PDA

View Full Version : Heninger Toyota Lemon

davidI
06-11-2014, 06:24 AM
My buddy just posted a photo of this truck on Facebook. Does it belong to anyone on here?

n1zm0
06-11-2014, 06:42 AM
I saw this guy on Deerfoot last month, iirc he has a website explaining all that has happened, or maybe it was on reddit I'm not sure, bunch of electrical gremlins and poor warranty service I think it was.

If anything it was kind of distracting, everyone was slowing down with their damned phones to take a pic. :rofl:

CapnCrunch
06-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Lol awesome.

rage2
06-11-2014, 07:19 AM
That's a stunting ticket right there. :rofl:

GQBalla
06-11-2014, 07:19 AM
if it's a lemon, hows he still driving it?

Sugarphreak
06-11-2014, 07:23 AM

GTS4tw
06-11-2014, 07:25 AM
This has been going on for awhile. There was a pic of this truck on Beyond a month or 2 ago.

Brent.ff
06-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
This has been going on for awhile. There was a pic of this truck on Beyond a month or 2 ago.

ya I posted it when i was looking into Tacomas. I love that this guy took the time and money to print the lemons and sign, and takes the time to put the sign up everywhere he goes.... I forgot to show it to the guy i was dealing with at Heninger...

CapnCrunch
06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm surprised we haven't had a Defender of Toyota in here yet, posting how his family has always had problem free Toyotas for the past 150 years and that he put 500,000kms on one without a single repair or doing any maintenance and is still on the original tank of gas.

GQBalla
06-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Truck looks pretty new... too

horrible.

msommers
06-11-2014, 09:15 AM
That's absolutely brutal. Hopefully they shape up and do what's right.

nobb
06-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Anyone know the story behind this? These are typically pretty reliable trucks.

davidI
06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I can understand the dealer being cheap, but I'm surprised Toyota hasn't seen this and forced them to do the right thing!

It's pretty bad publicity...especially if lots of you guys have seen this posted before!

slammedfc
06-11-2014, 03:35 PM
There was a guy doing this back home in BC, Parked the shitty VW lemon out front for about 2 months. Signs and everything all over the car explaining it, cops told him to hit the road...

dj_rice
06-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Deja vu. Reminded me of the guy who bought I think it was a Dodge Challenger. Posted on here too.

clem24
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
So no actual story somewhere in the web about why he's bitching about his truck? :dunno:

A790
06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
He's posted all over Heninger's facebook page. Apparently the truck was OUT of warranty...

BokCh0y
06-12-2014, 04:41 PM
So what's the story then? I don't have fb so can't go and see what that person has been writing. thanks.

rage2
06-12-2014, 04:41 PM
I like Heninger's response:

While we can’t yet be certain who the driver of this Tacoma is, we have a strong suspicion it’s a gentleman who came in recently with an off-warranty Tacoma seeking service. This is the response our service manager wrote to him when he sent an ominously threatening email of complaint after his visit:

‘As a franchise of Toyota Canada we are limited to performing warranty repairs by the parameters set forth by Toyota Canada themselves. The warranty parameter set for the concerns you're having with your Tacoma is 3 years or 60,000 kms whichever comes first. That said, Toyota values its customers and has given us some tools to request warranty extensions in certain situations. They do however require the dealer to diagnose the required repairs and submit documentation to them for a decision making process that they have internally. Because the vehicle is out of warranty, the diagnosis is the responsibility of the customer and may or may not be reimbursed as part of the "goodwill" claim. The franchisee, being Heninger Toyota in this case, waits for the decision and notifies the customer once one is made. If Toyota decides to extend the warranty, there is typically some cost splitting between the customer and Toyota. In some cases the dealer may also participate if the customer has been an loyal service customer.

I understand that you are upset but please recognize that the Heninger staff assisting you yesterday were attempting to lead you towards having this repair performed properly and at a minimal cost to you.

If you would like to revisit having the diagnosis performed in order to submit a claim to Toyota Canada, please don't hesitate to contact me.‘

He’s clearly chosen not to accept our invitation to find a solution with us, and decided instead to decorate his truck with an offensive sign. We’ve seen pictures of this vehicle in a few locations around town and are glad to see he’s confident enough in the quality of his truck to be using it for his daily travel.
:rofl:

max_boost
06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL. Did Kenny write that haha

rage2
06-12-2014, 05:00 PM
What surprised me was that Toyota warranty is only 3 years, I thought the industry norm was 4. They really take care of their customers though, my bro's Yaris had ran out of warranty, the synchros from a previous warranty claim failed, and they gave him a brand new gearbox under goodwill warranty.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Its 3 year 60 for the basics. 5 year power train and drive-line warranty.

He's probably butt sore a shock is leaking. Goodwill costs the dealerships and can only do so many a year based on volume.

Either way its always funny to watch people freak out over warranty when its black and white for the most part. Not much to argue.

GTS4tw
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
All that facebook post says to me is that they have so many unsatisfied customers that they dont even know which one this is. they must have tons of guys with the same color, model, and year who all have problems, or they would know for sure who it is. Very poorly written and unprofessional response, but it appeals to the immature, and ignorant, and that will still get them 80-90% of the population, so no harm done.

That said, I would like to hear the other side, as many customers are very demanding, but when you appeal to morons, you get morons as your customers....just sayin.

rage2
06-12-2014, 08:02 PM
The wording is to protect them from libel. ;)

clem24
06-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2
What surprised me was that Toyota warranty is only 3 years, I thought the industry norm was 4.

4 is the norm for European marquees.. Japanese is typically 3 bumper to bumper and 5 on the powertrain.

Heisenbergh
10-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Do any forum member's know what ever happened with this guy and his lemon Tacoma ????