PDA

View Full Version : Interprovincial Inspections

tpurcell4
07-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Good evening,

I have a friend looking to bring his truck here from Quebec and is looking for a good company to complete the interprovincial inspection. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Todd

avishal26
07-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I think you mean an OOP - Out of Province Inspection. Most shops will do that. If your friend is confident that the truck is in good shape - it probably doesn't matter where you take it as long as it is not a 'mom n' pop's' shop.

I took my Infiniti to Fish Creek Nissan back in the day for an OOP and they were very nice and found nothing wrong (there was nothing to find really). I paid $200 though... not sure if there are other places that do it for cheaper. I have heard some places do it for $140 ish?

tpurcell4
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you! I'll pass along the info!

E46..sTyLez
07-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Quick question if anyone knows...

I don't feel like it warrants a new thread, but I am selling my car to a guy in SK and I believe in full disclosure/karma so I want to give the guy as much info as I can.

My car has a custom exhaust with no cat, is this going to pass OOP? I'm giving him the stock exhaust with the sale, so he'll be ok, just looking to give him the proper info.

I'm assuming it will NOT pass, anyone know for sure?

wishicouldwrench
07-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

I don't feel like it warrants a new thread, but I am selling my car to a guy in SK and I believe in full disclosure/karma so I want to give the guy as much info as I can.

My car has a custom exhaust with no cat, is this going to pass OOP? I'm giving him the stock exhaust with the sale, so he'll be ok, just looking to give him the proper info.

The problem is that there really is no way to be sure. While the inspection manual is usually pretty black and white, techs will sometimes let things slide.

The rules do say that modifications that increase exhaust noise are not allowed. However, some of the techs I've spoken with only care about the safety of the vehicle. If the exhaust doesn't leak and is securely attached, then some techs wont fail a vehicle with aftermarket exhaust because the exhaust poses no risk to safety.

pheoxs
07-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

Depends on the shop. If you take it to the dealer or Canadian tire they may fail it. If he posts up on a car forum and ask who is reasonable for OOP and finds a shop there he will probably pass.

If you're giving him the stock exhaust I wouldn't worry. He can figure that out.

DeleriousZ
07-18-2014, 09:26 AM
If you go to places that are high performance shops for OOPI's, they're generally more inclined to let modifications pass because they're more familiar with how they affect the car.