PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 douche bag Bikes

Zetsu
06-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I saw a similar post on the "General car talk" section, thought it could be interesting ;)

Masked Bandit
06-23-2014, 10:28 AM
1. Anything with exhaust modified to be louder simply for the reason that "loud pipes save lives".
2-9 - See #1.
10. Scooters. Get off the road already.

Mista Bob
06-23-2014, 10:29 AM
1. Gixxer
2-4. Various Harley models
5. Busa
6-10. Various Harley models.

Kloubek
06-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Personally, I hate anyone who rides something like this. They go wherever they want, drive, like... 3k an hour, and don't even look around for oncoming traffic. Basically, those who ride these seem to think they own the fucking road. Douchebags.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/trike.jpg

ercchry
06-23-2014, 10:33 AM
1. anything without a motor
2. choppers that dont wave
3. touring bikes that dont wave
4-10. super sports

tha_bandit
06-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
1. anything without a motor

Fixie

tha_bandit
06-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Double post

civic_stylez
06-23-2014, 10:45 AM
I love my gixxer but i hate 95% of other gixxer riders. Almost every person is see on a gsxr is wearing a t shirt, shorts and skate shoes. Maybe im a dbag and just dont know it.:D

Any bike with neon or underglow

Biggest losers are the Harley riders that need to crack throttle and get those stupid pipes as loud as they can when going 50 yards light to light on 17th or Mcleod.

Harleys with the distorted crap stereos on them at full blast cranking out some wannabe tough guy song like radar love by golden earring.

Additional haterade goes to Harley riders wearing " Sons of Anarchy" hoodies. Thats the reason you bought a harley eh? Did you want me to call you Jax too?

Street bikes with chrome wheels. Go away. ( Commonly seen on Hayabusas and R1's)

Goldwings with fat old dudes in polo shirts, shorts and loafers.

I guess I dislike certain groups of riders more than their bikes but as long as they are part of the 2 wheel community, they get respect from me.

:clap:

16hypen3sp
06-23-2014, 10:58 AM
It would be nice if the hardcore Harley guys waved back at me once in a while.

71/454
06-23-2014, 11:11 AM
1-8. Every sport bike where the owner has relocated the his plate in front of the rear tire to hide it so he can ride like a douche.
9. Loud as fuck Harley's
10. Hard tails

Zetsu
06-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Any bike with neon or underglow
:clap:

second this!

lee88
06-23-2014, 11:15 AM
I own a Harley now after riding sportbikes for 10yrs. I wave to everyone on 2 wheels. It's weird waving to the guys/gals on sportbikes that don't wave back

Disoblige
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Haha, I find it funny that people find Gixxer riders douchey too.
Not really sure why but the douchiest people I know ride Gixxers.

D. Dub
06-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Silver spacesuit wearing BMW GS riding Ewan McGregor wannabes.

16hypen3sp
06-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lee88
I own a Harley now after riding sportbikes for 10yrs. I wave to everyone on 2 wheels. It's weird waving to the guys/gals on sportbikes that don't wave back

I always wave at sport bike riders. They always wave back. Lately with Harley riders, I've been waiting to see if they are going to wave before I do. I think I'm just going start doing it first from now on.

Most of my family rides cruisers and when I'm with them, I get waves from all bikers... Doesn't matter what style of bike they're on.

As for the most d-bag riders... I think of people in the states with no helmets. It doesn't even look good, especially on a sport bike.

civic_stylez
06-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Ive noticed over the years that its a "wave to your own kind" type thing. Most sport riders wave and I always wave back. I dont voluntarily wave to harleys but if they do i will wave back. I always support the riding community regardless of what they ride but i am snobby in who i wave to. Ill get the odd wave from a touring bike guy or a cruiser as well.

I draw the line at the Can-am 3 wheeled estrogen cycle things.. if its not on 2 wheels, no wave..hell, no acknowledgement lol.. man im a dick..

JVR1
06-23-2014, 01:04 PM
^^ agreed.. no waves for cam-ams.

i laugh when i accidentally wave at a scooter. :rofl:

it'd be wicked to have a pimped out ruckus though.

ercchry
06-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Ive noticed over the years that its a "wave to your own kind" type thing. Most sport riders wave and I always wave back. I dont voluntarily wave to harleys but if they do i will wave back. I always support the riding community regardless of what they ride but i am snobby in who i wave to. Ill get the odd wave from a touring bike guy or a cruiser as well.

I draw the line at the Can-am 3 wheeled estrogen cycle things.. if its not on 2 wheels, no wave..hell, no acknowledgement lol.. man im a dick..

good thing gixxer are already on the list :rofl:

Dumbass17
06-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
10. Scooters. Get off the road already.

pfffft
they're so convenient, also less than $2 to fill :P

codetrap
06-23-2014, 01:40 PM
People who feel the need to constantly wave at each other on bikes.

WTF? Are you so insecure that you feel the need to validate your riding experience by pretending you're the Queen on tour? Keep your fucking hands on your controls. If you start giving made up hand signals, make sure they're not even remotely close to the REAL hand signals that tell people you're going to be turning, or going straight.

:nut:

(Yes, I'm primarily being facetious)

carson blocks
06-23-2014, 01:48 PM
For me, it's not so much the bikes, but the guys that are attracted to certain styles.

1. Supersport / Race replica bikes with riders who can barely make an intersection turn at street speeds nevermind being able to use even 5% of the potential of their wannabe race bike. Spend a few hours and a few dollars upgrading the rider before throwing another $500 at some new slick racing part that would make you .001 seconds faster if you'd ever actually been to a racetrack.

2. Any bike larger than a beginner bike, when ridden by someone who clearly cannot ride. If your take-off on a Ninja 250 or Marauder 650 is clumsy, I'll likely forgive it as you're probably just learning. If you wobble and drag your feet through the intersection on your R1 or 1800cc cruiser, you're probably a hopeless idiot.

3. Harley guys or Sportbike guys (both camps are equally guilty) who think anyone riding the other style machine is an idiot, and the only type of motorcycle one should ever ride is the kind that they prefer (although we're all a little biased towards our favourites). Both camps also like to get caught up in who should wave to who, and experience extreme butthurt about the other camp never waving to them.

4. Pointlessly modified bikes. If your sportbike has 50lbs of chrome (inc. chromed windscreen), speakers, neon underglow, and other crap that serves only to make it slower, you're probably a douchebag. If you want a slow cruiser with lots of chrome and a stereo, do your thing, but don't start out with a perfectly good race bike, ok?

5. Bikes that are designed for image. If you're an accountant or IT guy (like me) who rides any sort of bike just because they like it, that's cool. If you're an accountant or IT guy who dresses like someone off Sons of Anarchy, has a 1%'er patch, rides a bike (usually 883 sportster) with skulls, flames, iron crosses, six-shooter grips, and whatever else you think makes you badass, you're probably a douchebag. No one is intimidated, if we're pointing and looking at you, it's not because we think you're cool or scary.

6. Obnoxiously girly bikes / leathers. I might get some heat for this one, but that's ok. If you're a girl who rides for the love of riding, has a genuine interest in motorcycles, and can hold a conversation about riding, that's awesome and you're not who I'm talking about here. If you're a girl who just got in to riding to look 'hot' on a 'sexy bike' and you can't even properly memorize what kind of bike you have (usually described as a 'GXS600', 'Ninja R600' or simply 'a crotch rocket'), you're probably a douche-ette. These girls usually have the most pink leathers / bikes possible just to make sure that even passing you in the opposite direction on a divided highway at night, everyone knows they're a 'super sexy' girl rider which apparently makes them special somehow. The good news is that these types often give up the hobby after their first little drop or fall.

TL;DR: If you can't ride and aren't trying to better yourself, or you ride because of image instead of enthusiasm, you're a d-bag no matter what you're riding.

JRSC00LUDE
06-23-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't like waving back. I think it is stupid.

I also don't wave at other Ridgelines or Preludes or people riding a BMX or pushing a Chariot or whatever the case may be at the time. We have similar things, we're not friends now.

(I guess that makes me the anti-social douchebag)

MalibuStacy
06-23-2014, 02:14 PM
If we are talking bicycles, I really get annoys with the guys wearing the spandex biking suits... come on guy, you ain't Armstrong. You look ridiculous.

civic_stylez
06-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

good thing gixxer are already on the list :rofl:

Hey!! I bought my gixxer from you!!! hahaha.

There must be a dbag spirit with every bike. Once its in you...:D

duaner
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lee88
Coincidentally, I saw this on FB today:

Top 10 Reasons For Not Waving to Other Bikers (http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/06/03/top-10-reasons-for-not-waving-to-other-bikers/)

bjstare
06-23-2014, 04:11 PM
^Haha that was pretty good. My dad and uncle both ride BMWs for their road bikes :rolleyes: :rofl:

16hypen3sp
06-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

WTF? Are you so insecure that you feel the need to validate your riding experience by pretending you're the Queen on tour? Keep your fucking hands on your controls. If you start giving made up hand signals, make sure they're not even remotely close to the REAL hand signals that tell people you're going to be turning, or going straight.

Just being friendly.

EDIT: Would you wave at the Hells Angels?

codetrap
06-23-2014, 04:25 PM
16hypen3sp - It's all good. :)

And no.. I don't interact with the HA at all.

shakalaka
06-23-2014, 04:39 PM
I just got a gixxer a couple of months ago. Didn't know they were considered douchey. lol

ercchry
06-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I just got a gixxer a couple of months ago. Didn't know they were considered douchey. lol

well, it will at least match the range and c63 :rofl:

shakalaka
06-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Don't forget the Escalade, X5, Mustang and GLK as well...but those are all family vehicles. Family of dbags it appears.:rofl:

16hypen3sp
06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Buyers remorse now shak?

haha... just playin with yah. I actually don't think gixxers are douchy.

Anyone who loves riding gets my respect... I personally love riding. Like I'm actually in love with my bike.

Just look at it in my sig... :love: :hitit: :drool:

shakalaka
06-23-2014, 05:24 PM
I love bikes a lot as well but I literally never get the time to ride it anywhere. It's just parked in the garage and I haven't touched it in almost a month I would say. Just find the time with work and on weekends if it doesn't rain or some shit, I need to be able to carry some things which I can't at all on a bike. I really need to buy a bag pack or something. Sometimes I just think I should sell it as it doesn't get use anyway and I am just paying $700 for the insurance for no reason.

When I got my bike I sold my R6 and just wanted something different. Didn't care for a gsxr or anything but as luck would have it found a decent deal on a 2006 gsxr 1000. I would have probably been happier with a 600 or 750 bike but figured I shouldn't pass on the deal. Just wish I got to ride it more so I could feel really comfortable on it.

woodywoodford
06-23-2014, 05:25 PM
For me it was always the track crowd. I tried out the roadracing thing for a summer, and in that time the new guys and casual guys were usually cool, but the older/experienced/sponsored guys who should be showing us the ropes were probably the most arrogant fucks I've ever met. Basically if you didn't have sponsors you weren't worthy to ride with them kind of deal.

So yeah, them.

Rocket1k78
06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
GSXR's are king when it comes to the DB label. I've seen a couple videos of guys doing burnouts inside their house and its always a GSXR.

frozenrice
06-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Any Harley fanboy that isn't even badass. I worked with a total a-hole like that a few years ago. He was supposedly a Bible thumper too. EVERYTHING he owned (eyeglasses, sunglasses, watch, wallet, belt, shoes, shirts, phone cover/case, hats - you name it) had a Harley logo. He even bought a HD edition Ford truck. He also bragged about his brother who was some sort of airbrush artist that did work on some bikes for some chapter of HA in BC. He was always saying his brother had connections if he ever needed help on the sly.....(this was after I did stuff to piss him off). I'd answer by telling him I knew people involved in Asian gangs.

Graham_A_M
06-23-2014, 09:06 PM

Ummm..... wow. I do it for the comradeship of loving bikes, and the beautiful open roads that make them so enjoyable. In my 25 years of riding? I frequently dont need both hands on the bars, (which is why I wave) I just love the saying hi, to some one else, on the same road as you, experiencing the same great feelings you are. Like..... why you find this remotely offensive blows my mind but...... okay. :nut: :nut:
In ALL my years riding, I can fill a decent sized room with random people I've met, from us both owning bikes. Some of them today have become life long friends.
And that to me? is incredible. Like I wouldn't trade the friendships Ive made through bikes for anything at all, Its just irreplaceable, all the girls & guys I've met, its been an amazing journey that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I dont wave to Harley riders though, most of them are absolute pieces of shit that I want to give impromptu tours of the underside of my truck. When one waves (which is seriously rare) I wave back, but....

To me? the biggest douches are

1-4 GSXR owners, most of them just scream squid.
5-10 Anybody on a POS Harley.

Everybody else is seriously cool. Even Gixxer riders are decently friendly, but still squids for the most part. Ive only met a handful of Gixxer riders that aren't squids.

bjstare
06-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Well I'm no squid, but I did just sell my gixxer on Sunday haha.

To be honest, if I was buying another japanese supersport, I'd probably get a GSXR750 again (assuming I didn't want to spend the money on a Duc). I've had 600's and 1000's before, and the 750 is just a real nice middle ground.

Dumbass17
06-24-2014, 07:56 AM
when I had my GSXR, i liked to wave over the top. instead of doing the simple one handed subtle gesture. I'd sometimes take both arms and wave them frantically above my head like the Y from YMCA, just for shits and giggles

16hypen3sp
06-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Kind of funny how I was contemplating renting a Harley one of these days off and we had this discussion over how douchey they are.

Oh well, I'm probably still going to... Just because I can.

khanan
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I'll just leave this here lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

16hypen3sp
06-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Well... I'm doing it!

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10417827_10152324440328052_1369921710487870812_n.jpg

tirebob
06-26-2014, 02:09 PM
For me it is the Harley riders who are normal, everyday guys, yet they feel the need to wear everything Harley Davidson every single time they ride their bike wearing a look on their face that they are some sort of hardcore biker badass... I mean really... Do you need to wear your Harley jacket over your Harley t-shirt with your Harley jeans held up by your Harley belt with your Harley chaps over your Harley boots wearing your Harley helmet on your Harley bandanna'd head...

Seriously??? You mean your bike isn't obvious enough that you need to roll around like a giant wannabe billboard to prove your badassness?

Sometimes I just want to go up and ask "Excuse me sir... That is a pretty sweet ride yo! What brand is it?" just to see their reaction... :banghead:

Mista Bob
06-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

Sometimes I just want to go up and ask "Excuse me sir... That is a pretty sweet ride yo! What brand is it?" just to see their reaction... :banghead:

Ask them what year their Honda is, that will get their blood boiling. :rofl:

e31
06-26-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't particularly like Harleys because I've been spoiled by riding a KTM V-twin; That's not to say I haven't met nice people riding Harleys.

I motioned "cops ahead" to a couple riding two-up, and later on in the day they ended up buying our group a couple pitchers of beer.

GotRice?
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
It would be nice if the hardcore Harley guys waved back at me once in a while.

Call me a dbag for not waving but I just stopped waving to those harley and touring bike guys all together. I've been left hanging way too many times!

16hypen3sp
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by GotRice?

Call me a dbag for not waving but I just stopped waving to those harley and touring bike guys all together. I've been left hanging way too many times!

Haha. I rode that Harley around for a day and got waved at by mostly cruisers and touring. No sportbike riders. Hop on my CBR and only waves from sportbike riders.

I've been left hanging too but now I just wave at everyone I see.

rizfarmer
09-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Haha good thread.

50% agree with you.....

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Ummm..... wow. I do it for the comradeship of loving bikes, and the beautiful open roads that make them so enjoyable. In my 25 years of riding? I frequently dont need both hands on the bars, (which is why I wave) I just love the saying hi, to some one else, on the same road as you, experiencing the same great feelings you are. Like..... why you find this remotely offensive blows my mind but...... okay. :nut: :nut:
In ALL my years riding, I can fill a decent sized room with random people I've met, from us both owning bikes. Some of them today have become life long friends.
And that to me? is incredible. Like I wouldn't trade the friendships Ive made through bikes for anything at all, Its just irreplaceable, all the girls & guys I've met, its been an amazing journey that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I dont wave to Harley riders though, most of them are absolute pieces of shit that I want to give impromptu tours of the underside of my truck. When one waves (which is seriously rare) I wave back, but....

To me? the biggest douches are

1-4 GSXR owners, most of them just scream squid.
5-10 Anybody on a POS Harley.

Everybody else is seriously cool. Even Gixxer riders are decently friendly, but still squids for the most part. Ive only met a handful of Gixxer riders that aren't squids.

.... And 50% agree with you to

rizfarmer
09-21-2014, 10:24 PM
1. Anyone not wearing at least a basic amount of protective gear
2. Harley dbag w/straight pipes doing fly-by's on 17th
3. 600cc fag with slip-on pipe wearing skate shoes/wife beater cruising McLeod in 1st gear