PDA

View Full Version : Dad and Daughter Chase Down Burglars in Audi

xnvy
06-23-2014, 04:49 PM
DczpeZOK3J8

Seems like a decent family activity. Minus the collision at the end.

Article here at Truck Yeah! (http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/dad-has-no-regrets-letting-his-daughter-go-vigilante-on-1594838006/+travis)

ercchry
06-23-2014, 04:52 PM
and here i thought dr. dre was the most gangster doctor out there :bigpimp:

Darell_n
06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
This was in Texas and didn't result in a massive gun battle after the 1st crash? Them Texans are getting soft.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Absolutely stupid but I'm not surrounded by crime so I have a different perspective.

I'm glad CPS doesn't chase after F350's and hope we keep the policy to let the idiots get away rather than risk hurting innocents or idiot vigilantes.

Stealth22
06-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Absolutely stupid but I'm not surrounded by crime so I have a different perspective.

I'm glad CPS doesn't chase after F350's and hope we keep the policy to let the idiots get away rather than risk hurting innocents or idiot vigilantes.

No kidding. In this case, they were chasing a couple of burglars, so they knew that there was danger involved and what they were possibly getting into.

But even if its something as simple as a car accident, best thing is to just let the police handle it. I was hit by a woman in an old Altima back in March, and she drove off like nothing happened. I pursued, at low speeds (she drove off normally, like she was on a Sunday drive), intending to break off if it got unsafe. Obviously, as soon as I was on the phone with 911, the operator told me to give her a description and the license plate, and then pull over immediately.

Long story short, she was eventually caught by the police. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have followed. But we never broke any traffic laws, and never went above 50 kph. And my doing so resulted in the police catching the driver.

IMO, if you have to do this, just get enough info like a license plate and description, and let the police handle it. There's a reason why they don't pursue vehicles, at least when it comes to the Calgary Police. So there's no reason for any untrained Joe Average to get into a vehicle pursuit. Especially if the person you're chasing might be armed.

n1zm0
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I should install my dashcam :/

egmilano
06-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
and here i thought dr. dre was the most gangster doctor out there :bigpimp:

WHATRE YOU TRYING TO SAY huh is it because he's black.
Jk lol I wouldn't be fucking with a f350 in an Audi though.
Maybe follow it for a bit but thats it. I'm not gangster I guess

Stealth22
06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
I should install my dashcam :/
You'll laugh at this. I have one...but it wasn't plugged in during my above-mentioned hit and run accident. :cry: