PDA

View Full Version : New Truck Day

Brent.ff
06-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Well, had for ~2 weeks but finally got it out for fishing.
2014 Tacoma TRD Sport - Spruce Mica

avishal26
06-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Interesting colour - Is it new for 2014? Have not seen that around - at least not with that tinge of green.

Looking good though.

Please dont lift it and put HID bulbs in those halogen housings :)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Wait did you take delivery then take it down a shit road for fun lol

Brent.ff
06-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

No, have had it for ~2 weeks. Slowly breaking it in, went fishing on Saturday and wanted to take it. Pretty minor gravel road.

Think they came out with the Spruce Mica for '13, but rare to see them. Love the color of it, was flaking a bit on it as they were going to take a month to deliver (managed to get it in a week), but i've only seen one other in Calgary. I know of one other one.

slinkie
06-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I like the colour a lot

JfuckinC
06-09-2014, 01:42 PM

It's a truck for christ sake lol :nut:

MalibuStacy
06-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Dude have you seen all the parkin lot queens in Calgary?

Yeah they are trucks, but not real trucks haha

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

I wouldn't buy a new truck and immediately start taking it down gravel roads and such, I'd be keeping it pristine for as long as possible.

But that's just me.

flipstah
06-09-2014, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't buy a new truck and immediately start taking it down gravel roads and such, I'd be keeping it pristine for as long as possible.

But that's just me.

Stick to a car then lol.

It's a truck! :thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
06-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Jesus, I can see not busting down some tight trails, but avoiding gravel? It's a truck.

blitz
06-09-2014, 03:23 PM

But that's just me.

:rofl:

You know that some places don't have paved roads right?

Brent.ff
06-09-2014, 03:26 PM
no scratches or dings from the gravel road...same can't be said about parking lots in town...that was painful

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by blitz

:rofl:

You know that some places don't have paved roads right?

Yeah but I thought he literally took delivery today and decided to take it for a rip lol.

VetteRacin
06-09-2014, 07:45 PM

Yeah but I thought he literally took delivery today and decided to take it for a rip lol.

Even if he did..does it really matter? It's his truck not yours.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin

Even if he did..does it really matter? It's his truck not yours.

No like I said above if it was me I would be trying to keep my car as clean and damage/rock free for as long as possible.

He can do what he wants.

vengie
06-09-2014, 07:59 PM

No like I said above if it was me I would be trying to keep my car as clean and damage/rock free for as long as possible.

He can do what he wants.

This is why you own a BRZ and not a truck... The day after I got my ram I was bombing down gravel roads to my buddies farm to shoot. Then proceeded to pull it in his field and cover it in mud.

Nice truck OP, the color is interesting for sure.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by vengie

This is why you own a BRZ and not a truck... The day after I got my ram I was bombing down gravel roads to my buddies farm to shoot. Then proceeded to pull it in his field and cover it in mud.

Nice truck OP, the color is interesting for sure.

I also own a SUV that I have never washed since I owned it, so what's your point?

JfuckinC
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM

I also own a SUV that I have never washed since I owned it, so what's your point?

lol people are just beyond group raping you, it's what they do. who cares :poosie:

Shlade
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
I was close to buying a Raptor and if I did I'd be taking that thing through the biggest mud puddle and shithole I could... Trucks are meant for offroad duty lol

vengie
06-09-2014, 08:38 PM

I'm saying you bought a vehicle to suit your lifestyle, as we all did. In this case he bought a truck, so to be surprised it's off pavement in it's first couple weeks should not be a shocker, he's using it as a truck was intended.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by vengie

I'm saying you bought a vehicle to suit your lifestyle, as we all did. In this case he bought a truck, so to be surprised it's off pavement in it's first couple weeks should not be a shocker, he's using it as a truck was intended.

No I was surprised it was off pavement within hours because of the thread title, which wasn't the case after all.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Enough derailing, I love the new green for 2013 and 14 got a decent blue for the first time ever.

There's a green mica taco driving around with the TRD rims. Looks reaaaally good with the bronze TRD's

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/burwood69/SFPLImage121404.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/user/burwood69/media/SFPLImage121404.jpg.html)

Brent.ff
06-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Ya the beadlocks are pretty sweet. Will eventually lift and get black rims. Plastidip the badges. LED bar in lower grill

BokCh0y
06-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Love the color, love the truck - congrats!!!

more pics please.

SR5? Limited? I wish they had sunroofs/moonroofs like the old Tacoma's and Pickups.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-09-2014, 11:06 PM
It's a TRD Sport, 1 step down from limited. The Sport is the only one worth buying in my opinion.

The old sunroofs never opened, they popped out lol.

Brent.ff
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, it's the TRD Sport. Wish they offered the Off-Road in a double cab, though wheeling isn't the first thing on my list. Contemplated the leather, but the toyota leather was not appealing at all, so saved the money.

After all the research i did, kind of forgot to measure the garage. That was a terrifying few minutes. Backup camera paid off immediately after this...

bjstare
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Aside from the dummy hood scoop and different rims, what does the TRD sport give you over the TRD off road?

flipstah
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Street cred.

Brent.ff
06-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
Aside from the dummy hood scoop and different rims, what does the TRD sport give you over the TRD off road?

Double cab vs access. Massive difference in back seat room.

bjstare
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Didn't know they changed that. My parents have a 2012 TRD off-road with the double cab :dunno:

Brent.ff
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
Didn't know they changed that. My parents have a 2012 TRD off-road with the double cab :dunno:

ya not sure why it's not offered, not in Canada anyway?

bjstare
06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Brent.ff

ya not sure why it's not offered, not in Canada anyway?

That might explain it. They bought their tacoma in Hawaii.

BokCh0y
06-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
It's a TRD Sport, 1 step down from limited. The Sport is the only one worth buying in my opinion.

Mine opened tilt wise, but you can physically remove the glass completely. Similar to what was done with the gen1 mr2's. It was a feature that was tedious, but I enjoy it.

4runneron36s
06-11-2014, 08:28 AM

the trim packages go: Base, SR5, SR5 TRD Sport, SR5 TRD Off Road. The Off Road comes with a rear e-locker and A-TRAC as well as a front skid plate. The down side is in Canada they are only available with the access cab long box, but in the US you can get a double cab, short box, 6 spd and TRD Off Road (ideal machine imho).

Oh, and congrats on the new truck. Do you have any mods in mind?

Brent.ff
06-11-2014, 08:54 AM
I'll eventually do a small lift (3" front, 1.5 to back), bigger tires, black or smoke wheels. LED Bar in the lower grill (ala this: http://www.desertstreetcars.com/pics/gtaburnout/Tacoma/lightbar_23.jpg). Have a canopy on order (Leer 100xr), so build a camping rig in the back. Plastidip badges

As you can tell, don't have room to put an ARB bumper or anything on the front any time soon, so any major mods will have to wait

Aleks
06-11-2014, 01:06 PM

For double cabs there is an extra trim between TRD Sport and Limited, called TRD Sport Premium.

For some reason in Canada you can't pick and choose bed lenghts with transmissions like you can in USA :dunno:

Brent.ff
09-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Couple months later:
Leer 100XR
30" LED bar in lower grill (let there be light!)
Weathertec floor liners
G Tek Fab DSPs
Wrangler Duratrecs

Brent.ff
09-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Better photo of light bar

Sugarphreak
09-01-2014, 11:56 AM

btimbit
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Beautiful!

Disoblige
09-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Love this color! Nice :D

Brent.ff
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys, and color was canned for 2015... So even rarer!

FraserB
09-01-2014, 05:09 PM
You don't happen to live by the Rockyview do you? I've seen what looks like this exact truck a few times down the block from me. Looks insane in the sunlight.:thumbsup:

relyt92
09-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Ditto on the colour, there's one of these down the street from me and the flake in the paint is awesome.

16hypen3sp
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
The LED bar in the lower grill looks really sharp.

Brent.ff
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
You don't happen to live by the Rockyview do you? I've seen what looks like this exact truck a few times down the block from me. Looks insane in the sunlight.:thumbsup:

Nope I'm down south. I know there's a couple twins out there with the same color and canopy

klumsy_tumbler
09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Awesome looking truck! We have one the same year, and we absolutely love it. You mentioned that you opted out of the leather because you had heard that Toyota leather wasn't all that great, but have you looked into Katskinz (sp?). We have that on ours, and it's great! You can also choose colour/pattern/trim, which is a nice little bonus.

Have you found that you use your LED bar often? Aside from driving out in the field to find my horse at night one time, I haven't used it at all...

Also, how would you say the light quality you get from yours is? I only ask because ours isn't as bright as I was expecting and I noticed that yours seems to be mounted lower than ours, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...

Hallowed_point
09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
^I usually hate green vehicles but not this one :drool:

Brent.ff
09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
Awesome looking truck! We have one the same year, and we absolutely love it. You mentioned that you opted out of the leather because you had heard that Toyota leather wasn't all that great, but have you looked into Katskinz (sp?). We have that on ours, and it's great! You can also choose colour/pattern/trim, which is a nice little bonus.

Have you found that you use your LED bar often? Aside from driving out in the field to find my horse at night one time, I haven't used it at all...

Also, how would you say the light quality you get from yours is? I only ask because ours isn't as bright as I was expecting and I noticed that yours seems to be mounted lower than ours, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...

I've only used it once (been in for 3 weeks), was impressed by the light output so far. Also haven't been driving in the night too much considering it is just September. Really bought it for nights on logging roads in NW BC (steelhead fishing), so won't really know this year as I'm not sure if I'll get up there again. Being that you can't use it on a highway certainly limits the use, but I didn't buck up for a Rigid , so I don't feel too bad not using it that much.

We sat in one with the leather and just wasn't impressed at all, not a nice color or really an appealing leather at all. May look down the road at something different , but doubt it. Taking the bumper off of a new vehicle was stressful enough!

BerserkerCatSplat
09-02-2014, 02:57 PM
That's a slick install on the light bar, well done.