PDA

View Full Version : Scuff Marks on Door Panels

Code.Nightmare
03-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah .. I have like scuff marks on my door panels .. because people open the door and at the sametime scraping there damn feet on the door panel when they're getting out ... I cringe everytime I hear that scraping sound against the door panel now :eek:

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to remove them ???

EK 2.0
03-02-2004, 11:50 PM
What part of the door??...

if its a metal part WD-40 works wonders spray a lil onto a rang and scrub off...

Code.Nightmare
03-03-2004, 12:04 AM
the vinyl part ... I dunno what u mean by the metal part ... lol dont bash me for being a newbie .. im only 17 :D

nismodrifter
03-03-2004, 01:44 AM
are you talking about the plastic piece that you probably have on the interior (more commonly known as door sill.......)???

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/mySLK32AMG/2002-12-05%20Lighted%20AMG%20Door%20Sills%2003.JPG

^that part???

if they keep scrapin their feet on it just slap them :guns: I can't stand people who do that either, usually the scuff marks will just "disappear" with a wet rag if you have plastic sills but if they REALLY scrape that shit hard then you've got permanent marks as the plastic is damaged (would probably have to be purposely trying to wreck them to cause that kinda damage...)

method
03-03-2004, 02:24 AM
I think he means the door panels themselves... I hate when that happens :(

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Code.Nightmare
the vinyl part ... I dunno what u mean by the metal part ... lol dont bash me for being a newbie .. im only 17 :D

Ohhhhhh Ok...listen do this head down to a parts store, and pick up a vinyl cleaner and some Armor All...use the cleaner and then finish off with some Armor all, the Armor All will condition the vinyl, AND prevent more scuffs from setting in...

Hope that helps you man...

missblondie
03-03-2004, 02:02 PM
if you go to detailing shops, they actually have little pens that are meant specifically for those scuffs... i am not sure if they will sell them to you, but i know they use them, cuz i used to work at one. They basically just cover up the white mark it leaves

Code.Nightmare
03-03-2004, 03:32 PM
are you talking about the plastic piece that you probably have on the interior (more commonly known as door sill.......)???

Na I meant the actual door panel not the sills ...

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Ohhhhhh Ok...listen do this head down to a parts store, and pick up a vinyl cleaner and some Armor All...use the cleaner and then finish off with some Armor all, the Armor All will condition the vinyl, AND prevent more scuffs from setting in...

Hope that helps you man...

I'll try and give that a shot ... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by acuraxx
[B]

if you go to detailing shops, they actually have little pens that are meant specifically for those scuffs... i am not sure if they will sell them to you, but i know they use them, cuz i used to work at one. They basically just cover up the white mark it leaves

I''ll do this if the first suggestion doesnt work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .... Thanks for the help ... id really appriciate it if anyone else has any suggestions ... Thanks again guys !

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Its what most of us are here for man...