PDA

View Full Version : Paint

Ajay
03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
In summer I want to get the side mouldings, door handles, side view mirrors and my rear license plate area painted to match the rest of my car.

Any idea how much this would cost me and what place would do a good job? I've been told to go to Concours Autobody but to expect to pay a fair amount for their work.

///M3
03-03-2004, 10:14 PM
macco = 499? i think:D
but for a good job maybe 1500 for the whole car prolly more tho. idunno about little areas of your car.

ninspeed
03-03-2004, 10:17 PM
1. please use the handy "SEARCH" button... or look down a few threads....
2. Go to any shop and ask for a quote.

Moe Man
03-04-2004, 11:21 AM
i will do it :thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
03-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Call SOS Paint and Autobody.

They did my whole kit, door handles, side mirrors, and shaved my trunk of my spoiler. WICKED work.

ask for Loc @243-2886 tell him Wayne sent ya :thumbsup:

They have this wicked rubber paint stuff that's more rigid than regular paint. Good stuff.

When I picked up my car, they were doing a honda civic, and the sparkle blue/purple paint they were using on that was :eek: .

They're by Chinook.. give him a call and see what happens..

oh yeah, and click on my gallery button to see the work they did.

brandon
03-04-2004, 12:20 PM
if you dont mind me asking how much did that run you?

maximus
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

They have this wicked rubber paint stuff that's more rigid than regular paint. Good stuff.

Any body shop can paint rubber/plastic. All you have to do is add flex agent to the paint.

Word of advice, stay away from some of the guys that will do it at home because some don't even know what flex agent is. Take it to a pofessional.

Gondi Stylez
03-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

They did my whole kit, door handles, side mirrors, and shaved my trunk of my spoiler. WICKED work.

ask for Loc @243-2886 tell him Wayne sent ya :thumbsup:

When I picked up my car, they were doing a honda civic, and the sparkle blue/purple paint they were using on that was :eek: .

They're by Chinook.. give him a call and see what happens..

oh yeah, and click on my gallery button to see the work they did.

ye how much did that run u!! i want some rust removal (sand blasted), shaving and kit install plus full car paint!

SI-vic
03-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Harbour Auto on 32nd avenue has done some wicked paint jobs on cars. About 3-4 of my friends have had their car painted there and its amazing.... well done I'd have to say.

A good paint job should run around $3000.
National does really good paint jobs too, a bunch of people that I know has had their car painted there. I can think of a handfull of people within 10sec. who painted their car there and have gotten wicked results.

izzoblitzo
03-04-2004, 04:28 PM
auumm.. I think I paid $1600 bucks for:
-fitting kit
-painting and installation of kit (4 pieces)
-painting 2 side mirrors
-painting 4 door handles
-underbumper spray protection, I think they used some kind of spray that helps protect rocks and crap behind your bumpers
But my total came out to about $2000 in the end after tax..

I also got them to reinforce the kit with braces and brackets underneath so the kit is more rigid and doesnt flop around if you were to just install it without proper bracketing.

I also had them shave my aluminum spoiler off the trunk.. and they did a good job by notifying me every step of the way so I can see the progress.. the trunk looks wicked.. and there's no signs of the welds/holes from before. (they took off the spoiler, welded the holes, sanded the whole trunk, and painted and installed it again) LOTS of work for 8 stupid lil holes.

I was pretty much doing the same thing... as in asking on the forums for advice before I stumbled upon SOS. Although I dont know much about autobody prices (they can range on the work).. but I do truly believe SOS did a wicked job for its price. For just a paintjob, its prolly expensive, but they also did all the bracket installation where it looked like alot more work was put in. Hope this helps.:angel:

my buddy went in with a pair of "skyline" taillights for his accord.. and I think they quoted him something like 80bucks to paint them. Something like that.

7thgenvic
03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
GOD i really need to get my fenders painted and hood, as well as take out a ton of dings!!!!1

how much do you guys think that would cost me??????????

that tom racing sport or whatever his name was didn't want to do it! because he was "looking for a project not a day job" thanks buddy!!!!

any suggestions ladies and gents!!!!!

JONNY

ninspeed
03-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by maximus

Any body shop can paint rubber/plastic. All you have to do is add flex agent to the paint.

Word of advice, stay away from some of the guys that will do it at home because some don't even know what flex agent is. Take it to a pofessional.
its in the clear.... clear is very very brittle.... paint has its own flex in it...

silentrage
03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
national collision

250 8155