PDA

View Full Version : Need a shop recomendation to remove a XREAS suspenion

roopi
08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Toyota advised me today that my 4 Runner has a leak in the one of the lines for the XREAS suspension and they can't just replace the line. That it would require much more work and are asking $2300. :rofl: That's not happening since it is a 2004 with almost 300,000km on it.

So after doing some research it looks as though I can remove the XREAS suspension and just replace the shocks/struts/coilovers.

Any recommendations on a some good shops to contact about this?

G-ZUS
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Minute Muffler 32nd?

CelicaST-162
08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
If you're planning on keeping the same ride height. You can just use the shocks from an SR5 Non-Xreas 4Runner. Those shocks won't have the fitting and you just put them on. You can completely remove the XREAS afterwards if you wish, or do what I did and just tie up the lines so they arent in the way after the lift was installed.

Cooked Rice
08-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Pretty simple job, about $600 for a set of 4 shocks and some rear springs and a Saturday afternoon. If you don't have seized nuts/bolts it's a breeze. Give Jackie at ZeroLimit automotive a shout.

roopi
08-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Not interested in lifting it. Just want to get it back to having a normal ride again for the best price. I also have no interest in doing this myself by I will try the shops mentioned.