PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a Class 6 to insure a dirt bike?

Redlined_8000
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM
So I have a class 5 licence and TD Meloche Monnex will not let me insure my dirt bike unless I have a class 6. I told him this bike is for off road use only.... And I need a class 6 for that? Any insurance that will cover me? I just need the basic insurance to be able to take it out legally.

:thumbsdow for TD

Mista Bob
06-13-2014, 08:20 PM
I didn't think you even needed a class 6 to insure any motorcycle.
You can ride without a class 6 on roads, just need someone with one to follow IIRC. Off-road doesn't have any license requirement does it? :dunno:

turbotrip
06-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Masked Bandit

Unknown303
06-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Just call Masked Bandit and get it over with already.

ryder_23
06-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Yep, call touchstone, they'll get you in order. I had no problem insuring my street bike years ago before I even had my class 6.

jacky4566
06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
TD Meloche Monnex doesn't like to insure bikes. Its not their game.
Try some other competitors.

guessboi
06-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
So I have a class 5 licence and TD Meloche Monnex will not let me insure my dirt bike unless I have a class 6. I told him this bike is for off road use only.... And I need a class 6 for that? Any insurance that will cover me? I just need the basic insurance to be able to take it out legally.

No you do not need a class 6 license to insure your dirt bike and is dirt cheap.
TD doesn't even insure scooters but seems like they are doing high cc sport bikes now while most companies won't touch it. :nut:

Masked Bandit
06-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

No problem insuring a dirt bike without a class six (like everyone is saying). In theory it will be a little cheaper with a class six but for PLPD on a dirt bike, the difference isn't even worth worrying about. Shoot me a PM and I can have one of our brokers hook you up.

Cheers!