PDA

View Full Version : Better Ford Dealer for service...Metro or Crowfoot?

CapnCrunch
06-30-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm going to bring my truck in for a service and I'm wondering if one of these 2 dealerships has a better service department?

I need to get a regular service done and have someone look at a random paint bubble on the tailgate.

I'm sure there are some horror stories on Beyond.

GQBalla
06-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Reviews at Crowfoot Ford are not great.

Beyond and personal friend stories.

CapnCrunch
06-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Reviews at Crowfoot Ford are not great.

Beyond and personal friend stories.

Damn, and it's right across the street from Bon Ton's too.

spikerS
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
yeah, Northstar ford service sucks.

I think I have gone to every Ford service center in the north end of calgary, and Cam Clark in Airdrie, and they have all sucked.

I am still looking for a Ford service center that can do something right the first time.

GQBalla
06-30-2014, 08:42 AM
i don't understand how they stay in business, with radio commericals by the owner....sounds like the generalization of sleazy car salesmen.

CapnCrunch
06-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Metro Ford it is. Thanks dudes.

eglove
06-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Metro ford is pretty bad too

CapnCrunch
06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by eglove
Metro ford is pretty bad too

I'll be sure to update this if I have a bad experience. It doesn't seem like there are many good Ford dealerships around town at all.

Cos
06-30-2014, 06:07 PM

lint
05-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Bumping this up. Had some work done on my Flex at Metro on Friday. Never received a call that my car was ready for pickup. After following up this week service advisor lied about what he told me. Will not be going back.

riander5
05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
I have gone to metro ford for 3/4 services and northstar for one. Northstar was more communicative and WAAAYYY more friendly. The reason i tried them out in the first place is they had way better availability.

If it came down to it... if you work downtown metro is fine. If location was not an issue id probably give northstar another shot.

JustinMCS
05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Metro is bad for service. Buying from them was ok but we got a lemon and service is horrendous. Multiple stores if anyone wants me to elaborate. '14 Escape Ti.

ExtraSlow
05-21-2015, 01:52 PM
The parts guys at Metro were helpful when I bought my vacuum pump, but I haven't had any dealership service on my truck for a couple of years. I hate dealership service departments.

Waldi
05-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
The parts guys at Metro were helpful when I bought my vacuum pump, but I haven't had any dealership service on my truck for a couple of years. I hate dealership service departments.

yeah, I found part at Metro to be very good, save me some serious money, but heard horrid stories from service side, especially when women was taking car for service.

ShermanEF9
05-21-2015, 06:14 PM
I bought my truck from metro. I would not touch their service department with a 30 foot pole.

come south. Advantage or Woodridge (same owner) great service.

schurchill39
05-23-2015, 06:31 PM
I bought my truck from Metro and the service was meh. Not great but not bad.

I work downtown so they are the best option for me to go for service work but they communication definitely blows. I dropped my truck off at 6am for an oil change and fix some 3M. By 2pm I had not received a call to pick it up so I called them. They said it just got in the shop now. Called at 3:30 as I had an appointment at 4 and they said it was still getting worked on so I walked over there. I work a few blocks away so it was all of 5 minutes. My truck was in the yard finished but when I went inside to talk to the service adviser and cashier they said it was still being worked on and asked why I had come if I didn't get called. When I told them it was in their yard they seemed confused and took 20 minutes to get my truck.

All in all I am not happy with their quality of customer service but I don't have anything to say about their work. I think the prices are fair (so far).

max_boost
05-23-2015, 06:50 PM
I didn't think the day would come where I would be a Ford owner but I am!

They are simple vehicles other than warranty related things any independent shop can work on them?! :dunno:

heavyD
05-23-2015, 11:55 PM
Cam Clark Ford is one of the better dealerships of any brand in the Calgary area but the location isn't ideal for city folk getting service which means you have to roll the dice with the Calgary dealerships that can be hit and miss.

bulaian
05-24-2015, 11:00 AM
I bought my Ford in 2012 at Northstar and have brought it there for servicing multiple times and have had no issues.

ICEBERG
05-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Cam Clark Ford is one of the better dealerships of any brand in the Calgary area but the location isn't ideal for city folk getting service which means you have to roll the dice with the Calgary dealerships that can be hit and miss.

+1

Never had a problem with Cam Clark. I been going there for the past 20+ years now.

prae
06-01-2015, 12:02 PM
I haven't had much more complicated than an oil change done at Northstar but so far their service department has been fine.

Disoblige
10-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Skip forward to 2016.

Where would you bring your car to service your Ford?

I'm probably going to do everything myself if there is no first hand experience of a good tech in Southern Alberta.

I was hoping to bring it to a shop who could perhaps give me the new software update as well as enable Global Windows in IDS. Plus I'm supposed to get a free alignment, but honestly could make things worse if it's a crappy dealership.

The dealer I bought my car from didn't know how to do any of that stuff :rofl:

ShermanEF9
10-11-2016, 09:23 PM
I still bring my stuff to advantage. i've had some pretty shit work done in the past, but they have always stood up and fixed it.

killramos
10-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Been using Universal for my mustang for a few years. Haven't had any problems and were always priced reasonably.

My brother bought and services his F150 there as well. No complaints aside from the F150 being kind of a piece and always breaking for some reason or another to begin with. Not the dealers fault.

riander5
10-11-2016, 09:47 PM
You own a mustang^

I preferred north star over metro big time. It was cheaper and way better communication. Split all the services on my mustang before I sold it 2 at metro 2 at north star.

Norhstar also did the body shop work after my car got hit and did a decent job. Panels made wind lie after and they fixed it no bs no questions which is always nice when someone doesn't do it right the first time

r3ccOs
10-15-2016, 12:07 PM
Complaining about service at 2 dealerships adversely on beyond; resulted in mistreatment and threats by the manager of the one dealer... apparently for for slander and defamation...

For me Woodridge hands down... they don't try to tell me to do an alignment with every oil change, they give me good advise... shuttle service is good and they are open late.

I've heard that Cam Clark and Maclin are also good.

Advantage being part of the ownership group as Woodridge, well lets say has its differences.

Zero102
10-21-2016, 10:36 AM
I have only visited crowfoot for parts but stepping into that dealership did not fill me with confidence. There is a certain attitude around the place that made me unhappy to be there at all. I would never take my focus there to have any work done.

We bought a car from Woodridge ford a couple years ago and they were excellent to deal with. I'm way up in Royal Oak but I would drive down there if I ever need a Ford dealer.

killramos
10-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by riander5
You own a mustang^

It's my wife's but yes, she has had it for almost 10 years now.

Gratuitous convertible, V6, horrible car. I would like to eventually replace it with a new GT but the GT verts are crack money. Thinking maybe just replace it with an "older" GT500 vert in the couple years to at least get something novel for the money.

One thing it is is reliable though. Only thing it has even needed replacing is tires.

On the note of kudos to Universal for service, one thing that impresses me is how much BS they put up with from my brother.

Replaced 3 batteries in his truck and had it in for 8 weeks for electrical diagnosis giving him some pretty nice loaner cars each time even though he was fucking around with the electrical in it installing chips, drones, starters, stupid keep calm chive on lights etc. :nut:

suntan
10-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Northstar is populated with morons. Couldn't figure out parts for my Fiesta (apparently typing in VIN #s is too hard) and last the fuckface I dealt with there left my coolant lid open.