PDA

View Full Version : Cheap oem equivalent parts online

max_boost
06-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I need a passenger side foglight for a 2013 bmw 328X sedan.

Dealer wants $230 so I just lol'd cause I know for a fact you can buy it online for way cheaper. The problem is I can't remember what website I used 7 years ago.

Which ones have you guys used recently that are reputable. Thanks.

Cos
06-04-2014, 04:32 PM

max_boost
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks Cos. About $120 on rockauto & ebay.

Canadapartsonline is $145

checked some other ones and they didn't even sell it. still think it might be cheaper somewhere lol

Cos
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM

pheoxs
06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Autopartsway maybe?

Know anyone that works at Pepsi cola? They get the largest discount at Napa (Don't ask why) that I've seen.

bowlofrice
06-04-2014, 10:43 PM
rockauto is best

/thread

gpomp
06-04-2014, 11:31 PM
I bought an exhaust tip for my ISF from rock auto and the part that showed up looked nothing like my stock tips. Wrong colour, wrong finish, wrong angle, etc. It bolted up perfectly but didn't look right at all on the car. I ended up returning the part and ordering it from Lexus.

Check out Pelican parts (used to be bimmerspeciliast) for your foglight. Same thing happened to my dad's car and that's where I got the replacement.

max_boost
06-05-2014, 12:14 AM
$68usd on pelican parts but no idea on shipping.

Might just ebay it and get a feedback. At $120 it's 50% off still lol

But got a pm from a beyond member so will see what he says tomorrow.

Sugarphreak
06-05-2014, 07:26 AM

mr2mike
06-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by bowlofrice
rockauto is best

/thread

If you like high shipping charges.

max_boost
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Ebay now has an all in price that breaks down shipping duties taxes etc.

DeleriousZ
06-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Sometimes you can get 'consolidated' shipping which is cheaper, but takes longer. The last time I looked though the price of the 'consolidated' went up considerably though :(

Tik-Tok
06-05-2014, 11:47 AM

I've never had a problem with their shipping rates, mind you I usually wait and buy several things at once.

Max, do you want inexpensive quality OEM replacements, or just cheap? If you're looking for the first one, then don't go Rock Auto, it's cheap stuff that works, but isn't quality.

max_boost
06-05-2014, 12:09 PM
ok thanks tik-tok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191067462273?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

looks like ebay it is i think. as long as they don't ship ups.

Cos
06-05-2014, 01:11 PM

JaffX
07-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Does anyone have good place to buy reasonably priced M performance parts for Canada (excluding ebay)?

DeleriousZ
07-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JaffX
reasonably priced

and

M performance parts

don't really go together lol.

J.M.
07-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

and

:rofl:

mr2mike
07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Does anyone have good place to buy reasonably priced M performance parts for Canada (excluding ebay)?

This is what you're after...
http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-bmw-m-badge.html

The_Penguin
07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I need a passenger side foglight for a 2013 bmw 328X sedan.

Dealer wants $230 so I just lol'd cause I know for a fact you can buy it online for way cheaper. The problem is I can't remember what website I used 7 years ago.

Which ones have you guys used recently that are reputable. Thanks.

Holy shit! That's even worse than Mrs. Penguin's Murano foglights.

JaffX
07-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

and

lol I mean like a site similar to http://www.getbmwparts.com/, unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.

This is what you're after...
http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-bmw-m-badge.html

I'm not interested in the M badges, but thanks...

YCB
07-30-2014, 05:43 AM
www.aliexpress.com for sure isn't OEM but for something as lights, led's are pretty reliable cheap.. etc.. 4 weeks shipping though

www.rockauto.com is always decent

www.ecstuning.com (isn't cheap) but have all OEM parts.

www.getbmwparts.com has everything as well but as you mentioned doesn't ship to Canada, if you have someone in the US you must send them your ID, and photo of MC before they send to them..

GL

G-ZUS
04-25-2015, 12:41 AM
Where's everyone getting their parts these days?

J.M.
04-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Where's everyone getting their parts these days?

I cross shop between ECS tuning, Eeuroparts, FCPeuro, and pelicanparts but CAD is kinda whack right now so I've been holding off on making an order.

ECS is usually cheaper than other places.

Eeuroparts is sometimes good for heavier items like fluids, etc. they ship to Canada brokerage/duty free. Bought a bunch of stuff (radiator, w/p, t-stat, etc.) from them in the past when their shipping to Canada was flat rate $9.95 lol. Now shipping price varies.

FCP is alright, price is close to other sites on most items.

Pelican parts is good as well, their prices are a bit higher compared to ECS though I noticed.

What do you need?

G-ZUS
04-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by J.M.

I cross shop between ECS tuning, Eeuroparts, FCPeuro, and pelicanparts but CAD is kinda whack right now so I've been holding off on making an order.

ECS is usually cheaper than other places.

Eeuroparts is sometimes good for heavier items like fluids, etc. they ship to Canada brokerage/duty free. Bought a bunch of stuff (radiator, w/p, t-stat, etc.) from them in the past when their shipping to Canada was flat rate $9.95 lol. Now shipping price varies.

FCP is alright, price is close to other sites on most items.

Pelican parts is good as well, their prices are a bit higher compared to ECS though I noticed.

What do you need?

Whack load of things. Brake pads and rotors, coolant reservoir, window switches, filters, maybe fluids. How is shipping from those American sites? Brokerage fees?

J.M.
04-25-2015, 09:19 AM
I paid $35 ish shipping on a $1000 order from pelican, shipped via USPS $50 tax bill when it came to my door.

ECS has a bunch of different shipping options, UPS, FedEx, USPS..

I ordered my coolant reservoir tank kit from them (tank, coolant level sensor, reservoir cap) can't remember shipping cost.

Most of these sites ship via USPS starting at around $35 and up.

Ordering rotors online won't be worth it because they are heavy, better to try and find those locally.

Best to make a list of everything you need and use RealOEM.com for part numbers and then price everything out on each site so you get a good idea for shipping costs.