PDA

View Full Version : Reset Pins Not Working On Motherboard

Mar
07-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I have an Intel D945GCLF motherboard and the 2 pins for resetting the computer are not working. Anybody seen this before? I know for sure these are the proper 2 pins because I checked the online PDF and used the same 2 pins on the board. I even tried touching the 2 pins with a piece of metal to eliminate the reset button itself, that did nothing. I checked the BIOS, there aren't any settings in there for disabling it.

I have no idea how this could not work, it doesn't make any sense.

mazdavirgin
07-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I have an Intel D945GCLF motherboard and the 2 pins for resetting the computer are not working. Anybody seen this before? I know for sure these are the proper 2 pins because I checked the online PDF and used the same 2 pins on the board. I even tried touching the 2 pins with a piece of metal to eliminate the reset button itself, that did nothing. I checked the BIOS, there aren't any settings in there for disabling it.

I have no idea how this could not work, it doesn't make any sense.

Circuits are fried. Pretty simple man... If contacting the two pins with a piece of metal didn't work well you are pretty much boned unless you want to try to trace/debug the circuit. It's ground switched so if shorting the pins didn't work something is busted internally.

jacky4566
07-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Remove the battery and let it sit for a while.
Who needs pins.

Mar
07-17-2014, 05:02 PM
I thought it might be fried, maybe I need a new board. The power pins still work, maybe I can wire an interrupt wire off them or something. Does that sound like it would work?

mazdavirgin
07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I thought it might be fried, maybe I need a new board. The power pins still work, maybe I can wire an interrupt wire off them or something. Does that sound like it would work?

Last ditch effort would be to reset the CMOS and swap power supplies.

Otherwise yeah you could wire something up to interrupt your power button.