PDA

View Full Version : Vintage fire trucks for sale

Tik-Tok
07-31-2014, 09:08 AM
I have no need for one, or anywhere to put it, but man do I want!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/5-vintage-fire-trucks-up-for-sale-in-calgary-1.2722520

Five vintage fire trucks are up for sale in Calgary.

The city is helping to sell the antiques on behalf of the Firefighters Museum Society of Calgary, which no longer wants them.

Among the trucks are a 1925 model from Denver, Co., one from Nanaimo, B.C. and one that used to be at a Canadian air force base.

Carol Henke, who speaks for the Calgary Fire Department, says a wide range of museums, groups or even individual collectors might be interested in bidding.

“We hope that these vehicles will find a new home where they'll be lovingly restored,” she said.

While the museum would be willing to donate the trucks to the right home, Henke said all reasonable bids will be considered if a private buyer wants one.

“I mean there's are a lot of firefighters that collect firefighting memorabilia and firefighting artifacts, so it might even be someone from our own department who might be interested in purchasing one of these vehicles,” she said.

The old trucks were acquired over the years with a view to opening a national firefighters museum in Calgary.

But now the non-profit society is focussing on Calgary's history. It wants to put the proceeds from the trucks towards restoring vintage Calgary Fire Department items.

civic_stylez
08-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Love those old beauties!

ExtraSlow
08-01-2014, 11:48 AM
On a related note, the firefighters museum here is pretty cool.