CD-ROM
Adaptec 2940U SCSI card
WD 136AA 13GB IDE HD
Quantum EC10.2 10GB IDE HD
2 x 10/100 Nics
Cirrus logic 4MB vid. card
2 x serial, 2 x usb, 1 x parallel

Backup Tape System:

1 x Sony SDT9000 DDS3 Tape Drive. This drive comes in a terminated, self-powered, external cabinet, with a 6 FT. SCSI cable to connect the adaptec contoller. The power supply and fan in the external cabinet are new. It also comes with 11 DDS3 Tapes (12\24 GB) and a new un-opened cleaning cartridge. This is a complete backup package capable of backing up 132\264GB with the included tapes.

About the drive:

• 12 GB Native\ 24 GB Compressed capacity and 2.4 MB/s sustained data transfer rate (with 2:1 compression) Sony drives are a little faster than the rest. (seagate, HP, Etc.)

• Sony Hyper MetalT Head reduces error rate compared to conventional ferrite MIG heads

• Backward compatible to DDS-2 and DDS-1 format

• Sony's patented Super Head CleanerT mechanism reduces particle build-up on read/write heads

• High reliability with 200,000 POH MTBF at 20% duty cycle

I'm looking for $175OBO for the complete system.

The PC ran both redhat 6.2 and 2k server. It will be sold with the drives formatted. It can be seen running prior to purchase if required. The system run's almost silently - except when the HD's are very active. Neither of the drives grind - they are in great condition.

Pics can be e-mailed by request as I have nowhere to host them online.

Thanks.

Speed_RaSiR
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I see no firewall.

Deus
03-05-2004, 12:34 AM
The firewall is the system itself - since it has two NIC's and more than enough horsepower to run linux. You can install linux and and add some packages to use it as a firewall. (one NIC for WAN and one NIC for LAN) They actually work very well when configured properly. I am selling it like that to show potential buyers how a system like this might still have value.

That help you out at all?

Jim Jones
03-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Why not sell it with the firewall installed? I can understand wiping the MS junk, however it seems silly to me that you are selling a Linux based firewall that will have the drives wiped.

Deus
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Thier are a couple reasons Im not selling it with the firewall installed. The first and most important reason is that the system has to configured for whomever decides to purchase it. I have ZERO intrest in setting up a system like this for someone else. Thierfore who ever buys it will need to be able to run it on thier own - and should be able to work it from beginning to end. (OS load to firewall config) Otherwise they be calling me and thats not worth the $$ the system was sold for all together. The second is that I always wipe out any machine that I sell. No matter what.

Also, If you have nothing useful to add to my thread - can you go post somewhere...please! If you have a problem with how Im selling my gear - ignore it! And if you insist on commenting - please PM me instead.

TIA.

Jim Jones
03-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry to burst your little bubble but your thread says and I quote:

FS: Firewall and Backup Computer system

Yet your are selling nothing more than a run of the mill old computer system that a one time had a Red Hat installation running iptables or ipchains. So why are you saying it's a firewall when it isn't? Simple question really.

Also, If you have nothing useful to add to my thread - can you go post somewhere...please! If you have a problem with how Im selling my gear - ignore it! And if you insist on commenting - please PM me instead.

As a matter of fact what I have posted is usefull due to the fact that I have a problem with you misrepresenting what you are selling and wanted a simple question answered.

A PC with no software != a firewall.
Also, by your logic it's a Windows 2000 Server that can run DHCP, DNS, Web, FTP, Active Directory, RRAS, VPN, Terminal Services, etc. Of course it can run it, but the way it's being advertised and the way it will be sold are two COMPLETELY different things.

Thanks.

Deus
03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Well "Jim Jones" I answered your really simple question with my last post. Read it again because it explains why I am selling it the way I am.

I am sorry that you see this post as a misrepresentation of goods I am trying to sell. I disagree however. My post specifically details what I am selling and what I am not - down to each individual part.

And finally, just becuase you have this problem - it does not mean that you have posted something useful. This particular section of the forums is for buying and selling. If you have no interest in buying anything. Go somewhere else. Your just wasting your time. (of which you probibly have too much to spare, if this is how you choose to spend it.)

Deus
03-06-2004, 01:07 AM
The PC system has been sold. Tape drive, SCSI card, tapes and SCSI cable still FS. Thx.

Jim Jones
03-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Deus
03-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Do you know what STFU means?? Huh...and no the firewall is no longer available. Dumbass.