?
sshhh!! don't tell anyone!!

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 04:34 PM

sshhh!! don't tell anyone!!

oops! sorry. ;)

T5_X
09-25-2002, 04:38 PM
Fok yah! I don't care what it is, if it has a 5 speed, then I'll have some fun in it.

James
09-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I don't care where I'm going, I have fun, i don't care if i'm driving 70 or 170, I'm having fun, I always offer to drive, and I drive everywhere, I try to find excuses to go out and drive, i put so much mileage on that car, .

Thats like me, I ALWAYS offer to drive whenever i go out with people, I have put almost 9000km on my car since i bought it in late June!:p and i only work like 5 k away from my house, so i do ALOT of aimless driving! :thumbsup:

redline_13000
09-25-2002, 04:50 PM
i love driving...but since the beginning of august when i started counting..ive put about 7000km on my jimmy:banghead: :banghead:

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Remember back in High School when hardly anybody had a car and those who did have a car had to drive everyone around? I swear I was everyone's chauffeur when I had my Tercel. I'd drive to all four quadrants of a city. I've even packed 11 people in my car. 7 in the back, 3 in the passenger, 1 driver. I felt like the car was gonna fall apart. Those were the days when I hated driving!

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 04:59 PM
But now I love driving.

sigh...I probably won't be seeing much of my car these days cause my dad and bro are back from Asia and want to borrow my car! :banghead:

HRD2PLZ
09-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Remember back in High School when hardly anybody had a car and those who did have a car had to drive everyone around? I swear I was everyone's chauffeur when I had my Tercel. I'd drive to all four quadrants of a city. I've even packed 11 people in my car. 7 in the back, 3 in the passenger, 1 driver. I felt like the car was gonna fall apart. Those were the days when I hated driving!

:rofl: Yep, sure don't miss those days. Some of my friends still don't have vehicles and there's 2 that still don't have their licenses :thumbsdow

T5_X
09-25-2002, 05:02 PM

That's why I think parents sould buy thier kids (or make them buy) 2 seaters. When you have a car that can haul a lot of people when your young, everyone is gonna be bugging you for rides, it gets distracting with tons of people in the car and the kid is likely to drive like more of a jackass (not implying anything here ;) )
I think an AW11, reg cab pickup or something along those lines is a perfect 1st car.

HRD2PLZ
09-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Then there's my parents who bought my sister and I each 4 doors. And if that wasn't bad enough- both of them were Fords :thumbsdow

TomTom
09-25-2002, 05:08 PM
with the prelude i go into a different state of mind and look forward to it, im going nuts with it just sitting there.]
so answer is yes (and the best part is the backseats are so tiny that only a small female sitting across can fit:)

92 Teg-B18A
09-25-2002, 05:54 PM
tbk 49 love your avatar! do you have the bigger pic? pm me

I always enjoy driving, I do wish the Teg was a standard. But when I have the itch to drive standard I go cruise in dad's Accord :)

D'z Nutz
09-25-2002, 06:08 PM
But now I love driving.

sigh...I probably won't be seeing much of my car these days cause my dad and bro are back from Asia and want to borrow my car! :banghead:

They're gonna look kinda fruity with that license plate of yours :D

max_boost
09-25-2002, 06:10 PM
I will look forward to driving my car once I get my bodykit on! haha

I like driving modded cars, somehow it just brings a little extra attention and attention is not necessarily a bad thing hehe

ME_VS_YOU
09-25-2002, 06:19 PM
i always look forward to driving.....just driving is fun no matter what the car is

three.eighteen.
09-25-2002, 06:31 PM
yeah, most of the time i look forward to driving, in edmonton not so much (the roads arent nearly as nice...or fun as calgary roads)

Davetronz
09-25-2002, 06:52 PM
I dont anymore, driving makes me tired, and driving standard makes it even more annoying after a long drive in the city.

RSeXy
09-25-2002, 06:59 PM
i don't...just b/c of my usual destination though

school *arrgh* :madred:

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

They're gonna look kinda fruity with that license plate of yours :D

I tried telling them that....it didn't work :banghead:

Ferio_vti
09-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Love driving. Hate parking and coming back later finding door dings and scratches cuz dumbasses can't park/avoid hitting other cars

LaughingTiger
09-25-2002, 07:53 PM
I love driving.. It's my time of harmony.... :D

5.9 R/T
09-25-2002, 11:22 PM
I drive an 88 mazda 323 with ~82hp. NO. :banghead:

sml
09-26-2002, 12:30 PM
I used to when I first got the prelude especially with the 5 speed, but now the 5 speed's getting annoying in traffic and I realize that the prelude's not a fast car (under 5k rpm)... :thumbsdow
So, I got a bike and the joy of cruising is back! And somehow I don't mind the 6 speed gearbox anymore! :thumbsup:

SmelltheRubber
09-27-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Then there's my parents who bought my sister and I each 4 doors. And if that wasn't bad enough- both of them were Fords :thumbsdow

:guns: If I could piss on you and your car at this very moment, I would not hesitate.

Stratus_Power
09-27-2002, 10:16 PM
im not allow to get my own car til my 19 :thumbsdow nor do i have the money to get it now :banghead:

gpomp
09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by sml
I used to when I first got the prelude especially with the 5 speed, but now the 5 speed's getting annoying in traffic and I realize that the prelude's not a fast car (under 5k rpm)... :thumbsdow
So, I got a bike and the joy of cruising is back! And somehow I don't mind the 6 speed gearbox anymore! :thumbsup:

Prelude feels soooooooooooo slow after riding the bike for a week......

2000impreza
09-27-2002, 11:39 PM
i don't look forward to driving anymore. ever since i moved to calgary. everywhere i go is bumper-to-bumper traffic...... i get so pissed off sometimes. especially when i'm driving to/from school. today i drove like a fucking retard just so i could get home 5 mins faster.....:rolleyes:

SmelltheRubber
09-28-2002, 12:56 AM
Its still pretty fun when you can open up the throttle on a empty road. Night driving is still fun no matter what, cause the traffic is never too bad and there are always interesting cars on the road.

dutchlandking
02-05-2004, 09:32 PM
when im in traffic with a stick shift i wana kill myself, the constant neutral 1st 2nd o wait no neutral 1st o shit

the only time i like my car is when im gettin road head other wise its an unconfortable bitch

Ekliptix
02-05-2004, 09:35 PM
^ holy carp
FROM THE GRAVE!!!

edit: and driving my uber slow jeep is boring.

cujo_cjc
02-05-2004, 09:40 PM
well right now
driving is just a casual thing for me
until i get my rsx that is...

Moe Man
02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
i hate driving in this crummy ass weather......i love driving right after i spend about 3h cleaning my car and with rims, lowered
for me i have to turn heads......in the sumer time i used to just drive down to the lake and back just for fun....cant wait till i can do that again

finboy
02-05-2004, 11:44 PM
5 speed night time driving kicks ass, especially cruising out to banff.

MUST GET SPIRIT RUNNING :banghead: :banghead:

Inthered
02-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

:guns: If I could piss on you and your car at this very moment, I would not hesitate.

so funny :rofl:

fast95pony
02-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

That must really suck!! :banghead:
I'd be really pissed if my parents bought me a car.
Driving a FOUR door , Dayuumm. Have you tried Calgary Transit ??
The busses only have two doors...

Your sig name is at least accurate .

But since you're in the Real Estate Million Dollar Club, can't you buy your own car ??
:dunno:

fast95pony
02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
I like driving, except when Ben's yelling and honking his horn at me..

Inthered
02-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

That must really suck!! :banghead:
I'd be really pissed if my parents bought me a car.
Driving a FOUR door , Dayuumm. Have you tried Calgary Transit ??
The busses only have two doors...

Your sig name is at least accurate .

But since you're in the Real Estate Million Dollar Club, can't you buy your own car ??
:dunno:

fuck I would love for my parents to buy me a car. I could care less if someone says that you appreciate it more by buying it yourself.

ZorroAMG
02-06-2004, 12:24 AM
EVERYTIME I drive my car, I'm like a kid in a candy store, especially when I do a mod, even if it's something little...