PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Segway in Calgary

LUDELVR
06-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can rent a Segway or has one that I can rent from you? Prices?

JRSC00LUDE
06-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Practicing to be a mall cop?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
No. Just no.

Those things need to end along with crocs.

Penguin_Racecar
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Using the googles:

NEW - CALGARY SEGWAY TOURS COMING SPRING/SUMMER OF 2014

Join us this spring/summer season for our first Calgary Segway Tour! Please call 780-995-7347 for more information.

LUDELVR
06-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
No. Just no.

Those things need to end along with crocs.

Haha no no I hear yah for sure! I'm actually thinking about renting one because I'm helping out with a charity run for my wife and I'm going to be dressed up in a flash outfit and I thought it would be hilarious if I were booting around on a Segway or golf cart!

16hypen3sp
06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Are these not still prohibited in Alberta? Looks like they can only be used on private property.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/content/docType45/Production/smallvehiclesinab3.pdf

My_name_is_Rob
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Are these not still prohibited in Alberta? Looks like they can only be used on private. roperty.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/content/docType45/Production/smallvehiclesinab3.pdf

I don't think so, because we got pulled over last summer by two cops on segways. We were in cars, so it was embarrasing to say the least

blairtruck
06-09-2014, 10:41 PM
i see a guy in a suit ripping downtown in edmonton in the summers.

16hypen3sp
06-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

I don't think so, because we got pulled over last summer by two cops on segways. We were in cars, so it was embarrasing to say the least

-----------------------------------------------------
Prohibited Miniature Vehicles

These vehicles are motor vehicles as defined in
the Traffic Safety Act, however they also meet
the definition of “miniature vehicles” which are not permitted on a highway in Alberta including sidewalks alongside the roadway.

· Miniature vehicles may only be operated on
private property.

· The only exception to this prohibition is a
special permit granting authority to operate on
a highway.

· In law, these vehicles meet the definition of a
motor vehicle, but they do not fit the definitions
of mobility aid, motorcycle, or pedestrian.

· While many of these motorized vehicles will be
used in a pedestrian-like manner, the operators
of these vehicles do not meet the legal
definition of “pedestrian”.

· Prohibited miniature vehicles include: personal transporter, pocket bikes, go carts, electric scooters and golf carts.

------------------------------------------------------
The police that use them have the permits so they can be in public. If an ordinary citizen wants to use one in public, they need to apply for the permit and cut through the red tape.

Kind of sucks for everyone actually. Segways need to fall into the definition of a "pedestrian" just like the mobility aids do. That document that I linked is dated March of 2013. Not sure if things have changed since then.

I have rented an off-road segway before. They are quite fun. Just went flying down some trails. Very weird to step up onto for the first time.

sidewaysD
06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Well I am sure you can rent a granny scooter, and boot around in it with your flash out fit.

Even has a basket upfront to leave your man-card in :D

Sounds like fun though haha