PDA

View Full Version : Major Checkstop MacLeod Trail South

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 02:58 AM
Did anybody get stopped in the checkstop on MacLeod trail south near Canyon Meadows late Tuesday night?

They had the huge van parked across three lanes, and had probably 15 cars pulled over. I just came from hockey so my breathe probably would have exploded the breathalyzer tester...pure hockey breath mmm...

Anyways hope nobody got busted up.

403Gemini
03-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Did anybody get stopped in the checkstop on MacLeod trail south near Canyon Meadows late Tuesday night?

They had the huge van parked across three lanes, and had probably 15 cars pulled over. I just came from hockey so my breathe probably would have exploded the breathalyzer tester...pure hockey breath mmm...

if they were drinking and driving, i hope they did get busted

QuasarCav
03-04-2004, 11:25 AM
There was a huge one on blackfoot south right after glenmore. it was on tuesday as well (crackdown???)

10 cars, one bus. I saw alot of people getting breathalyzed.
Hopefully they busted a few DD's.

xkon
03-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

damn

if that was 3 years ago id have been busted

used to live right there and come home plastered quite often... i got LUCKY and yes, i was an idiot

once i did get pulled over on the off ramp from mcleod S to canyon meadows dr W and got a ticket for going 130 down mcleod... i shouldve got a DUI too but didnt... like i said, i was an idiot

sputnik
03-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

if they were drinking and driving, i hope they did get busted

:werd:

or if they didnt get busted... that they hit a lamp pole 100 ft past the checkstop

(instant karma... just add stupidity)

^SkylinE^
03-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah i went through it at around 12:30 that night. I saw a few guys getting taken out of there cars. Im suprise the cop barly said hi. He asked if i had been drinking ..... i said no and i was off. He didn't even say anything about my car? I also have really red eyes right now from and eye infection yet he didn't second guess me? Its great to see them out there. Get all the fools off the road! Hope to see more of this in the future i think there great!:thumbsup:

QuasarCav
03-04-2004, 01:53 PM
how can they prove it if you are high. besides the red eyes, the smell and the car full of munchies???

Can they give you a DUI based on the officers account of the situation?

^SkylinE^
03-04-2004, 02:04 PM
I believe the have to prove it with a beathalizer also they could take blood samples for high people. Im not sure if they do this? The should come up with something like a Blood glucose tester but for THC!

MM99lude
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
I believe the have to prove it with a beathalizer also they could take blood samples for high people. Im not sure if they do this? The should come up with something like a Blood glucose tester but for THC!

:rofl: The one and only time I have been to traffic court I over heard about 7 officers talking and this one officer said that he was working a check stop and some guy pulled in and the car just stunk like pot, so he asked him if he had been smoking the reefer, but the guy claimed that his friends were in the car and they were the ones that had been smoking a joint and that he hadn't partaken, well to make a long story short the officer said alright Sir that fine just reverse over this way and pull out from this other lane... well while the guy was reversing hey smacked a dark grey undercover cop car... so they cops ended up searching the car finding a pound of pot and 3 grand in 20's and 100's!

cbr_ryder
03-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude

:rofl: The one and only time I have been to traffic court I over heard about 7 officers talking and this one officer said that he was working a check stop and some guy pulled in and the car just stunk like pot, so he asked him if he had been smoking the reefer, but the guy claimed that his friends were in the car and they were the ones that had been smoking a joint and that he hadn't partaken, well to make a long story short the officer said alright Sir that fine just reverse over this way and pull out from this other lane... well while the guy was reversing hey smacked a dark grey undercover cop car... so they cops ended up searching the car finding a pound of pot and 3 grand in 20's and 100's!

Ouch! Talk about shitty luck.

sputnik
03-04-2004, 04:27 PM
^

nothing to do with luck... just pure stupidity

good to see the boys in blue got a dumbass off the street

PGTze
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I was drunk when me and my buddies went through that check stop, luckily I was a passenger :D. The driver was sober though. That check stop on macleod south was crazy :eek:, they had 3 of the 4 lanes blocked off. First time ive ever seen something like that.

Ben
03-04-2004, 05:12 PM
They had a big one on deerfoot a while back between heritage and Southland when it was down to 70 for construction. at least 10 police cars were there and they had a lazer set up at the beginning of it, so if you were speeding OR drinking you werer screwed.

I also see them all the time on Fisher Road behind limerics and near outlaws.

cappachihngo
03-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Wow talk abouta checkstop, i hope they do pull off sum drunk drivers

403Gemini
03-05-2004, 07:28 PM
i think check stops are some of the best things cops can do at night. makes me feel better drivin through em, i know all the shitty drivers are filtered... well at least the drunks lol

hockeybronx
03-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I guess this is a pretty agreed opinion.

I guess it's not like someone's going to come on here and say "Oh I think check stops are terrible" or anything.

Anyways, it's always good to chat.

Ridelikeme
03-08-2004, 09:04 PM
its awsome when u are absolutely ripped and not driving when the cops pull you over.. i know the asshole piglets in springbank and westhills area just hate not being able to do anything to my lippy ass.. haha i had a realy drunk friend get thorwn into a cop car but he escaped by fitting a bit of his body through the screen seperating the front from the back, unlocking the doors and another guy opened the door for him... this was all caused by our freind jack daniels and the great song "FUCK THE POLICE"

Ben
03-08-2004, 09:23 PM
:rolleyes:

ninspeed
03-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
its awsome when u are absolutely ripped and not driving when the cops pull you over.. i know the asshole piglets in springbank and westhills area just hate not being able to do anything to my lippy ass.. haha i had a realy drunk friend get thorwn into a cop car but he escaped by fitting a bit of his body through the screen seperating the front from the back, unlocking the doors and another guy opened the door for him... this was all caused by our freind jack daniels and the great song "FUCK THE POLICE"
you can go away now

88CRX
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
checkstops :thumbsup:

me getting my sober ass harassed at a checkstop :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme

WTF is wrong with you man??

First off learn to spell, or at least re-read your posts before clicking...

And secondly, what does posting that dumb-ass story prove??

Like Ninspeed says...you can go away now...

Drew
03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
how can they prove it if you are high. besides the red eyes, the smell and the car full of munchies???

Can they give you a DUI based on the officers account of the situation?

i'm pretty sure to prove that your stoned they have to take blood and you can say no to this test (not that they'll tell you that tho) however if you look all fucked up yes you can and should get a DUI on the spot but if you fight it in court you'll probably win on lack of evidence since you don't HAVE to give your blood.