PDA

View Full Version : Sauces with pho

T5_X
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
What are the 2 types of sauce they give you with pho? I think one is chilie sauce and the other... maybe teriyaki???

rage2
03-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Hoisin (seafood) sauce.

Ajay
03-02-2004, 12:24 PM
I've never had seafood sauce with my pho. I've has fish oil whenever I order a rice vermicelli noodle dish but as far as I know pho places always have hot sauce and teriyaki along with soy sauce for your pho.

Teriyaki sauce isn't bad with Pho Sate in my opinion but only a little bit.

rage2
03-02-2004, 12:32 PM
That brown sweet sauce is hoisin/seafood sauce. It's of the sweeter variety (way sweeter than the LEE KUM KEE brand seafood sauce). Officially, the LEE KUM KEE brand is seafood sauce, and the pho sauce is called hoisin, but in english they're both called seafood/hoisin (confusing). But I guarantee you it's not teriyaki man haha.

The hot sauce is usually SRIRACHA brand. That shit's addictive, I got bottles of that at home.

Weapon_R
03-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I swear that Hoisin sauce is terriaki and Honey Garlic sauce mixed together.

rage2
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
http://www.mingspantry.com/m-hoison.html

This is the brand of Hoisin sauce that I use at home. It's very close to most of the Pho shops choice of hoisin sauce.

GTS Jeff
03-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by rage2
That brown sweet sauce is hoisin/seafood sauce. It's of the sweeter variety (way sweeter than the LEE KUM KEE brand seafood sauce). Officially, the LEE KUM KEE brand is seafood sauce, and the pho sauce is called hoisin, but in english they're both called seafood/hoisin (confusing). But I guarantee you it's not teriyaki man haha.

The hot sauce is usually SRIRACHA brand. That shit's addictive, I got bottles of that at home. hmm where does lee kum kee oyster sauce fit into the mix? i use it for my fried greens.

rage2 Pocket PC
03-02-2004, 01:08 PM
it doesnt fit in its just commonly called seafood sauce.

three.eighteen.
03-02-2004, 01:46 PM
ho yow is fucking useless! except when you are really poor and use it to lo mein

T5_X
03-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
hmm where does lee kum kee oyster sauce fit into the mix? i use it for my fried greens.

Oyster sauce is'nt sweet, much more sour and it has a more pungent taste to it.

Ajay
03-02-2004, 04:22 PM

The hot sauce is usually SRIRACHA brand. That shit's addictive, I got bottles of that at home.

Really? I did not know that...always thought it was teriyaki. Either way it tastes pretty good.

sputnik
03-02-2004, 04:29 PM

:werd:

that stuff kicks ASS i put it on almost everything...

SoSlowDx
03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
http://www.mingspantry.com/m-hoison.html

This is the brand of Hoisin sauce that I use at home. It's very close to most of the Pho shops choice of hoisin sauce.

kevie88
03-02-2004, 07:48 PM

No kidding man! I must have gone thru 10 bottles of that stuff in the last 3 months.. It goes on everything from Kraft dinner to spaghetti sauce!!

I get funny looks at the asian supermarket on Center every time I'm in for my weekly bottle :rofl:

T5_X
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Where else can you get that sriracha sauce? Unfortunately, Lethbridge's chinatown is somewhat lacking :rofl:

blinkme_210
03-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Try Superstore, they're reknown for carrying Asian products. Although you are in Lethbridge....

Strider
03-02-2004, 10:37 PM

I've seen more than one brand of Sriracha, is it the rooster one? I've been hunting for the best hot sauce for the longest time.

ninspeed
03-02-2004, 10:45 PM