PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti G37, anyone own/owned?

Skrilla
07-23-2014, 07:21 AM
Anyone have any experience with a 10-12 G37? A family friend is looking at possibly picking one up and asked if they are a decent choice for the price range (25-28k) I owned a 350z a few years ago, but no experience with the newer 3.7 in general. There seems to be a few decent examples for sale. Any specific packages to look for? Things to look out for?

Anything else in this range in a coupe, or a nice sedan that she should also look into? Either RWD or AWD, as the G is available in both. Something quite similar to the G.

Cheers!

YCB
07-23-2014, 07:29 AM
A guuuj I know had one for a couple days.. went too church with it, and sold it cuz it looked to fancy.. ended trading for Acura ILX.. :banghead: :banghead:

why? :dunno:

sorry for the useless post :hijack:

jabjab
07-23-2014, 07:32 AM
I think the G37 is an awesome car. My friend owns a coupe in AWD and says he gets better gas milage than his 06 G35 and its more HP

20incheyes
07-23-2014, 07:33 AM
I had a 2012 G37x for about a month after my father in law passed away I was in charge of selling it. I did put on about 1,500 kms so a fair bit of driving. Overall I wasn't impressed. Leather quality sucks as well as fit and finish. Dash, buttons and steering wheel all felt like they should belong in a sentra rather than infiniti.

I had high hopes for the engine but it didn't perform as I expected. Felt like it had too much lag and didn't throw me back in the drivers seat when it finally did kick in.

I'd say this car is a nice maxima but far from a luxurious and fun experience.

J.M.
07-23-2014, 07:36 AM
A buddy of mine picked up a 2012? G37xS coupe 2 years ago. He still owns it and says it's a great car.

bjstare
07-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Make sure your friend drives an IS350 and TL SH-AWD before making their decision. To be 100% honest, I'd be looking at ponying up an extra couple grand and getting an ISF. Likely that'll be my next car.

(I have a 07 G35, which is the same car as the 09 G37, albeit the engine is different, obv. I like it, but it's not all that quick. NA cars at this elevation have to have massive engines to actually be fast, and this car does not. Driving dynamics are good though, and so far is quite reliable. If I was buying again, I'd get a 07-09 350Z since I don't actually need 4 doors right now.)

Skrilla
07-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
Make sure your friend drives an IS350 and TL SH-AWD before making their decision.

Yea, the TL was one I was just looking at. Definitely another option, and AWD as well.

supe
07-23-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm kind of in the same market and actually test drove a few G37's. You actually want to go 2011+ since thats the year they remodeled, well for me thats a big factor.

Also there is quite a big difference between the G37x's and the G37xS's (sport). Bigger brakes, sportier suspension and better seats, it all makes for a way better drive for me. I'm not entirely sold on this car yet either, so I'll probably be keeping an eye on this thread.

J.M.
07-23-2014, 10:02 AM
^^ :werd: The sport model is much better imo.

msommers
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I was thinking of getting into an AWD coupe G37. The engine and tranny are reliable and quick enough, and could be daily driven. The G35 I had before I really enjoyed driving and seats/fit I found really good for the pricepoint I paid. It's no Audi interior though that's for sure.

The only thing I don't understand is how people can justify buying these Infinitis new, when they depreciate like mad. If I was seriously looking again, I'd be looking at low km 2012/13s.

J.M.
07-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by msommers

The only thing I don't understand is how people can justify buying these Infinitis new, when they depreciate like mad. If I was seriously looking again, I'd be looking at 2012/13's.

yeah they don't really hold their value too well :rofl:

I think my buddy paid like 50 or 53k for his haha

ercchry
07-23-2014, 11:23 AM
my dad has an S... i dont care for it much, ride is HARSH for a "sports luxury"

...i'd go 335i :burnout:

Redlined_8000
07-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Dont think you can go wrong with a G37. Never driven one but I have driven a 370z and it is a decently fun car. Use to own a G35 and it was as bullet proof as a honda. Great cars.

bjstare
07-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
my dad has an S... i dont care for it much, ride is HARSH for a "sports luxury"

...i'd go 335i :burnout:

Yeah I'd go 335i or S4 if I was buying new... except we're talking about used here. Not a chance am I going to own one of those cars off warranty at this point :rofl:

kJUMP
07-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

Yeah I'd go 335i or S4 if I was buying new... except we're talking about used here. Not a chance am I going to own one of those cars off warranty at this point :rofl:

335(x)i all the way... esp if you can get one with warranty

i'm not sure why people are suggesting the TL-SH AWD.... that thing is a boat and definitely not "super-handling"

the exhaust on the G37 does sound nice though

bjstare
07-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by kJUMP

335(x)i all the way... esp if you can get one with warranty

i'm not sure why people are suggesting the TL-SH AWD.... that thing is a boat and definitely not "super-handling"

the exhaust on the G37 does sound nice though

The G37 is more of a boat than the TL haha. G37 weighs ~3700lb and the TL weighs ~3450lb. Unfortunately the G37 sedan actually doesn't sound good at all. They made these cars quiet with the major refresh of the sedan in 07.

Unless you replace your mufflers with straight pipes. Ask me how I know.;)