PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking .....

GingeRRRBeef
09-25-2002, 06:04 PM
that there sorta a trend with rice ...

Somehow, only people who newly acquire vehicle usually the younger generation, those that are just getting into the "F&F" scene are the ones with the most significant display of rice.

Does anybody agree?? Or am I just nuts????

max_boost
09-25-2002, 06:08 PM
That is very true. Unfortunately I had my little flirtation with "Rice" a few years back! I debadged my E36 325I in place for a //M:nut: I also had blue bulbs for my clear corners and a loud DTM axelback exhaust. BUt I was 16, what do you expect???:dunno:

ME_VS_YOU
09-25-2002, 06:26 PM
yeah i totally agree...the worst is when they cant afford an import so they have to make there domestic rice:burnout: :burnout: :rofl:

three.eighteen.
09-25-2002, 06:29 PM
you had an E36 325 at 16? damn you, i only got a 318 at 17

max_boost
09-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

Look at Zephyr! He got a 97 528I and I believe he is only 16 hehe:thumbsup:

2000impreza
09-25-2002, 06:46 PM
the worse for me when i got a universal muffler and blue corner blubs. realized i was being stupid shortly after. lol. the guys putting huge aluminum spoilers on... i don't know wtf is going through their head.

2K255HP
09-25-2002, 07:10 PM
the benches make me laugh so hard

i really don't see whats so cool about them.....on a GT-R sure but :rofl: a civic.....:rolleyes:

girlRACER
09-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

"only" :rolleyes:

LaughingTiger
09-25-2002, 08:04 PM
good point about the F&Fscene.. after that movie came out

it caused alot of ugly trends, and crazy young driver's ...

eur0
09-25-2002, 08:07 PM
damn you bling blingers, I got my 2 thousand dollar civic hatch, and I still beat three.eighteen in a race!! rofl!! AHAhahahA (im only 17)

Hipermax_d
09-25-2002, 08:19 PM
first time beat lights came out i thought those were cool.

now looking back. i feel sorry for myself.

HRD2PLZ
09-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I riced out my 00 EL pretty bad. I was fine with everycar before that though. I vowed that the Accord would never get "riced" though

VWhooligan
09-25-2002, 08:33 PM
One guy 16 with a BMW, the other 17 with a BMW? how could you complain about that.. its a BMW!!

I drove my parents car till i turned 18 and then I bought my Golf myself. 2 years later, still loving every second of it... just cravin a bit more power :(

But back on topic, yah its true people that just get a car are always ricing it up, because people who have had a car for a while probably have already gone through that stage and have put the car back to a reasonable appearance. I know on my next Golf I probably wont put so much exterior stuff, mostly engine.

max_boost
09-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Chrome Tips for your exhaust considered Rice? My bodykit has a special cut out for the exhaust and the stock tip looks plain nasty! I have no money for aftermarket exhaust....yet. So I decided to put on a set of chrome tips, I think it looks pretty good!! lol

VWhooligan
09-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Who cares what others think. I have chrome tips on my golf because I couldnt afford an exhaust at the time. They're just small tips, so I think they look OK. Just make sure it's not too big.

finboy
09-25-2002, 10:47 PM
luckily i was not hit by the rice bug...

unfortunatly the lemon bug bit me :madred:

ninjak84
09-25-2002, 11:02 PM
everyone went through a rice stage when they first got into the scene
i did, and i grew out of it, just like most of you.

lammer
09-25-2002, 11:04 PM
I never owned a car my self, but when i first seen "souped" up cars, i was like WHOA!!! When i get a car i gotta get like sweet ass stickers, some of those Altezza lights, and neon lighting interoir!!
but now, i think of it as pretty gay, and it woulda been a waste of money i fi had a car.

5.9 R/T
09-25-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
everyone went through a rice stage when they first got into the scene
i did, and i grew out of it, just like most of you.

I can say with certainty that I never went though any kind of 'rice stage'. Mind you I never 'got into the scene' so that may be why. :rolleyes:

Big_Six_Boy
09-26-2002, 11:03 AM
I can see where this thread is heading...
It's like everything that is NON-STOCK is soon going to be considered RICE!
I think there is a certain distinction between rice and just lightly modded for looks. For example, Max_Boost was talking about aluminum exhaust... what's wrong with that?!?! People have been doing that way before the F&F Rice scene.
There are spoilers, and there are Rice-spoilers, you can tell the diff... Also, I don't think Euro-clears are rice at all (pretty much anything that originates from Europe is considered hip).
Having said that, I've seen a few Civics with side mirrors that have non-working signal reflectors on them.. ala Mercedes Benz. I think that is RICE! :rolleyes:

Speed_RaSiR
09-26-2002, 11:14 AM
I dont know why everyone cares so much about what the other man is driving. Just drive what you want and to all there own. Everyone has there own opinion.

GingeRRRBeef
09-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
I can see where this thread is heading...
It's like everything that is NON-STOCK is soon going to be considered RICE!
I think there is a certain distinction between rice and just lightly modded for looks. For example, Max_Boost was talking about aluminum exhaust... what's wrong with that?!?! People have been doing that way before the F&F Rice scene.
There are spoilers, and there are Rice-spoilers, you can tell the diff... Also, I don't think Euro-clears are rice at all (pretty much anything that originates from Europe is considered hip).
Having said that, I've seen a few Civics with side mirrors that have non-working signal reflectors on them.. ala Mercedes Benz. I think that is RICE! :rolleyes:

Well that wasn't the intention when I first posted this thread.
My point was that RICE is usually more frequent among younger or newer car owners. As most of you will agree with me, there is one time or another in our earlier vechicular (that's probably not even a word but that's besides the point) experiences, we've considered now to be RICE to be cool, trendy or hip. However, as we've matured, we've deviated from RICE to more rational forms of modding.

Big_Six_Boy::: If I didn't misinterpret, in your opinion RICE is heavy modding. But I believe RICE to be modification to your vehicle that don't belong (ie GT-R badge on a Mazda or a huge spoiler on a FWD). As for chrome tips for an exhaust, it is more than ok, sometimes encouraged on nice cars. But it is RICE if it is installed on, for discussion purposes, a rusted 80's brown civic HB.

I agree with you that there are distinctions between RICE and lightly modded, but I believe you will have to include heavy modding as well. But it has to serve a purpose and be done within taste.

I'm not looking to start no flame war but just mature, civilized exchange of thoughts and opinions

MrX
09-26-2002, 01:24 PM
I was Fob modding in my earlier days. I had numerous air freshners in the car, and the whole set of mini street fighter figures on the dash.:nut:

MYKN
09-26-2002, 02:48 PM
fob modding?! never heard that one before!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blue Devil
09-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
I dont know why everyone cares so much about what the other man is driving. Just drive what you want and to all there own. Everyone has there own opinion.

:clap: Excellent comment! I agree!

lilboykorea
09-26-2002, 08:13 PM
who ever got into the import scene after fast and the furious tend to be ricers, they just wanna look like those ppl from the movie...

GingeRRRBeef
09-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by lilboykorea
who ever got into the import scene after fast and the furious tend to be ricers, they just wanna look like those ppl from the movie...

Word to Big Bird!:D

CA18DET
09-26-2002, 11:32 PM
i disagree... there have always been cheezy ass nasty cars out there before F&F....you may not know it... but your cars are being called rice coz that muffler or set of wheels you put on 2 months ago aint so pimp no more. - not directed at any one...just telling it how it is...

Its hard to keep up with trend. unless you got money and dont own a honda.

shadowz
09-27-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by CA18DET
i disagree... there have always been cheezy ass nasty cars out there before F&F....you may not know it... but your cars are being called rice coz that muffler or set of wheels you put on 2 months ago aint so pimp no more. - not directed at any one...just telling it how it is...

Its hard to keep up with trend. unless you got money and dont own a honda.

Very true Ive seen a couple old men driving around in their mustangs all riced out, like this red convertable, but it just seems more people notice it after the movie