PDA

View Full Version : Summer Series: C63 BS - Where Stimulation Trumps Stint Times

rage2
07-23-2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/mercedes-c63-black-series-review-1-550x310.jpg

This summer, we will be featuring member cars on our blog, where we will be taking a look at some of the more interesting cars and stories that have graced this forum in the past decade.

This week, I hand the keys of my own car, the C63 AMG Black Series, over to Mibz to rip around in. This car is pretty special for me, it's the first car in a decade that I've wanted to keep long term.

http://www.beyond.ca/c63-black-series-where-stimulation-trumps-stint-times/38484.html

If you have an interesting car with interesting stories and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me via PM.

schocker
07-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Did mibz choose the photo locations himself? :rofl:

Good article though :thumbsup:

KRyn
07-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Great article! Really digging the last few articles, keep up the good work.

Mibz
07-23-2014, 09:34 AM
:P Photos were done by our staff photographer.

benyl
07-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by schocker
Did mibz choose the photo locations himself? :rofl:

Haha, I guess he couldn't leave the confines of Arbour Lake. haha

D'z Nutz
07-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Good article. I've been really enjoying the series.

Sugarphreak
07-23-2014, 09:45 AM

rage2
07-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Haha, I guess he couldn't leave the confines of Arbour Lake. haha
I've been shooting each car near the owner's houses. Trying to keep that trend going, even if it means grungy ghetto Arbour Lake alleys. :rofl:

shadowz
07-23-2014, 09:57 AM
I can say this car has the best "balance" where it can be very raw and fun when hammering on the throttle, to very cosy and subtle when just cruising. One of the more enjoyable cars I've ever driven

J.M.
07-23-2014, 10:03 AM
good article, great car!

rage2
07-23-2014, 10:04 AM
This car is officially the office slut.

max_boost
07-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice mibz. U write good.

shakalaka
07-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Very nice, enjoyed reading it. Sexy car.

killramos
07-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Gorgeous, and a great writeup.

I am expecting a finale where all of the cars end up on a track! :D

Makes me regret not picking up a 507...

ercchry
07-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by rage2

This week, I hand the keys of my own car, the C63 AMG Black Series, over to Mibz to rip around in. This car is pretty special for me, it's the first car in a decade that I've wanted to keep long term.

this is not adding up :confused:

this is the same mibz that couldnt handle an srt-4... right? :rofl:

flipstah
07-23-2014, 11:54 AM
"... I like driving for the sake of driving."

:werd:

I've been shooting each car near the owner's houses. Trying to keep that trend going, even if it means grungy ghetto Arbour Lake alleys. :rofl:

BTW, was the goal for the photoshoot to have a 'hood rich' vibe?

ExtraSlow
07-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Are you kidding? That's a beautiful alley compared to the slums of Mount Pleasant.

Skidro
07-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Great car!

Mibz
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

this is the same mibz that couldnt handle an srt-4... right? :rofl: Haha, ffffffffffucker

never
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
And the shots to rage didn't get edited out...excellent!

Definitely a cool car...and the pics are great!

CSMRX7
07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
This car may just have the best stock exhaust note ever! Perfectly matches the look too!

rage2
07-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
BTW, was the goal for the photoshoot to have a 'hood rich' vibe?
That was the goal, but it didn't turn out too well. At least 1 person picked up on it haha.

Originally posted by CSMRX7
This car may just have the best stock exhaust note ever! Perfectly matches the look too!
It's all about flipping the seats down.

shakalaka
07-23-2014, 02:23 PM
I tried flipping the seats down on mine and couldn't do it. Lifted the knob and tried to pull them down but those bitches wouldn't budge! :(

rage2
07-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I tried flipping the seats down on mine and couldn't do it. Lifted the knob and tried to pull them down but those bitches wouldn't budge! :(
I think the only knob is you haha. There's no knob to flip the seats down. You open the trunk, there's 2 levers below the back window (one for each side) that you pull to unlock it. Then you flip the seats down.

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2010_c.pdf

See page 204.

schocker
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Do you have any 1080p pics for work wallpapers rage? :D

Should do some ghetto edition and drive around the NE and get a bunch of pics with airplanes in them

shakalaka
07-23-2014, 03:09 PM

I think the only knob is you haha. There's no knob to flip the seats down. You open the trunk, there's 2 levers below the back window (one for each side) that you pull to unlock it. Then you flip the seats down.

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2010_c.pdf

See page 204.

Lol really. :banghead:

I just saw the flush buttons behind the head rests of the back seats and lifted it up and tried to pull the seat down. It didn't work and I gave up. Granted I only gave it 30 seconds, didn't even think that the there might be levers in the trunk! lol

ercchry
07-23-2014, 03:11 PM

I just saw the flush buttons behind the head rests of the back seats and lifted it up and tried to pull the seat down. It didn't work and I gave up. Granted I only gave it 30 seconds, didn't even think that the there might be levers in the trunk! lol

like the covers for the children seat anchors? :rofl:

flipstah
07-23-2014, 03:13 PM

What's more shameful? Not reading the manual when you couldn't figure it out or admitting that you didn't in public? :rofl:

shakalaka
07-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Haha I didn't care enough cause I never looked at it again. Then I got into a motorcycle accident and have been on bed rest for the last 3 weeks and never got the chance. I shall try it this weekend again when I go back up to Edmonton. :D

killramos
07-23-2014, 03:30 PM

WIN!

I'm seeing that more and more actually. I think it has to do with Valet more than anything (you can lock out your trunk by pressing a button in your glove box which is physical key locked).

The whole process is invalidated if you can just fold the seats down hahaha

The 2 series is the same. Wish i had a dedicated valet key though...

rage2
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Do you have any 1080p pics for work wallpapers rage? :D
Sure, which one specifically?

NRGie
07-23-2014, 11:35 PM
After driving this beast I can see why rage loves it so much. And damn the exhaust note is priceless

interlude
07-23-2014, 11:55 PM
This car is officially the office slut.

I have yet to take this bitch for a ride! :D

Nice write up mibz

schocker
07-24-2014, 08:36 AM

Sure, which one specifically?
Maybe these two?
http://www.beyond.ca/c63-black-series-where-stimulation-trumps-stint-times/38484.html/mercedes-c63-black-series-review-2

http://www.beyond.ca/c63-black-series-where-stimulation-trumps-stint-times/38484.html/mercedes-c63-black-series-review-4
Then I can stitch them together for dual monitor
thanks rage! :thumbsup:

mrsingh
07-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Haha I didn't care enough cause I never looked at it again. Then I got into a motorcycle accident and have been on bed rest for the last 3 weeks...

Hope you're doing alright.

94boosted
07-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Car looks awesome :drool:

Enjoyed the article too.

shakalaka
07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by mrsingh

Hope you're doing alright.

Doing a lot better as it's been a while (3 weeks tomorrow), thanks for asking. Luckily nothing broke but I got a fair bit of road rash on my right arm and leg. Some of the gashes were deeper than others which are taking a while to heal.

I am able to walk a lot better and move around the joints but the only downside is that these massive scars will be around for a while. Other than that, most likely will have to get rid of the bike if I don't want my gf and family to murder me. :(

mrsingh
07-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I am able to walk a lot better and move around the joints but the only downside is that these massive scars will be around for a while. Other than that, most likely will have to get rid of the bike if I don't want my gf and family to murder me. :(

Good to hear you are getting better.

A month after my wife and I got married we witnessed a van turn in front of a bike then take off after the collision. That ended my dream of ever convincing my wife to let me get a sportsbike. On the bright side you are walking, and at least you still have a fun car to drive!

As for the BS photoshoot, car looks sweet!!

flipstah
07-24-2014, 11:30 AM

Doing a lot better as it's been a while (3 weeks tomorrow), thanks for asking. Luckily nothing broke but I got a fair bit of road rash on my right arm and leg. Some of the gashes were deeper than others which are taking a while to heal.

Glad to hear you're okay. Gashes are just reminders. :)

killramos
07-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Haha I didn't care enough cause I never looked at it again. Then I got into a motorcycle accident and have been on bed rest for the last 3 weeks and never got the chance. I shall try it this weekend again when I go back up to Edmonton. :D

Brutal man, hope you are feeling better.

My brother did the same thing two weeks ago...

Except his first response was to order a new bike :nut:

shakalaka
07-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by mrsingh

Good to hear you are getting better.

A month after my wife and I got married we witnessed a van turn in front of a bike then take off after the collision. That ended my dream of ever convincing my wife to let me get a sportsbike. On the bright side you are walking, and at least you still have a fun car to drive!

As for the BS photoshoot, car looks sweet!!

Thanks, yea this is pretty much it for me from the sounds of it. The gf or the family wasn't too happy with it in the first place, now they just have an excuse.

Originally posted by flipstah

Glad to hear you're okay. Gashes are just reminders. :)

Thanks, plus I hear chicks love scars lol. I am just glad it's nothing serious and the scars aren't anywhere too prominent.

Originally posted by killramos

Brutal man, hope you are feeling better.

My brother did the same thing two weeks ago...

Except his first response was to order a new bike :nut:

Haha thanks, my bike is fine for the most part. Not too much damage, I am fixing it and selling it.

On a side note, I think we've derailed Rage's thread enough now, so a question for Rage pertaining to the BS. How different does it feel from driving a C63 with PP?

finboy
07-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

this is the same mibz that couldnt handle an srt-4... right? :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: