PDA

View Full Version : PHO restaurant near crowfoot??

jdmsource
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
hey i was just wondering is there any PHO restaurants near the crowfoot shopping centre and around ranchlands area? thanx in advance!

buh_buh
03-03-2004, 03:29 PM
There's one just down the hill from Crowfoot on Sarcee in that strip mall

import_azn
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
there is one right by silver springs and nose hill dr.
pretty good too.

missblondie
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
There's one just down the hill from Crowfoot on Sarcee in that strip mall

have you been there? what did you think of it?

sorry to jack the thread but i was going to ask the same question:D

jdmsource
03-03-2004, 03:31 PM
kevin can u give me better directions! im not too familiar with that area!

buh_buh
03-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I went there a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago so I don't really remember how it was haha.
But I don't remember it being bad, so that's a good sign:D

I think if your on Sarcee, you just keep going down the hill past Crowfoot then its in a strip mall on your left. There's a gas station and a 7-11 or Macs in that strip mall too.

jdmsource
03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
thanks alot man! :thumbsup:

Team_Mclaren
03-03-2004, 03:45 PM
wow i live so close but never knew theres a place for PHO in the NW... closest i can think of is northland.. gotto go check it out!

tell me how it is when u return shohed!

rage2
03-03-2004, 03:58 PM
It's not Sarcee, it's Silver Springs. It's the little strip mall on Nose Hill Drive in Silver Springs where they have a Rogers' Video, Shopper's Drug Mart and Mac's.

buh_buh
03-03-2004, 04:08 PM
heh my bad.
I live on the other end of the city haha.

Ajay
03-03-2004, 04:28 PM
There's a pho place there? I'm going out for pho tonight usually we hit up Pho Kim maybe we'll check that one out since it's so close.

Strider
03-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Straight down Nose Hill drive, it's at the first left turn after crowchild.

There's also one by churchill it's called "Essence of Saigon Garden" (not the vietnamese beef stew one).

Or there's always Saigon Y2K by stadium

Team_Mclaren
03-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Straight down Nose Hill drive, it's at the first left turn after crowchild.

There's also one by churchill it's called "Essence of Saigon Garden" (not the vietnamese beef stew one).

Or there's always Saigon Y2K by stadium

that place by churchill is what come outta my mind first.. but that place is pretty bad, the food sucks imo

jdmsource
03-04-2004, 02:16 PM
i went to the the place in silver springs last night with my girl and the pho was gross, so if any one was gonna gty it! my suggestion is dont waste ur time. :barf: :barf: :barf:

jdmsource
03-04-2004, 02:18 PM
best pho place i think is PHO HUONG in the Castleridge Plaza in the NE. i fu guys havent tried it, u really should! im there at least twice a week:thumbsup:

SI-vic
03-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource
i went to the the place in silver springs last night with my girl and the pho was gross, so if any one was gonna gty it! my suggestion is dont waste ur time. :barf: :barf: :barf:

The one beside Little Ceasars??

Yes that place is disgusting.... its not nice in there either.
The bowls are TINY and its not even that great.
It was a big waste of time.... and money....

CKY
03-07-2004, 05:52 AM
kind of OT but here it goes......... has anyone realized how many vietnamese restaurents there are in calgary?? :confused: i mean their proberly next to chinese restaurents in number of foreign cuisines there are in calgary

-250-
03-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Saigon y2k is nasty stuff, it is not IN stadium it is BESIDE THE stadium, off crowchild before 24th ave. Its in a strip mall.

Ek9Max
04-12-2004, 05:38 PM
nothign worse that white washed asian food.

hatetank
04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
nothign worse that white washed asian food.

Sure there is, yellow washed western food, ie. Chinese Hamburgers.

GingeRRRBeef
04-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by hatetank

name one asian place that serves hamburgers

Orbie
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
What the hell is a Chinese Hamburger? that's the first time I've ever heard about that.:confused:

GingeRRRBeef
04-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by hatetank

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

name one asian place that serves hamburgers

Soooooo i guess there ain't gonna be no answers from no one?

Pho Lover
08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
The New Vietnamese Beef Stew across from Sir Winston Churchill Highschool has the best Pho in town, or at least better then the "saigon y2k" or "essence of saigon". Granted it's a little small get really crowded sometimes but it's been revamped with booths and new paint job. I tried the pho the old owner were making before I i agree it was nasty, the sprouts were weeks old and the old owner didn't even bother to thawout the pho so the soup was so salty. Warning: Must be hungry, portions are big, or the food is filling, i don't know but i ended up taking half the stuff home.

Directions: Find northland mall. Go to the highschool. Go to the strip mall with the mac and petro canada. It should be closer to the future shop side of the mall then the wal mart. Enjoy!

leutyc
08-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Well i may just have to go for lunch, its in the strip mall will the petro canada and the mac's. Whats is called? And what is PHO?

leutyc
08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Do u sit down and eat, or do u go order and leave?

Johnny@CustomAuto
09-01-2004, 11:20 PM
The best Pho restaurant hands down is Pho Xuan next to Tiger's Billiards. If any of you like the Grilled pork with vermicelli and spring rolls, they make the best. I have ate the same dish at over 40 different vietnames restaurants. I can tell you hands down, they make it the best. Nice portion, lots of meat, lots of springs rolls and the price is unbeatable ($6.25). Do not ever go to Oriental Phoenix. That place is pure westernized bullshit viet food and it's a rip off.

Ben
09-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Neeper
The best Pho restaurant hands down is Pho Xuan next to Tiger's Billiards. If any of you like the Grilled pork with vermicelli and spring rolls, they make the best. I have ate the same dish at over 40 different vietnames restaurants. I can tell you hands down, they make it the best. Nice portion, lots of meat, lots of springs rolls and the price is unbeatable ($6.25). Do not ever go to Oriental Phoenix. That place is pure westernized bullshit viet food and it's a rip off.

I've heard good things about this place from others as well, thanks for the recommendation man, I'm gonna try it out on Friday. :thumbsup:

Liquidinc
09-02-2004, 03:54 AM
The one in silver springs gave me the ring of fire when i got home!
shitty place!!! :thumbsdow

Ben
09-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Awww Shiet...ROF is the worst!

Liquidinc
09-02-2004, 04:49 AM
yeah mannnn stupid satay beef