PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Waterski - Wakeboard thread

asp integra
07-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Well I am sure a few of you have been out already this year. Im heading out to the okanagan here in a few days and cant wait to get on the water. Looking forward to getting back on the slalom ski. Also will be there for a buddies stag where we have a big wake boat rented for a few days. Will be good to surf and get a good wakeboard wake going. cant wait!

ExtraSlow
07-15-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm not into the schene, but a buddy of mine says he's going to buy a wakesurf boat. He doesn't seem to know anything about it, so where is a good place to start the research? Price is probably not his primary motivator. He's hoping to use this with his kids and family, so a 10,000W stereo isn't his first priority.

Websites to start on?

ExtraSlow
07-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Should add that he's hoping it'll be versatile for a little bit of fishing and general relaxing with the family. So a lot of seating is a big plus

ercchry
07-15-2014, 01:38 PM
get a big v-drive mastercraft :drool:

as for me? well, finally getting a decent amount of time at the lake this year, for what i do on the water will depend on what boat(s) my uncle has at his dock this season :poosie:

lasimmon
07-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately our Wakesetter is in the shop getting worked on, that the shop was supposed to fix last year but did not :facepalm:

Haven't been able to get out on the wake board yet this year.

dubhead
07-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I'm not into the schene, but a buddy of mine says he's going to buy a wakesurf boat. He doesn't seem to know anything about it, so where is a good place to start the research? Price is probably not his primary motivator. He's hoping to use this with his kids and family, so a 10,000W stereo isn't his first priority.

Websites to start on?

Been out of the schene for a bit but I know wakesetters have wicked surf waves but your looking at $$$$. The Ski supreme v226 I believe has great surf reviews and can be had for a fair bit less than the name brand boats.

Nismorphed
07-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Family just purchased a tomcat mb boat, heading out to invermere this weekend to take it out. Used to have a shitty Larson but could still backflip without a tower.

asp integra
07-16-2014, 05:14 PM

Websites to start on?

The boat will need to be V drive or direct drive if you want to surf. V drive generally throw a bigger wake because the motor and thus more of the weight is in the back. He will also want something with ballast to crank the wake up even more. I would look used myself first, Mastercraft, Supra, Tige, etc. all have some good used options. Brand new boats you can be looking at 80-100k or more.

asp integra
07-16-2014, 05:48 PM
2014 buyers guide also http://reader.bonniercorp.com/g/wsbg/book/view/wsbbg14/h/1

BavarianBeast
07-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Just got back from a week out in the Okanagan and did 4 days of riding..

Since I don't own a boat and none of our friends who own boats were up there during this time, we had to pay $175/hr for a boat & driver to take us for a few pulls.

3 years ago I was landing HS backrolls, 360s and a few other tricks with ease. This year I ate shit like 30 times before finally landing a back roll.

Is anybody willing to take me for a couple pulls outside the city if I pay for gas? Dying to go again.

SkiBum5.0
07-22-2014, 08:46 AM

Websites to start on?

You're friend will pay top dollar for Mastercraft, Tige and Malibu as they seem to be the top tier (pricing).

After that there are some other companies that offer great boats like MB, and Centurion.

My brother bought a Centurion Enzo 233 last year and it's been real solid so far - I think it comes factory with 1800 pounds of ballast, autofill/autodump which is important.

We hit a deadhead log last year on Shushwap with the his new boat and rented a Mastercraft x35 while his was in the shop. Completely different boat:
- it pounded thru gas like I've never seen before ($250 a day)
- great wakeboard wake, but not optimal surf wake due to its size
- huge interior and stereo - great party boat

Your friend should just go to a local dealer like Hyperactive and have a look at the styles and options.

I want to say that the MC X35 was $140,000 that we rented, which is at least a Merc CLA more than my brothers boat.

SkiBum5.0
07-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Anyone here the bro or knows the bro with the Wakesetter on Ghost last night? Black and Grey?

Your boat isn't a jet ski - stop making the bro jokes so easy