PDA

View Full Version : Get up to $150 free from Tangerine bank

EK69
07-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Open a new bank acct at Tangerine (used to be ING direct) and u get $50 each for 3 things:

1) new chequing acct with minimum $250 no fees
2) new savings acct with minimum $250 1.3% interest normally, 2.5% until July 31 (has been going on a few months according yo RFD so they might extend again?)
3) switch ur payroll direct deposit to tangerine chequing.

I just opened an acct last week cuz I wanted to switch banks anyways. Bonus is no fees and no minimum balance. Also tangerine is now owned by Scotia bank so u can use their machines fee free.

If u use someones orange key u both get $25 extra I think too.

I was gonna switch to PC financial since everyone on RFD seems to love it lol but this bank offered free moniez :D :clap:

If u wanna use my orange key it is 41993827S1
If u use it let me know we both get $25

btimbit
07-14-2014, 06:01 PM
They've been doing this for a while, I actually just left Tangerine. While shopping around I noticed some other offers.

Right now at TD if you open an account, and do two of the following

one direct deposit
one pre-authorized debit
one online bill payment using EasyWeb® Internet banking (including the TD mobile app)

They send you a free Samsung Galaxy Tab4 8.0 ($250 value)

Or if you go to BMO, they have a similar offer where you can get a total of $300.

Of course with these two banks there's monthly fees but I find the convenience worth it. Tangerine is okay but not as your main account.

EK69
07-14-2014, 07:00 PM
My main account is with RBC (joint) and I was with BMO so can't do their offer. I saw the TD one but would once again be stuck with monthly fees and minimum balance. For a secondary account this made more sense. No minimums no fees and higher interest rates for TFSA plus $150

Plus the mutual funds tangerine has seem to be doing pretty good so I'll probably do my TFSA investing with them to. The extra chequing account is basically just for the extra $50 lol plus I used someone's orange key for an extra $25 too

J-D
07-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I use RBC for my regular banking and then hold a couple months savings in my Tangerine account. It's pretty cool but I would never use it as a primary account.

jwslam
07-14-2014, 10:05 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/376049/earn-up-to-150-for-opening-a-thrive-chequing-account-with-ing-direct/

ExtremeSi
07-15-2014, 12:49 PM
If anyone needs an Orange Key: 39323578S1 :D