PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work Shaw or Telus Customer Service?

Type_S1
07-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Looking to sign up for TV+Internet+Phone and got a great deal from a beyonder last time I did. Anyone work there still?

EK69
07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
What do you have now

spikerS
07-21-2014, 08:35 PM
It is not much of a hook up, but if I refer you, you get a $50 bill credit, and if you ever have any issues, you call me, and I get the ball rolling for you.

raceman6135
07-21-2014, 10:44 PM
A couple of months ago, they had the $15 + $15 + $15 deal if you sign a 3-year term. You get Optik TV Essentials channels, Internet 15 and a home phone (landline) with one calling feature. The special pricing is in effect for the first 12 months of the 36-month commitment.

You don't have to get the landline in order to get the deal, so instead of costing you $45/month, it would be $30/month.

You don't get any free TV, laptop, or whatever other promo they're running either.

Not sure if there are any other restrictions to that promo.

Sugarphreak
07-22-2014, 06:40 AM

Type_S1
07-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Nucleus? Tell me more! haha....never knew there was another option.

Sugarphreak
07-22-2014, 07:17 AM

J.M.
07-22-2014, 07:31 AM
^ holy shit Sugarphreak I might do that for internet and home phone, been with shaw over 12 years so far and I'm paying $30 for basic home phone that barely gets used and $60 for the internet 25 plan. How's Nucleus' internet service though?

Sugarphreak
07-22-2014, 07:36 AM

johnlennon
07-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Everyone always thinks those 3rd party ISP are such a good deal until something happens. They have almost no technical support and the equipment they use is usually very outdated. Not to mention their "install" usually consists of a modem sent in the mail with you plugging it in the wall. Even if you do get a technician to "install" it, it is usually a Shaw/Telus guy who is instructed to pretty much show up, see if you have Sync then leave. This is all because they are renting Telus/Shaw lines and they are not customers of either so a quality and thorough install is not a priority.

Cheap Rogers phone? Ya I would go with that. Why the hell not, whats going to go wrong with home phone?

Basic Telus or Shaw Internet with a good aftermarket modem is more than enough for the Regular Joe blow and with the little bit extra for everything else that is included, I would much rather go that route.

Sugarphreak
07-23-2014, 06:56 AM

Type_S1
07-23-2014, 07:01 AM
So I checked Nucleus and they seem to be a comparible price for internet to shaw. What do you do for Cable TV SugarP...or do you just stream everything?

Sugarphreak
07-23-2014, 07:11 AM

pheoxs
07-23-2014, 07:35 AM
I'm with Teksavvy, 45$ a month for 25mbit / 2.5mbit up / unlimited usage.

So far speed test is 25mbit solid 20 hours a day and dips to ~15-18 during peak ours which isn't a huge deal to me.

Main reason I went with them is the 5$ extra to have no cap. I think I'm at 1.4 TB this month just "updating" things?

Between usenet/plex server and netflix I really don't need cable. I'll probably pick up NHL center ice or whatever its called when the season starts up for sports.

Originally posted by johnlennon
Everyone always thinks those 3rd party ISP are such a good deal until something happens. They have almost no technical support and the equipment they use is usually very outdated. Not to mention their "install" usually consists of a modem sent in the mail with you plugging it in the wall. Even if you do get a technician to "install" it, it is usually a Shaw/Telus guy who is instructed to pretty much show up, see if you have Sync then leave. This is all because they are renting Telus/Shaw lines and they are not customers of either so a quality and thorough install is not a priority.

Cheap Rogers phone? Ya I would go with that. Why the hell not, whats going to go wrong with home phone?

Basic Telus or Shaw Internet with a good aftermarket modem is more than enough for the Regular Joe blow and with the little bit extra for everything else that is included, I would much rather go that route.

Even if something happens at once a year I need the inconvenience of dealing with getting a Telus/Shaw tech to come fix things it's min 20$ a month savings which I'm fine with.

For the amount of data I use I'd need to use one of Shaw's unlimited plans. So the comparable High Speed 25 + Unlimited Data is 130$ a month. I pay 45$ a month plus taxes. 85$ a month difference is a lot.

As for the tech, when I got the service it was a Shaw installer that came. He set things up on the outside before hand so not sure how long it took. He knocked, I showed him downstairs to the cable connection, he put his meter on it to veryify good connection, and put in a cable to my modem. Took 5 min of my time.

Edit: On second thought I phoned customer service more times with Telus/Shaw because every half a year you need to dick around with retentions and threaten to leave to get a new 'promo' pricing to keep it at a reasonable price.

Zeroflux APX
07-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by raceman6135
A couple of months ago, they had the $15 + $15 + $15 deal if you sign a 3-year term. You get Optik TV Essentials channels, Internet 15 and a home phone (landline) with one calling feature. The special pricing is in effect for the first 12 months of the 36-month commitment.

You don't have to get the landline in order to get the deal, so instead of costing you $45/month, it would be $30/month.

You don't get any free TV, laptop, or whatever other promo they're running either.

Not sure if there are any other restrictions to that promo.

I have access to this promo since I'm a Telus rep. You can also do no contracts but then the $15/15/15 is good for the first 6 months only, but this is better because you can promo hop every 6 month and don't even have to switch providers. The TV/laptop/iPad promo is garbage because you need to pay regular price up front on a 3yr term, where the savings from the promo exceeds the MSRP of said items. I wouldn't recommend it.

If anyone's interested shoot me a PM.

Strider
07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I also switched to Rogers Home phone for 10$ a month... instead of Shaw’s BS 30$ a month crap.

Looked into this because I too am a Rogers customer and want to ditch my Telus landline.

It doesn't play nice with monitored alarm systems, which is 100% of the reason I have a home phone line in the first place :(

prosh
07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Zeroflux APX

I have access to this promo since I'm a Telus rep. You can also do no contracts but then the $15/15/15 is good for the first 6 months only, but this is better because you can promo hop every 6 month and don't even have to switch providers. The TV/laptop/iPad promo is garbage because you need to pay regular price up front on a 3yr term, where the savings from the promo exceeds the MSRP of said items. I wouldn't recommend it.

If anyone's interested shoot me a PM.

Does Telus offer the discounted home phone if you're a Telus Wireless customer?

Thanks,

Zeroflux APX
07-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by prosh

Does Telus offer the discounted home phone if you're a Telus Wireless customer?

Thanks,

Yes, but the other way around. So they'll discount your mobile bill if you show them that you have Telus home services.