PDA

View Full Version : Telus Mobility call forwarding how to? (CDMA)

thetransporter
06-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Telus Mobility call forwarding how to? (CDMA)
I checked telusmobility, howard forums. but its not longer revelant for CDMA

Does anyone know how ?

tried (use to work from 1995-2010): *72#4031234567 (message: Please ensure you are entering area code that you are forwarding to)

tried: *72#14031234567# (message: Please ensure you are entering area code that you are forwarding to)
(edit and *72 was tried)
and the same for *92 etc

*21*

the same..

Spending hours and hours on the phone with TELUS no one is understanding .. and yes the feature is on the account they removed it on and off..

roopi
06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
They still support CDMA phones? :confused:

spikerS
06-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
Telus Mobility call forwarding how to? (CDMA)
I checked telusmobility, howard forums. but its not longer revelant for CDMA

Does anyone know how ?

tried (use to work from 1995-2010): *72#4031234567 (message: Please ensure you are entering area code that you are forwarding to)

tried: *72#14031234567# (message: Please ensure you are entering area code that you are forwarding to)

and the same for *92 etc

*21*

the same..

Spending hours and hours on the phone with TELUS no one is understanding .. and yes the feature is on the account they removed it on and off..

next time, do it right.

For CDMA it is *72+10 digit number+send

And yes, CDMA is slowly being turned down. This time next year it won't work at all.

thetransporter
06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

next time, do it right.

For CDMA it is *72+10 digit number+send

And yes, CDMA is slowly being turned down. This time next year it won't work at all.

yes that's what am doing.............. thanks for the message still the same error.

I have to use CDMA because for work we go to remote regions and HSPA is not getting service even with a 3 Watt booster. Next year when they shut down the service I will look into a HSPA

spikerS
06-25-2014, 11:03 PM
if you are dialing *724031234567 and then pressing send, and it still isn't working, you don't have it on your account.

I would suggest calling 611, but they are closed for the day now.

thetransporter
06-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
if you are dialing *724031234567 and then pressing send, and it still isn't working, you don't have it on your account.

I would suggest calling 611, but they are closed for the day now.

Thanks , they re-added- and added.
finally someone in Edmonton said there is a problem and they are building a code to put "in the switch" custom to my account .

As for CDMA the gentleman said it may be a bit longer than 2015 for the shutdown.

Mar
06-26-2014, 12:50 AM
You didn't specify if you actually tried it without the # key or not. And also you only hit SEND after you dial all the numbers, not before. Also, most importantly, this feature will only work if you are on a Telus tower. If you're picking up a tower on another network, you'll be on their switch which will not recognize your feature set. For instance, you can't do call forwarding while in the USA.

A side note for anyone else on Telus, you can modify the number of rings your phone does before voicemail. The default is 3 rings and it's 6 seconds per ring so 18 seconds. I always preferred 4 rings (24 seconds) and the maximum you can do is 10 rings (60 seconds).

*94X SEND
X = number of rings

This only works on Telus phones while on Telus towers.

thetransporter
06-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Mar
You didn't specify if you actually tried it without the # key or not. And also you only hit SEND after you dial all the numbers, not before. Also, most importantly, this feature will only work if you are on a Telus tower. If you're picking up a tower on another network, you'll be on their switch which will not recognize your feature set. For instance, you can't do call forwarding while in the USA.

A side note for anyone else on Telus, you can modify the number of rings your phone does before voicemail. The default is 3 rings and it's 6 seconds per ring so 18 seconds. I always preferred 4 rings (24 seconds) and the maximum you can do is 10 rings (60 seconds).

*94X SEND
X = number of rings

This only works on Telus phones while on Telus towers.

Thank you for the 94 info,

I did edit to say I did try the 72 code, and yes with and without #

tried 62, 72, 22, 21,
with and without pounds before and after
every possible combination
I ensured I was on TELUS 16384 CDMA ID

But as I posted TELUS Said the problem is with them after hours of talking to Overseas reps

I have been using *72#4031234567 until a few years ago..... and with my some of Autistic traits I seem to remember a little too much