PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Immobiliser/Ignition Problems

haggis88
06-20-2014, 10:18 AM
So last night I got home and parked the car as usual, put on the ebrake and turned off the ignition (didn't press any buttons on the remote) but the engine didn't stop running even with the keys out and doors locked!

So I pressed the button combo for ready mode on my nordicstart and waited the 30seconds for the engine to shut down and nothing happened

It didnt even cut itself off when I got in and pulled away with no keys in

Anyway I got around it by stalling the car and the disconnected the battery to put off the ignition lights

Got into the car this morning and reconnected the battery and went to start it...it cranked over but wouldn't start and I noticed the immobiliser light flashing

Luckily I have my aem v2 standalone and installed that with my basemap and it started up first time but the ignition lights are still stuck on unless the battery is disconnected

Anyone have any ideas? I tried unplugging the remote start brain and all the usual reset things but not had any joy so far!

MGCM
06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
did u try reprogramming the key and key fob? clubrsx and hondatech have the proceedures in DIY's.

haggis88
06-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Nathan, I tried reprogramming the starter remote as per the instructions but it didn't work...I don't have an OEM Acura remote!

i think with me having the brain out I need to reprogram that to the car but I can't find proper instructions on how to do that.

I solved the problem however (well, kinda)

The remote start losing it's memory was causing the immobiliser to kick in with the standard ECU in, so with that all removed i could get it to start no problem.

The ignition light issue was caused by a frayed wire under my passenger seat near the amplifier. The remote wire for my amp was frayed and touching the +12v constant and therefore charging the full ignition circuit forcing the lights to stay on...a very simple fix, but one that didn't occur to me immediately as i didn't think the ignition wires would have run all the way under there!

MGCM
06-29-2014, 10:27 PM
maybe you can help me figure out my power window module issue, im all out of ideas as to why its acting the way it does. Link to my clubrsx thread posted below

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1020234

haggis88
06-30-2014, 05:45 PM
that's a strange one man...i don't have a lot of electrical knowledge so my method is usually removing/replacing fuses until it works haha

MR2-3SGTE
06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
I believe you can reset it the auto power window by holding it up for 10 seconds (with ACC on) and then letting go and checking back after 30 min or so. Worth a shot.

MGCM
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE
I believe you can reset it the auto power window by holding it up for 10 seconds (with ACC on) and then letting go and checking back after 30 min or so. Worth a shot.

lol thats what i discovered after i somehow made things very wrong. Now both modules are effed up and I think I will have to replace it. Module A makes the window go down and Module B makes it go up, all without me ever touching the buttons. Its all very very strange and makes zero logical sense.