PDA

View Full Version : Registry slip doesn't match insurance slip.

16hypen3sp
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
I got my CBR 1000RR back in May. I got the insurance then registration as usual. No issues there.

Today, I just happened to look over my registration slip. The make says Honda but the model says SC592E. Is that some sort of code the government uses for this model?

My insurance slip says Honda CBR 1000.

VINs on both slips match.

Not a big deal... Just wondering.

Masked Bandit
08-07-2014, 06:41 PM
You're fine, no worries at all. There are a lot of vehicles (not just bikes) that the government description doesn't match insurance / what the rest of the world calls them.

Typical example would a GM pickup. Registration labels it as a GMT-800 (or different number depending on the year) when everyone else including insurance calls it a GMC Sierra.

You're good to go.

16hypen3sp
08-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
You're fine, no worries at all. There are a lot of vehicles (not just bikes) that the government description doesn't match insurance / what the rest of the world calls them.

Typical example would a GM pickup. Registration labels it as a GMT-800 (or different number depending on the year) when everyone else including insurance calls it a GMC Sierra.

You're good to go.

I was hoping you would answer. Thanks for the quick reply. I've never seen it before so it made me confused.

Graham_A_M
08-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

You're good to go.

Excuse me Bill, but my 2012 says GMT 792.36, Im calling BS on all fronts here. :thumbsdow