PDA

View Full Version : 99 Civic SI/Turbo power

MustangFreak
03-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I have posted a couple times here, I am new, and I am here to discuss a car that I just finished building for myself. I bought my SI IN 2000, and the first thing that I thought was great i bought a ricer, but screw it, I might learn to love it. What I did was remove the factory B16 VTEC motor and swap it out for a 1995 Acura LS Integra B18B1, after trying to turbo the last 2 motors that were stock and blowing them up. I kept the origninal B16 VTEC head, and placed that above the B18 Block which contained a set of 4 JE Forged Racing Pistons, Eagle H-frame racing rods, Turbonetics t3/T4 Hybrid Stage 3 turbo, Turbonetics prototype Blow-off valve, delta wastegate, and a stand-alone FMS. The entire block including all parts has been cryotreated for max strength, and has been re-sleeved, the block is not good for 60psi. I normally boost at 22psi. My car has a Tsunami body kit, CF hood, and 16 inch black rims. Greddy exhaust has taken over, and sounds good. My car is now pushing 389 HP to the front wheels, compared to the stock Si's 160hp. the 0-60 is umknows due to the fact that I can not get traction until i get 4th, which sucks, but even with limited slip, a 6-puck racing clutch with 3200lb pressure, can not attain traction, the car was built for the freeway all the way. It pulls from 70 to 165 in about 9 seconds, and has a RPM RL of 9,500 rpm's, but I still think that my 04' Cobra is a little quicker, not sure...:) IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY CAR, GO TO http://www.blackoutsi.com/blackoutsi.htm .....and here is a pick of my DYNO TEST at the wheels at Polk Performance.....http://www.blackoutsi.com/motor_specs.htm....LET IT LOAD!!!

///M3
03-03-2004, 08:51 PM
whres the pics of this crazy sounding civic:dunno:

MustangFreak
03-03-2004, 08:53 PM
how do i post with http on this forum,

[img] or no?

MustangFreak
03-03-2004, 08:56 PM
OK, go to my website here.....http://www.blackoutsi.com/images/Civic/ TO SEE ALL OF MY PICS!!!!

FiveFreshFish
03-03-2004, 09:02 PM
That website doesn't permit direct linking, but you can save it and attach it, as long is it's no bigger than 800x600.

gwkwan
03-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by MustangFreak
My car is now pushing 389 HP to the front wheels, compared to the stock Si's 180hp. the 0-60 is umknows due to the fact that I can not get traction until i get 4th, which sucks, but even with limited slip, a 6-puck racing clutch with 3200lb pressure, can not attain traction, the car was built for the freeway all the way.
holy crap US civic si must be faster?
180hp stock?
is that @ the wheels too?

MustangFreak
03-03-2004, 09:10 PM
no, thats crankshaft hp

Ridelikeme
03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
pretty sure the USDM civic si had somethin around 164hp to the fly's.. not the wheels... but maybe thats just me, and my idea of the b16... the USDM integra gsr didnt even make 180 at the flys..... somethings not right

dont get me wrong that car is beutiful.. but u dont really know that much about the stock civic.. guess thats why u drive a mustang..

Ferio_vti
03-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by gwkwan

holy crap US civic si must be faster?
180hp stock?
is that @ the wheels too?

no, thats crankshaft hp

CDN SiR and US Si are both 160HP at the flywheel. 180HP is wrong.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=3158&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0

gwkwan
03-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

CDN SiR and US Si are both 160HP at the flywheel. 180HP is wrong.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=3158&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0

dude u fought i didnt know
i drive a honda

ecstasy_civic
03-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey guys, I have posted a couple times here, I am new, and I am here to discuss a car that I just finished building for myself. I bought my SI IN 2000, and the first thing that I thought was great i bought a ricer, but screw it, I might learn to love it. What I did was remove the factory B16 VTEC motor and swap it out for a 1995 Acura LS Integra B18B1. I kept the origninal B16 VTEC head, and placed that above the B18 Block which contained a set of 4 JE Forged Racing Pistons, Eagle H-frame racing rods, Turbonetics t3/T4 Hybrid Stage 3 turbo, Turbonetics prototype Blow-off valve, delta wastegate, and a stand-alone FMS. The entire block including all parts has been cryotreated for max strength, and has been re-sleeved, the block is not good for 60psi. I normally boost at 22psi. My car has a Tsunami body kit, CF hood, and 16 inch black rims. Greddy exhaust has taken over, and sounds good. My car is now pushing 389 HP to the front wheels, compared to the stock Si's 180hp. the 0-60 is umknows due to the fact that I can not get traction until i get 4th, which sucks, but even with limited slip, a 6-puck racing clutch with 3200lb pressure, can not attain traction, the car was built for the freeway all the way. It pulls from 70 to 165 in about 9 seconds, and has a RPM RL of 9,500 rpm's, but I still think that my 04' Cobra is a little quicker, not sure...:) IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY CAR, GO TO http://www.blackoutsi.com/blackoutsi.htm .....and here is a pick of my DYNO TEST at the wheels at Polk Performance.....http://www.blackoutsi.com/motor_specs.htm....LET IT LOAD!!!

well if that is your car, its SUPER clean.

where were those dyno sheets?
I couldnt get to it on the page.

civic_ek4
03-03-2004, 10:44 PM
It's a nice ride. But some of the things are questionable.

Yea, even in japan the JDM rice only has 170hp. Why we lost 10hp in North America is mostly because of Acura America. ANYWAYS I've seen a b-series motor pull 280hp with N/A application. Did you have that dynoed??

cappachihngo
03-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow nice ride, but some of those results are questionable...

MustangFreak
03-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Well, you guys can question the results all you want to...The facts are all on my website, I have somewhere between 9,500.00 to 11,000.00 buckaroos under the hood alone, and a stock tranny of course...(ran out of money), but it holds up for some reason. The car was dynoed at PolK Performance in Benton, AR, and they do have a website, you can find it on google. I do drive this car, and my mustang also, and they are both fun to drive. The Civic dynoed at 345 HP to the Front wheels, running 16 PSI. Another thing that keeps my ricer from exploding is the fact that the whole engine has been cryotreated to -300 degrees. It is rock solid. You can also visit my old car club website which is called LittleRockRacingScene.com and it has my 1000 ft times which were in the high 8's lown 9's. Unless they erased it, it should be on there, I am no longer with them. But anyone that wants to run em one day, gimme a holler and I will see what I can do. Dont come to me with no 450 HP ride niether, or I will have to attach my 150 Shot NX...lol. (only in emergencies) I will air my new project soon as soon as I get a website for it. This would be my 90 Nissan 240SX. And whoever said that the Civic Si was 160 CHP was correct, my bad on the 180 HP at the crank, its 160 at the crank, but with a car like mine, who gives a shit....

toyboy88
03-04-2004, 08:11 PM
nice ride, but id change the front body kit and the headlight covers. they just don't seem "COOL" to me. otherwise, very nice car!:thumbsup:

MustangFreak
03-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Well, the headlights have been replaced with new Angel Eyes Projecotrs, no more integra style lights, the projectors are recessed in the molding with the blue ring light around them. I have wired the angel eyes to flash in parellel with the turn signals. You can see pictures of this car at www.blackoutsi.com/images/civic

this is a good picture of the front end with new headlights...

http://www.blackoutsi.com/cgi-bin/i/images/Civic/2april03-1.JPG

Moe Man
03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
nice ride, but id change the front body kit and the headlight covers. they just don't seem "COOL" to me. otherwise, very nice car!:thumbsup:

i agree as well get rid of thoses headlights

BTW nice color

Seanith
03-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Those new headlights look amazing with the angel eyes :thumbsup:
BTW nice wheels, i have the same ones ;)

buh_buh
03-05-2004, 12:08 AM
nice car.
I think you should invest in a standalone though. That is probably the reason you blew up so many motors before, and if you are just using injectors and fuel pump with nothing to control the fuel, this motor won't last too long either. And I would hate to see such a nice engine go to waste. :)
You can get WAYYYY better numbers out of a built LS/VTEC turbo motor than 389whp. I've seen built LS/VTEC turbo setups make over 500whp with a standalone and proper tuning. You would also probably need a bigger turbo to break the ~450whp mark.

cappachihngo
03-05-2004, 12:56 AM
wow i like the angel eyes way more then those old lights u had:thumbsup:

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
ANOTHER THING ONCE MORE, CRYOTREATED-------THIS ENGINE IS GOOD FOR 600 HP......THIS MOTOR WILL LAST LONG ENOUGN WITH THE 389 HP THAT IT HAS......LAST LONG ENOUGH :) I RUN NOTHING BUT CASTROL SYNTEC AND LUCAS MIX, AND I DONT DRIVE MY SHIT LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL ALL OF THE TIME, ONLY WHEN IT IS TIME TO SHOW UP ONE OF THOSE NEW C5 STOCK VETTES....:) AND I DO HAVE A STANDALONE ON THIS CAR, I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE ALL THIS WORK FOR NOTHIN....255 LPH PUMP 550 INJECTORS AND THEIR OWN CONTROL SYSTEM, ACCORDING TO MY HONDATA UNIT, THE CAR IS RUNNING LIKE IT SHOULD. CRANK THAT BOOST UP TO 25 AND I CAN DEFINTLY ROCK AND ROLL. STILL WAITING ON MORE MONEY SO THAT I CAN UPGRADE TO A STAGE 4 TURBO....:)

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I COULD DEFINETLY SEE THIS MOTOR NOT LASTING LONG IF I WAS RUNNING 150 SHOT +, BUT HELL, I DONT RUN MY NOS ON THIS CAR, OR AT LEAST I HAVE NOT YET DONE SO. 389 HP IS PLENTY OF POWER TO RUN IN A 2500 POUND CAR...DONT YOU GUYS THINK? THE HP TO WEIGHT RATIO IS EXCELLENT FOR THIS CIVIC, CONSIDERING THE 2004 Z06 VETTE IS 400 HP, RATED AT 393 HP AT REAR WHEELS WEIGHTS IN AT 3200 LBS, THE ONLY THING THAT CAR HAS ON ME IS ITS TORQUE, AND I AM YET TO SEE AN IMPORT WITH MORE TORQUE THAN HP. :) WELL, I HAVE REALLY FINISHED THE DISCUSSION ON THIS CAR, I WANT TO GET SOME IDEAS FROM YOU GUYS ON MY NEW PROJECT NISSAN 240SX....ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS CAR, AND WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH IT? IT IS A 1990 MODEL, AND ITS A 4-POPPER, WHAT DO YOU THINK, SUPERCHARGE OR TURBO CHARGE? ENIGNE BUILD OR WHAT? UP TO YOU GUYS.....THANKS

PS....DONT LET ME SEE YOU DRIVING NO TYPE-S INTEGRA DOWN THE ROAD, THE CIVIC MAY EAT YOU ALIVE!!! LOL

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:15 PM
HERE IS A GREAT SHOT WITH THE ANGEL EYES ON!!!! CHECK IT OUT.....

http://www.blackoutsi.com/cgi-bin/i/images/Civic/2april03-2.jpg

^SkylinE^
03-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Your so modist and humble:thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:38 PM
THANKS...NO ARGUMENT!

xDiMSuMx
03-05-2004, 08:16 PM
there's this button on the left side of your keyboard called "Caps Lock"

u should use it

///M3
03-05-2004, 08:45 PM
ANOTHER THING ONCE MORE, CRYOTREATED-------THIS ENGINE IS GOOD FOR 600 HP......THIS MOTOR WILL LAST LONG ENOUGN WITH THE 389 HP THAT IT HAS......LAST LONG ENOUGH :) I RUN NOTHING BUT CASTROL SYNTEC AND LUCAS MIX, AND I DONT DRIVE MY SHIT LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL ALL OF THE TIME, ONLY WHEN IT IS TIME TO SHOW UP ONE OF THOSE NEW C5 STOCK VETTES....:) AND I DO HAVE A STANDALONE ON THIS CAR, I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE ALL THIS WORK FOR NOTHIN....255 LPH PUMP 550 INJECTORS AND THEIR OWN CONTROL SYSTEM, ACCORDING TO MY HONDATA UNIT, THE CAR IS RUNNING LIKE IT SHOULD. CRANK THAT BOOST UP TO 25 AND I CAN DEFINTLY ROCK AND ROLL. STILL WAITING ON MORE MONEY SO THAT I CAN UPGRADE TO A STAGE 4 TURBO....:)
turbo SR20 your 240, then get a strawberry face conversion, nice rims and your set.

///M3
03-05-2004, 08:48 PM
s15
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~dds250/photo/c/s15-01.jpg:thumbsup:

rage2
03-05-2004, 08:53 PM
If you're making 345whp, you're maxxing out your 550cc injectors. In fact, you may be running lean at peak HP. Check your hondata maps by viewing them in duty cycle mode.

If you're gonna crank up the boost, or use nitrous, or make ANY more power, upgrade the injectors, or you will blow something up.

Inthered
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Nice clean car with alot of power to back it up. There's not to many cars on these roads with the power to back up the looks.

Nice attitude too.:rolleyes:

Wildcat
03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
clean car, the turbo and everything is great but... do you drive with a gangsta lean?

MustangFreak
03-07-2004, 06:02 PM
nah, the injecotrs do need to be upgraded, when i can get some money

MustangFreak
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
ahahahaha

MoNKeE
03-21-2004, 09:56 PM
what are you laughing at.:confused:

three.eighteen.
03-21-2004, 10:37 PM
injectors are cheap shit compared to everything else youve bought...

blackoutsi
11-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I have posted a couple times here, I am new, and I am here to discuss a car that I just finished building for myself. I bought my SI IN 2000, and the first thing that I thought was great i bought a ricer, but screw it, I might learn to love it. What I did was remove the factory B16 VTEC motor and swap it out for a 1995 Acura LS Integra B18B1, after trying to turbo the last 2 motors that were stock and blowing them up. I kept the origninal B16 VTEC head, and placed that above the B18 Block which contained a set of 4 JE Forged Racing Pistons, Eagle H-frame racing rods, Turbonetics t3/T4 Hybrid Stage 3 turbo, Turbonetics prototype Blow-off valve, delta wastegate, and a stand-alone FMS. The entire block including all parts has been cryotreated for max strength, and has been re-sleeved, the block is not good for 60psi. I normally boost at 22psi. My car has a Tsunami body kit, CF hood, and 16 inch black rims. Greddy exhaust has taken over, and sounds good. My car is now pushing 389 HP to the front wheels, compared to the stock Si's 160hp. the 0-60 is umknows due to the fact that I can not get traction until i get 4th, which sucks, but even with limited slip, a 6-puck racing clutch with 3200lb pressure, can not attain traction, the car was built for the freeway all the way. It pulls from 70 to 165 in about 9 seconds, and has a RPM RL of 9,500 rpm's, but I still think that my 04' Cobra is a little quicker, not sure...:) IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY CAR, GO TO http://www.blackoutsi.com/blackoutsi.htm .....and here is a pick of my DYNO TEST at the wheels at Polk Performance.....http://www.blackoutsi.com/motor_specs.htm....LET IT LOAD!!!

By the way, I built that car, it's my website you're stealing info from.. let's see..your numbers are wrong, and you're a tool. Not trying to personally attack you, but that's identity theft as far as I'm concerned. I don't think there is a twin of my car running around in the same town in BFE Arkansas.

I am the webmaster of blackoutsi.com because it's my site. Actually, that site is no longer used for anything but linking pics(try going there and looking at it). My new site is blackoutperformance.com and I urge you to register on there so we can be free of any moderation that might happen here.

If you're going to steal information and call it your own, then at least get the numbers and facts right. I did not spend that much money and hard work on that car to have someone register on here and call it their own.

I sold the car to a coworker almost a year ago, and he blew it up the 3rd day he had it. Since then, it has yet to move 3 miles under it's own power. If anyone doesn't believe me, I'll be on AIM this evening under Blackoutsi. Kinda funny, same screen name as MY site. I'm not getting nasty yet, because this isn't my board. Please come register on blackoutperformance.com so we can work this out on my turf. :D

http://www.tekgirlkix.com/images/pictures/trophy.jpg

Here..how about this. This is a pic of ME holding MY trophy in front of what used to be MY car. Notice the shirt says LRRS (little rock racing scene). Not much point in trying to go there, it's a private board and I highly doubt you are a member. If anyone on this board needs more than that, let me know. I have hundreds of pics, time slips, trophies, dyno charts, etc to back this up.

Mods, this member needs to be banned/deleted. Identity theft is not cool. Expect to hear from several others on this as well. I think this topic will make it's way to LRRS and my board pretty soon.

Superesc
11-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Thread Close.

2003KBcobra
11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I am a member of LRRS as well.... Mustangfreak is lying and needs to be busted out about it.

And the 04 cobra you're claiming....I know who owns that too so you might wanna quit claiming that one too.

TEKgirlKIX
11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Indentity theft AND copyright infringement...and he could possibly throw a fit over the bandwidth since he is still currently the webmaster of blackoutsi.com. I'm his fiance ... I took the pic of him in front of the car with the trophy. Hell, I don't figure you folks need any more proof than what he put up here that the MustangFreak is bogus. I find it funny that he claims to be drving it when the damn thing hasn't moved 3 feet in a year! BlackOutSi is also the proud owner of a 240 coupe. I have never seen anything this bogus since I met the internet.

P.S. Nice site by the way! :)

GoChris
11-29-2004, 02:06 PM
well he was banned so I would think that they dont need more proof and did take care of it.
:)

deleon13
11-29-2004, 02:06 PM
This is BS the new owner of the car is named tom. i work with him also. you are teh Ghey!!! -ed

blackoutsi
11-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks to the mods for the help, it's much appreciated :thumbsup:

roboskittle
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
This guy is still a tool and needs to be brought out into publics eye. I have worked and lived next to the real Blackoutsi for the past 3 years. He is a great guy and I cannot believe some asshat is trying to take credit for his work and hard earned money. Why the hell do people have to be so counterfit. :guns:

Lorcinls1
12-08-2004, 05:38 PM
dam and i was just about to call him out on his mustang B.S.
I saw another thread where he claimed he has never been beaten by an f-body. well we just had the Thunder Racing Southern shoot out here and i can say that there were many f-bodies there including mine that would have left him sitting at the tree.

p.s. here is a site where thunder racing's car dragged the rear bumper

http://home.comcast.net/~bkrzewinski/thunderwheelie.wmv

Lorcinls1
12-08-2004, 05:48 PM
i checked the site that i posted and it works, see i have it on dvd. this car is a 6 speed and believe it or not he shifted into 2 while in the air.

93SuperScort
12-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I felt a bit of :bullshit: goin on, that guy is so fuckin cocky
OWNED!!!
Nice car BTW Blackoutsi, thats a big compliment from me cause im almost anti-honda, but when people have the power to back it up then i give my respect :)

noodles
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
i wonder if people get their jolly's outta that shit? ive dealt with turd furgusson's like this before stealing friends pix on cardomain.
gotta be some 11 year old kid who has been watchin too much fast and the furious.

turbo'dGSR
12-10-2004, 02:27 AM
thats brutal mustangfreak. why would someone put so much time and effort into trying to prove that is your car??:dunno:

crazy vid btw!