PDA

View Full Version : gen 2 rough idle

Mista.2
07-19-2014, 07:19 PM
i hate to post a thread about this but I've been searching the internet for anyone who has the same problems as I'm having but i haven't found anything, so here goes..

i have a 92 jdm mr2 that I've recently swapped a new gen 2 motor into and to be completely blunt it runs like a bag of ______ I've checked all of the vacuum fittings and they are all connected and tight I've sprayed them all with brake cleaner to see if the idle changes and nothing. I've changed the map sensor and the idle control sensor with no change. at idle its very choppy but when i rev the motor past 2k rpm it runs fine. I've also unplugged the afm and it dies so i know the afm is working. I've also tried 2 different ecu's and no change.

i have an hks ssqv bob on the car and when i first started it and revved it the bov would go off but now nothing, I'm thinking perhaps the bov is seized and not allowing the pressure to escape?

I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and can shed a little light on this for me! thank you very much!

mr2mike
07-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Rebleed the coolant and make sure it's done as per specs.

Bov shouldn't fire when free revving. If it's seized you'd probably notice better shifts as the metered air isn't being sent to atmosphere.