PDA

View Full Version : car registration question

chathamf
07-23-2014, 09:40 PM
My uncle moved back East and gifted me there tercel as I was planning on driving it. Turns out I won't be driving it and need to sell. I haven't registered it but the papers are filled out to be sold to me. Is there anyway I can sell without insuring and registering it just to get rid of it?

ddduke
07-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Yep, just sell it from your name. I've done this tons of times and a friend of mine who owns a car lot does it regularly too. No one at the registries ever checks.

I actually just bought a supercharged f150 which I actually hated within 20 minutes of owning it so I sold it before registering and had no issues (that was like 3 weeks ago.

Graham_A_M
07-24-2014, 11:01 AM
^ Dude, you are officially the worlds biggest car whore, its insane.

ddduke
07-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Dude, you are officially the worlds biggest car whore, its insane.

I know, I've got a problem. Things are changing though, I got a 2 year lease on a Dodge diesel so I'm stuck with that for a bit, now I'll just rotate summer cars constantly, haha.

chathamf
07-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Yep, just sell it from your name. I've done this tons of times and a friend of mine who owns a car lot does it regularly too. No one at the registries ever checks.

I actually just bought a supercharged f150 which I actually hated within 20 minutes of owning it so I sold it before registering and had no issues (that was like 3 weeks ago.

So do I just sell it and don't change the papers at all?

G-ZUS
07-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by chathamf

So do I just sell it and don't change the papers at all?

Yes or just print off a bill of sale and sign it over to buyer

J.M.
07-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Yes or just print off a bill of sale and sign it over to buyer

:werd: I've done this with a couple cars I never registered/insured and ended up selling.