PDA

View Full Version : Some idiot thought it was a race....

Chrisw
03-03-2004, 01:22 AM
So I was driving along on saterday night (right ny the airport) and some guy in a red two door (never bothered to remember look at the type of the car and cant remember now) was driving in front of me. For no reason he drops the gas, and accelerates as fast as he can toward a car about 30 feet infront of him, than changes lanes and and goes around him. So naturaly I follow, but only reving my car to about 4K max. Well when I pull up beside him, not thinging anything of it I just look over at his car like I usually do when I go past a car and I want to see the driver (figured he was a young kid). Well I was right, he looked to be about my age (20) and was pointing and laughing at me like he had "won the race". Now before someone posts the stupid post of "maybe he was just laughing at your looks"...:( .....He was mouthing the words too. This just made me laugh, he was driving some crappy car with a fart can exhaust, thougth he had just won a street race. Some kids...:rofl:

girlRACER
03-03-2004, 02:36 AM
One time on my way to school, a 91 Accord cut-off 2 cars in front of me almost causing an accident. When I pulled up to him at a light to look over, he gave me the thumbs-up and mouthed words to me as if he had won the race. I didn't even know it was a race :confused:

Chris, a lot of people sure do a lot of weird unexplainable things on the road :nut:

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 02:50 AM
You should have pulled around him and smoked by him right there:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
You should have pulled around him and smoked by him right there:thumbsup:

Hmmmm, and that would have proved what??

In turn it may have made the situation worse, maybe Chris does have the faster car, but the punk kid would only try to go faster, until someone gets hurt...

BigShow
03-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Why would you waste your energy to post about that?

Kaos
03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
Why would you waste your energy to post about that? :werd:

This one time at band camp.......:whocares:

JAYMEZ
03-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh well at least you dont have people trying to race you in a play ground zone lol

TofuBoi
03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
It would of been a waste of gas.........

ZorroAMG
03-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Your 320 is not going to be faster than many cars, so maybe you DID lose..LOL

SoSlowDx
03-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kaos
:werd:

This one time at band camp.......:whocares:

:rofl:

Chrisw
03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Your 320 is not going to be faster than many cars, so maybe you DID lose..LOL

:rofl: ...she fast if she's driven right. The way the BMW engine is designed it's easy to get a lot of spped out of her as long as you know what your doing with the clutch and stick:thumbsup:

sml
03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Chrisw

:rofl: ...she fast if she's driven right. The way the BMW engine is designed it's easy to get a lot of spped out of her as long as you know what your doing with the clutch and stick:thumbsup:

Maybe against a civic DX!!! :rolleyes: I highly doubt that the 320 can even take on an SI... :rofl:

sputnik
03-03-2004, 01:43 PM
she fast if she's driven right. The way the BMW engine is designed it's easy to get a lot of spped out of her as long as you know what your doing with the clutch and stick:thumbsup:

driven right? slow cars are still slow cars.

the 320's (and 318'ss) were made for people that want to be able to say "i drive a bimmer" - thats it. i could find dozens of better ways to spend $35k

ScCab
03-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sml

Maybe against a civic DX!!! :rolleyes: I highly doubt that the 320 can even take on an SI... :rofl:
what do you know about 320????

ZorroAMG
03-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Now now, i wasn't trying to start a flame war against his econo-bimmer...;) jk

Chrisw
03-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

driven right? slow cars are still slow cars.

the 320's (and 318'ss) were made for people that want to be able to say "i drive a bimmer" - thats it.

Spoken like a true ricer....:rofl: .....actually believe it or not...most races are won and lost because of the driver not the car. For exampple check out that TDI golf from Newveedub (dont remember the guys name, sorry) His car is not amaizingly fast, but the guy can drive like a savage, and THAT MAKES him fast.

rice_eater
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
how much faster can you shift and how much higher can you rev your engine in order to make your car faster? that's right, in a straight line you don't need too much skill so even if you had it it doesn't do much good.

Ben
03-03-2004, 02:29 PM

Spoken like a true ricer....:rofl: .....actually believe it or not...most races are won and lost because of the driver not the car. For exampple check out that TDI golf from Newveedub (dont remember the guys name, sorry) His car is not amaizingly fast, but the guy can drive like a savage, and THAT MAKES him fast.

Hey man, I like the look of your car and all, but its NOT A FAST CAR. even if you think it's fast by how you shift and stuff, its not. My 87 VW would walk all over you after first gear alone. Not being an ass, just saying the truth.

rc2002
03-03-2004, 02:31 PM
:werd: It couldn't have been anything special if you can't even remember what kind of car it was...

ZorroAMG
03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Ben speaks the truth....walkie walkie....

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 02:46 PM

When you head down to Race City this season please let me know so I can make some money off of you, by betting on the other guy...

I am glad I only bought a Talon, cause if i spent the scrilla to get the FD RX7 and a DX Civic was kicking my ass cause he shifted faster I would be pissed Bro...

*EDIT* Spell German and BUMP...in your sig correctly...Thanks man...

Chrisw
03-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Hey man, I like the look of your car and all, but its NOT A FAST CAR. even if you think it's fast by how you shift and stuff, its not. My 87 VW would walk all over you after first gear alone. Not being an ass, just saying the truth.

for sure. I know my car isnt fast. and you could probably take me ("probably" since I've never seen your can and dont know what you've done it it. I could probably take it if it's stock..haha) but some morons just cant drive, even if their car is fast. Knowing how to drive a car makes a differnce. That's all I'm saying....I'm not even sayiong that I'm GREAT at it...since I've only been driving stick for two years.....

Ben
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah, knowing how to drive cam make a huge difference, but unless you're doing drag style launches and powershifts at every light (stretracing like a tool) it shouldn't matter :)

Being a good street driver is one thing, being a good track driver is completely different, where thenths and hudredth of a second matter.

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Wait, I HAVE to do this now...

"Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...It's a good thing you didnt blow the welds on the intake..."

Sorry Guys...:D

ZorroAMG
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
"DANGER DUE TO MANIFOLD!!"

EK 2.0
03-03-2004, 03:34 PM
"DANGER DUE TO MANIFOLD!!"

No, Zorro, it's "WARNING, DANGER TO MANIFOLD"...

I mean I have never seen the movie I dont know what you are talking about...

method
03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
only if your diamond-plating floor falls out. :clap:

bart
03-03-2004, 07:55 PM

lol, :thumbsup:

have we met? your comment seems to agree with my sig. :D

Chrisw
03-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm colin's younger brother....so I've just heard the stories.....:thumbsup:

bart
03-03-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm colin younger brother....so I've just heard the stories.....:thumbsup:

lol, well those are one thing. but ya, i agree that its mostly driver, solo2 anyway. just depends on how far you wanna push it, i have to make sure i stop running into walls there... ahaha.

2fast4u
03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CycloneAWD
[B]Wait, I HAVE to do this now...

"Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...It's a good thing you didnt blow the welds on the intake..."

I live my life a quarter mile at a time......:banghead:

2fast4u
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
So how come you bought the 320??

cappachihngo
03-04-2004, 02:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Kaos
03-04-2004, 10:38 AM
I remember my sister dropped off her 540i at the bimmer dealership for a tune-up and they GAVE US A 320 as a rental!!!!!

Now thats a real car to give us. :rolleyes:

IMO, I drove a 320 before and it was'nt as fun as driving my Civic Si but I sure liked to bag the shit out of the rental :thumbsup:

Chrisw
03-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 2fast4u
So how come you bought the 320??

Well I got it because it was what I'd always wanted. I wouldnt be caught dead in a civic or any other crap import car (no offence to those with civic's). Imports can be tuned to be fast, but at the end of the day it's still a honda, which is not made to be a sports car, so you can only take it so far. Eventually I plan to do a ton this car (maybe even engine swap when it gets older, who knows). But in the mean time, my car handles sweet and its a wicked car. I also wanted a coupe but knew that a sedan would suit my life sytle better.

Chrisw
03-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I remember my sister dropped off her 540i at the bimmer dealership for a tune-up and they GAVE US A 320 as a rental!!!!!

Now thats a real car to give us. :rolleyes:

IMO, I drove a 320 before and it was'nt as fun as driving my Civic Si but I sure liked to bag the shit out of the rental :thumbsup:

Was it an auto 320i? My dad dropped off his 540 too and they gave him that. I drove it for one day (didnt put the miles on my car) and I was really disapointed. Dont know why, but it felt like crap driving it in an auto......:dunno:

SI-vic
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I bet it was a Civic too....
damn them civic 's

oh and im being serious too

ninjak84
03-04-2004, 05:38 PM
IMO, I drove a 320 before and it was'nt as fun as driving my Civic Si

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, I know what you mean. I drove a Rolls Royce once, but somehow it just didn't have that "Pontiac Firefly" feel to it. Honestly, some of the shit you guys write about the 320i is just written to make you feel better about what you drive.

Try not to be TOO jealous about what this guy drives.
Oh wait, too late :rolleyes:

Kaos
03-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, I know what you mean. I drove a Rolls Royce once, but somehow it just didn't have that "Pontiac Firefly" feel to it. Honestly, some of the shit you guys write about the 320i is just written to make you feel better about what you drive.

Try not to be TOO jealous about what this guy drives.
Oh wait, too late :rolleyes:

So I take it your "S13" drives like a pontiac firefly then.

I think you should clean off your nose, theres some brown on it.

Inthered
03-04-2004, 09:06 PM

Well I got it because it was what I'd always wanted. I wouldnt be caught dead in a civic or any other crap import car (no offence to those with civic's). Imports can be tuned to be fast, but at the end of the day it's still a honda, which is not made to be a sports car, so you can only take it so far. Eventually I plan to do a ton this car (maybe even engine swap when it gets older, who knows). But in the mean time, my car handles sweet and its a wicked car. I also wanted a coupe but knew that a sedan would suit my life sytle better.

You're a tool, just trying to justify driving a slow "european=import" car.

Inthered
03-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Ben speaks the truth....walkie walkie....

:werd:

Marsh
03-04-2004, 09:09 PM

:werd: my bud has a stock civic but can shift flawlessly and surprise most ppl out there

XylathaneGTR
03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
wow...this thread sure crapped the bed...
Some funny stuff tho...If he wants to drive a BMW, even if it isn't the fastest thing out there...who gives a shit. Ben, theres also cars on here that could walk all over yours out of first gear, and same goes for most other people on the forum.

I'll just stick to City Transit for now.

Hakkola
03-04-2004, 10:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with loving a BMW, even a BMW 320. It's the false illusion that all BMW's are super fast untouchable cars no matter what model that bothers a lot of us.

The fact of the matter is the BMW 320 is snail slow. It's a good car, but not quick by any stretch of the imagination.

dream_out_loud
03-05-2004, 12:09 PM
I would drive his BMW - but not before I drive my moms S60 R :love:

Chrisw
03-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Inthered

You're a tool, just trying to justify driving a slow "european=import" car.

I'm a tool? In your own words, you drive to " 2 Hatchcraps". If I had that I wouldnt attempt to make fun of anyones car. If I wanted to be some dork in a "F & F" civic, could have bought one for the money I spent on my 320i, but some reason I didnt want to be every other young guy who "thinks" that just because he puts exhause and stickers on a crap car it makes it a race car.

Chrisw
03-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, I know what you mean. I drove a Rolls Royce once, but somehow it just didn't have that "Pontiac Firefly" feel to it.

:rofl: :werd:

Ben
03-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Okay, enough of the Bimmer Bashin.

liquid1010
03-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I just find it Ironic that the people who drive the crappiest cars, have the biggest mouth's when it comes to talking bad about others cars. Who cares if it's fast or not....... LET IT GO..:rolleyes:

Inthered
03-07-2004, 03:14 PM
funny thing is both of my "hatchcraps" could blaze your car and I don't have stickers on my cars. You're trying to justify having a slow car by saying it's a BMW, whooptyfuckingdo! I would rather drive a car that's half the price or less than yours and blaze you whenever I wanted to. Tell mommy and daddy to buy you a real fucking BMW.

Chester
03-07-2004, 06:57 PM
why exactly are some of you guys bashing him? He never said his car was fast.

Akagi Redsuns
03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Chester
why exactly are some of you guys bashing him? He never said his car was fast.

He did say this though...and it was in refrence to a 320.

Chrisw
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Inthered
funny thing is both of my "hatchcraps" could blaze your car and I don't have stickers on my cars. You're trying to justify having a slow car by saying it's a BMW, whooptyfuckingdo! I would rather drive a car that's half the price or less than yours and blaze you whenever I wanted to. Tell mommy and daddy to buy you a real fucking BMW.

first of all.."tell mommy and daddy to buy me a real BMW"? First off, your right on the assumtion that my parents got me the car (for getting into U of C), but what would you do if YOUR parents did that? Toss that keys back and say " no thanks dad. I'll drive my hatchcrap." That's right you wouldnt. Second of all, my 320i was as much as my parents could spend, and I'm thrilled to have it. Any other BMW either costs too much or has tons of Klm's. Sure my car isnt fast but I've been a BMW fanatic ever since my dad got his first one. So I guess you can say I got the car because I wanted a BMW, but not for the reasons you think. I wanted a BMW cause I've loved them forever, not cause of the chicks who talk to you (who by the way are usually dirty and ugly anyways).
I'm glad you'd rather dirve your car.....because I wouldnt.....:rofl:

Chrisw
03-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

He did say this though...and it was in refrence to a 320.

What I ment was my car is "Faster"...not "fast".

Ben
03-07-2004, 10:14 PM
And noone can play nice.