PDA

View Full Version : Whistler BC

Cos
06-10-2014, 04:44 PM

zipdoa
06-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Can't help with anything but getting you stoked to ride.

uIxrPh_sFaE
vI3lRkBSlf8
3qjyrj8zPEc
I7OFtjBexjc

supe
06-11-2014, 11:50 AM
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/events-and-activities/events-calendar/events/2014/08/bbq-championships.aspx

I've been, its a bit chaotic but it's some of the best food you'll ever taste.

BrknFngrs
06-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Can't comment on accomodations as I was there for work but the riding is amazing; hands down my favourite spot.

If anyone in your group hasn't done lift access before make sure to pace yourself; the trails at Whistler can get very intense and technical.

redline
06-11-2014, 05:38 PM
For mountain biking trip stay at the holiday inn, 5 mins walk to lifts, can get a two bedroom room with sleeping for 6, its cheap and they allow you to bring bikes into the room(big bonus)

stayed there many times for biking and skiiing

Cos
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Cos
07-15-2014, 05:25 PM

20incheyes
07-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Anyone have any specific favorites for food in Whistler? We are here now and need a place for birthday dinner.

If you like fresh seafood Araxi is hard to beat in Whistler. Sushi village is my other top choice in the area.

I've spent probably close to 200 nights in Whistler so if you have any other questions just ask.

For cheap eats I enjoy Fat tonys Blue Cheese pizza slices (I don't normally enjoy blue chesse) and the $5 options at El Furniture Warehouse keep the budget in check.

Barefoot bistro sucks imho

The bar in the four seasons hotels has some good specials throughout the week, I think it's $3 beers on Wednesdays.

20incheyes
07-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Need accommodation for 5 people for 3 days. Was looking on VRBO and havent had a lot of luck. Anyone have good recommendations for hotel? We would like one of the rooms to have a kitchenette.

Summer is low seasons in Whistler for the most part. I wouldn't bother with VRBO, I don't think you will save much. There are tons of condos you can rent on expedia or even better whistlerblackcomb.com . Some even have private hot tubs on the deck overlooking the action such as sundial.

We usually stay at the Four Seasons and when you book though virtuoso or a four season preffered partner you get lots of free benefits. Our rate is usually under $200 all in for the room but they also have 2 an 3 bedroom residences which would be baller but expensive compared to the rest of your options in whistler.

I've stayed in way too many hotels/condos over the years in Whistler so in case you have any questions about loation or even certain buildings just ask

austic
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I loved biking there. A Line was amazing, its like riding a rollercoaster on your bike.

Cos
07-21-2014, 05:12 PM