PDA

View Full Version : The worlds most powerful sedan

Pages : [1] 2

Maxt
08-13-2014, 01:51 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1093849_2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-is-worlds-most-powerful-sedan?fbfanpage.
Heavier than the challenger , but faster.

speedog
08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
There'll be many that have a big hate-on for this car but the thing has impressive numbers that can't be denied - what a beast.

mr2mike
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I'd rather the MB S65 personally for driveable power.

Sugarphreak
08-13-2014, 02:15 PM

schocker
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
All the pics here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7022893-The-2015-Dodge-Charger-Hellcat-is-officially-the-fastest-and-most-powerful-sedan-in-the-world
I would never buy one over the competition, but it looks super nice and so much power :burnout:

Mitsu3000gt
08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Doesn't seem that impressive to me at all, lots of less powerful cars have similar or better numbers, are built WAY better, and are much nicer to drive, especially day to day. Same old story of stuffing a gigantic engine into a very average car and banking on the HP numbers for sales.

Definitely has it's target market, but I can't see the appeal at all.

mr2mike
08-13-2014, 02:33 PM
1970's all over again....

Target market it to get the kids of the 70's who couldn't afford a muscle car back then and now have the money.

It'll sell well. Interested to see if it appreciates like the 1M.

Lex350
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
You lost me @ Dodge

mr2mike
08-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
You lost me @ Dodge

That's why he didn't put Dodge in the title so people would click the link thinking they'd see a new M series or something.

Sugarphreak
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM

mr2mike
08-13-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm wondering that.
People coming up today don't have the same love for 'merican Muscle. It'll probably be a squirreled away less than 5,000km '91 EK that drops everyone's jaws at barrett jackson in 2034.

DeleriousZ
08-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Does this not sound like a terrible idea to sell this to regular public? Nobody needs that much power in a road car/daily driver.

Can't wait to see all the 'hellcat fail' videos of people driving them sideways into poles.

austic
08-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Not a fan of the brand, but I love that they are doing this. In an age where the fun cars a dying out to fuel efficiently and emissions standards I love seeing a company make something fun.

Sugarphreak
08-13-2014, 02:46 PM

Aleks
08-13-2014, 02:46 PM
So what other car does an 11s 1/4 mile stock? Yes some will do 0-60 in the 3s range due to AWD launch (S8, S63) but 11s flat, I can't think of anything that's close to that in 4 doors stock. :nut:

I'm sure those two I mentioned are nicer all around and they should be as they likely cost 2x as much :dunno:

Sugarphreak
08-13-2014, 02:51 PM

Disoblige
08-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Porsche Panamera Turbo does it in 11.6... also 4 doors
It's only 162k base price, no biggie.

Kloubek
08-13-2014, 03:20 PM
162k, and they couldn't do something about making that stupid faux side vent functional...

I'd still rock it.

schocker
08-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

It's only 162k base price, no biggie.
RS7 and CLS amg s do it for only a shade over $100!

Freedom69
08-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
So what other car does an 11s 1/4 mile stock? Yes some will do 0-60 in the 3s range due to AWD launch (S8, S63) but 11s flat, I can't think of anything that's close to that in 4 doors stock. :nut:

I'm sure those two I mentioned are nicer all around and they should be as they likely cost 2x as much :dunno:

They "Claim" the car did the 1/4 Mile in 11 flat on basically street tires and 0-60 in the 3's.

This video they do 0-60 over and over again, and I think the best time is 4.5 seconds. This is the charger, but the heavier Challenger is not going to be faster regardless of what they say about traction being better because of the extra weight...

To get an almost 4600 lb car down the 1/4 mile in 11 flat would take Drag Radials for sure to start and at least 600-650 WHP and the 700 +HP they say it has is at the Crank. This would mean maybe 530-550 WHP, so I'd guess it might do the 1/4 mile around 11.8 - 12 seconds at best with the best air possible on Street tires.

pE-mB028nGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-mB028nGc

I like cars period, and can't wait to see what this car can actually do. The only issue I see is that although it'll be a blast for the Dodge lovers, it won't be so much for those that want to mod the car being that it is a Mopar. They better hope that HP Tuners works out the kinks so they can do a good tune on the car, or the buyer will be limited to what they get from the dealer.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Dodge is doing this because it'll force all the other companies to step their games up

:thumbsup:

94boosted
08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Same old story of stuffing a gigantic engine into a very average car and banking on the HP numbers for sales.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, this recipe has worked for decades.

benyl
08-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by schocker

RS7 and CLS amg s do it for only a shade over $100!

M5 competition pack breaks into the 11s at 11.9

The E63 is in the mid to low 11s. Same weight, less HP, but AWD.

schocker
08-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by benyl
M5 competition pack breaks into the 11s at 11.9

The E63 is in the mid to low 11s. Same weight, less HP, but AWD.
I checked and even the heavy S8 does 3.5 0-60 & 11.8 1/4. S6 does 3.7 0-60 can't find 1/4.

To compare RWD, M6 gran coupe, 3.5 0-60 11.7 1/4

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5-2

So 707 hp gives you only 3.7 0-60 but that 1/4 mile time is pretty crazy.

Maxt
08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1263461/events/3250484

Charger unveiling.

corsvette
08-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Neat car for sure..But I'll wait for the CTS-V.

rage2
08-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
ESP lights blinking all the way till about 120-130km/h when you floor it under that speed isn't really drivable haha.

civic_stylez
08-13-2014, 07:17 PM

THIS! :thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
08-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by rage2

ESP lights blinking all the way till about 120-130km/h when you floor it under that speed isn't really drivable haha.

Whats even more interesting is that the power specs on the S65 really havn't changed in 10 years - the 2014 model has only 15 more horses than the 2004 model.

Gotta say though, that Challenger is a sharp looking ride, and at 60k, a bargain. (although I would take a 2010 S65 over it)

heavyD
08-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Not the biggest Dodge fan but it kind of looks hot. That's a lot of car for the money.

speedog
08-13-2014, 09:41 PM

It has a daily driver key... the non-red key, which drops it down 200hp or so and probably tames it with ass loads of traction control and interference nanny systems.

I don't know, that takes away from the fun... I could see my wife hiding the red key. Then you don't have the worlds most powerful sedan anymore
500 is probably plenty for many.

rx7_turbo2
08-13-2014, 09:55 PM
I think the numbers are impressive, I agree it's a lot of car for the dollar, but for me I just don't get it. I've never liked the styling of the Challenger, and the Charger is even worse. If you want to be a light to light hooligan this will be the car of choice that's for sure. I can think of any number of cars I would take over this car, but I'm not it's target demo, for a certain group of people this thing must be the Holy Grail.

rage2
08-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Whats even more interesting is that the power specs on the S65 really havn't changed in 10 years - the 2014 model has only 15 more horses than the 2004 model.
Tire widths are the same too. Those puny 275s out back can't handle the motor.

Maxt
08-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
I think the numbers are impressive, I agree it's a lot of car for the dollar, but for me I just don't get it. I've never liked the styling of the Challenger, and the Charger is even worse. If you want to be a light to light hooligan this will be the car of choice that's for sure. I can think of any number of cars I would take over this car, but I'm not it's target demo, for a certain group of people this thing must be the Holy Grail.
It is a generational thing, it's a throwback to old Mopar. Most people who haven't looked at the roots of the brand or are not old enough, only know it for its mundane products when it was fighting just to stay afloat. When I was a young kid, there were still some of Chryco's more adventurous cars on the roads, 340 darts, Gtx's and chargers, and you could still buy vehicles from Dodge that were loud and brash, like Macho package power wagons and boogie vans that came stock with a painting of some nubile chick on the side wielding Excalibur. In Dodge's own words from back then, they made Adult toys.
It's a muscle car, although they have loaded it down with a lot of modern conveniences. There are some people who think this should be a totally stripped down lean machine with that kind of power, but really, again, the guys who are going to buy this are 40+, and are going to want to be able to drive this to work, enjoy their a/c and cruise in some comfort, haul some stuff in the trunk take the whole family for spin, it's not suppose to be a Viper. Comparing this to some ultra high end overpriced MB is wrong to though, because that is a different buyer again , thats a guy who wants to impress his neighbors with how much he can spend on that car, not how much car he got for what he spent. It's a different statement all together.
I'm a diehard mopar guy except for my small rotary addiction, and I am also pretty frugal, that being said, this is the only car I would ever consider buying new, because the price isn't outlandish. For guys like myself, we've been waiting a long time for this car. I can throw the whole family in the car, fill it up on straight 91 octane hit the gas and see Jesus.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 07:03 AM

Tik-Tok
08-14-2014, 07:29 AM
The difference though, is that the Charger is a large sedan. Of the list you have, only the M3 and S4 are small sedans, and not nearly as spacious of interiors.

To be fair, you would have to compare it to a S6, or M5.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 07:43 AM

Aleks
08-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
The difference though, is that the Charger is a large sedan. Of the list you have, only the M3 and S4 are small sedans, and not nearly as spacious of interiors.

To be fair, you would have to compare it to a S6, or M5.

Also the S4 and M3 have like half the hp haha. The point of this car is insane stock hp levels for money. Like title says it's the most powerful sedan on the market. Not most luxurious or best handling, or best in bad weather etc. I get a feeling that most of this car's potential customers live in areas of USA where it likely doesn't snow.

Tik-Tok
08-14-2014, 07:50 AM

I don't think so; I know somebody with a charger and I've riden around in it... it is by far one of the shittiest new cars I've ever had the displeasure of riding in. It isn't nearly as big inside as you would think, I'd put it on par with the Neon actually in terms of shittyness and interior space.

If I gave you 60K USD right now and you had no choice but to pick a car with it... would you take the 700hp Charger, or would you take one of the other cars I mentioned?

I wouldn't buy a Chrysler product, period, however you can't compare Apple's to oranges. Someone wanting a sedan, isn't looking at a vette lol.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 08:04 AM

spike98
08-14-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't think so; I know somebody with a charger and I've riden around in it... it is by far one of the shittiest new cars I've ever had the displeasure of riding in. It isn't nearly as big inside as you would think, I'd put it on par with the Neon actually in terms of shittyness and interior space.

If I gave you 60K USD right now and you had no choice but to pick a car with it... would you take the 700hp Charger, or would you take one of the other cars I mentioned?

I agree with a lot of what you said so far but to say the charger is on par with a neon is fucking retarded. I currently own a MY13 charger and its one of the most spacious sedans i have drove/been a passenger in.

No its not an SUV but lets not sensationalize your point here.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 08:26 AM

mr2mike
08-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Had a rental Charger. V6. Interior was spacious not sure what sugarfreak is talking about. But it's bulky. I got the grandpa suspension version. Pretty soft for a sporty car and even pulling the Traction ecu and turning trac off. Getting the car sideways was harder than other vehicles. The stability control still kicked in right away.
With 700hp is suspect it's the big dick swingers that'll buy it to spout off on the hp # not the actual quarter mile since they'd never track it anyway.

heavyD
08-14-2014, 08:59 AM

I found myself agreeing with this at first... but when I started thinking about it a bit more, I don't think I agree anymore.

They have a target starting price of 60K USD. It is going to be rare and in demand, so MSRP is probably the minimum.

Some other cars that are similar prices (USD prices) are;
BMW M3/M4 which are low 60K,
The S4/S5 which are both well under 60K
Ford GT500 which is 54K (662hp/631ft-lbts)
Cayman S at 64K
Chevy Corvette Stringray Z51 at 57K

....I'd have just about every other car above over this;

-The M3/M4 would simply be a better track car
-The S4/S5 would be a way better daily driver in terms of passenger comfort and dealing with bad weather.
-The Ford GT500 will be put together nicer and will probably do similar performance specs for a lot less.
-Cayman S would make a far better track car and is really the purist option here
-Chevy Corvette does pretty much everything better; looks, track, streetable, etc.

So really it isn't a lot of car for the money. It just happens to have more horses under the hood. Really, would you walk past all of the cars above and plunk down 60K USD on a Charger with a big engine?

...then again what do I know. I plunked down 26K on a Fiesta, haha

I believe the Calgary audience here simply doesn't have an understanding of the demographic this car is intended. One thing I realized being part of Mustang forums is how many good old boys still live in the southern US that absolutely love this kind of car. You only have to look at the combined sales of Charger, Camaro and Mustang to see that these cars are still massively popular in the US as they sell more of these cars than luxury makers sell cars period in North America. That's the demographic not snobby Calgarians that all lease German cars to provide the appearance they are richer than they really are.

n1zm0
08-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I think the front end change is pretty good, but I'd rather have the Eau Rouge Q50 if they ever made it.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 09:19 AM

rx7_turbo2
08-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

It is a generational thing, it's a throwback to old Mopar. Most people who haven't looked at the roots of the brand or are not old enough, only know it for its mundane products when it was fighting just to stay afloat. When I was a young kid, there were still some of Chryco's more adventurous cars on the roads, 340 darts, Gtx's and chargers, and you could still buy vehicles from Dodge that were loud and brash, like Macho package power wagons and boogie vans that came stock with a painting of some nubile chick on the side wielding Excalibur. In Dodge's own words from back then, they made Adult toys.
It's a muscle car, although they have loaded it down with a lot of modern conveniences. There are some people who think this should be a totally stripped down lean machine with that kind of power, but really, again, the guys who are going to buy this are 40+, and are going to want to be able to drive this to work, enjoy their a/c and cruise in some comfort, haul some stuff in the trunk take the whole family for spin, it's not suppose to be a Viper. Comparing this to some ultra high end overpriced MB is wrong to though, because that is a different buyer again , thats a guy who wants to impress his neighbors with how much he can spend on that car, not how much car he got for what he spent. It's a different statement all together.
I'm a diehard mopar guy except for my small rotary addiction, and I am also pretty frugal, that being said, this is the only car I would ever consider buying new, because the price isn't outlandish. For guys like myself, we've been waiting a long time for this car. I can throw the whole family in the car, fill it up on straight 91 octane hit the gas and see Jesus.
This.

You're not alone either. I don't see them having trouble selling every one they make. The car won't get a whole lot of love here on Beyond, members too young, car doesn't have the "cache" of a Merc or BMW could be a number of reasons. Hopefully this car/cars is the start of a new era for the brand, there's certainly a lot of die hard Mopar guys that have been waiting for something like this.

benyl
08-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I think it is awesome bang for the buck.

I just wish manufacturers would work on making cars lighter. Just adding horsepower isn't the answer.

heavyD
08-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
I think the front end change is pretty good, but I'd rather have the Eau Rouge Q50 if they ever made it.

That car is expected to be priced at or over $100k US.

heavyD
08-14-2014, 10:24 AM
I think it is awesome bang for the buck.

I just wish manufacturers would work on making cars lighter. Just adding horsepower isn't the answer.

All the required safety equipment comes with a weight penalty. I think manufacturers are trying but aluminum and carbon fiber cost more than steel and consumers if faced with the option of lighter car that costs 15% more vs heavier car are as a whole always going to opt with the option that's easier on their wallet.

heavyD
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM

Just pulled from a Kijiji ad... it isn't the nicest interior, lots of hard plastics and it just feels bland. It really does remind me of the Neon (SX2.0) interior a lot.

I owned a 2005 SRT-4 and I beg to differ. If anything that looks like a mid-2000 GM interior more akin to a Cobalt.

Mitsu3000gt
08-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Maybe different trim or year model... the one the person I know has is a total POS.

+1 on this one...I've been in a couple different Chargers/Challengers now and honestly they are perhaps the largest POS cars I have ever experienced (IMHO). I know a couple people with them, a friend in CPS uses one, and I've had them as rentals. You could not pay me to own one of those things. I would agree the general quality is roughly on par with late 90's, early 2000's American garbage(Cavilier, GrandAm, etc.)...I would also bet the profit margin on those cars is the highest in the segment.

Anyway, I realize I'm not the target market for a Hellcat, but there are dozens of other high HP, similar performing cars that actually make you feel like you get your money's worth when you get in it every day.

corsvette
08-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Here's another option. For $45K US (can't get them in Canada) you could have the Chevy SS, which has been called a bargain M5 by many. It will also be available with a manual transmission this year. I love this car. Nowhere near the HP of the hellcat, but still a very quick and balanced car, it's taken first place in all the Charger/SS comparos.

We all should consider us very lucky to have these kinds of cars available. 30 years ago the most powerful sedan probably had around 150HP and knocked down 17 sec 1/4's. Now we have a fast ass Dodge, 2dr or 4dr, Cadillac V series, Chevy's SS, and of course all the high powered Audi's and Benz. Now we wait to see if Ford brings us a fast four door and if Infiniti builds the GTR powered Q50.

http://i59.tinypic.com/5fm8lw.jpg

Mitsu3000gt
08-14-2014, 10:55 AM
^^ Not trying to be rude, but other than having 4 doors, how is that even close to a M5 in any category except for perhaps grip? The M5 is ~3 times the price and it shows.

I agree though, it's nice to have 400+ HP 4 second 0-60 cars at shockingly low prices compared to even 10 years ago. It wasn't that long ago that 4.X second cars were mostly just on posters in people's bedrooms.

benyl
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
The SS is more like a poor man's C63 with a bit more girth.

Aleks
08-14-2014, 11:38 AM

Just pulled from a Kijiji ad... it isn't the nicest interior, lots of hard plastics and it just feels bland. It really does remind me of the Neon (SX2.0) interior a lot.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/r-kAAOSwQItT6~MK/$_20.JPG

Anyway, I am not suggesting that this new charger is going to be crap inside... I am sure it will be very nice.

It looks a bit nicer.

http://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/8/13/super/5936276142014482945.jpg
http://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/8/13/super/18686345121122938521.jpg
http://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/8/13/super/14994181071702137956.jpg

corsvette
08-14-2014, 11:47 AM
^^ Not trying to be rude, but other than having 4 doors, how is that even close to a M5 in any category except for perhaps grip? The M5 is ~3 times the price and it shows.

I agree though, it's nice to have 400+ HP 4 second 0-60 cars at shockingly low prices compared to even 10 years ago. It wasn't that long ago that 4.X second cars were mostly just on posters in people's bedrooms.

I've read all the car mags compare the SS to the M5....it's like a poor mans version of it. Every single SS review seems to mention how much this car is a bargain M5.

It's funny how only a handful of 4.x second 0-60 car's existed not long ago, those numbers were reserved for the truly exotic cars with six figure price tags. Now the fastest are dipping into the mid 2 second range and family sedans with V8's are in the mid 4's. I watched a Lexus IS-F following a gorgeous 512TR the other day, I couldn't help but think how badly the Lexus would spank the glorious Ferrari in any performance match.

rx7_turbo2
08-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
http://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/8/13/super/5936276142014482945.jpg
[/B]

I don't know how unique you can make a steering wheel but very similar.

http://static1.thinhphatmedia.vn/cafeauto/imagedata/hinhanh/xetheohang/2012/06/tuan-03/mercedesbenzc63amgblackseriescoupe//40.jpg

corsvette
08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
The Chargers interior looks awesome. Fiat/Chrysler interiors lately are excellent.

mr2mike
08-14-2014, 12:24 PM
@Sugarfreak. YEs the interior looks cheap and plastic on the base and modest models. Totally agree. They went el cheapo to save money.

That wheel looks like a complete rip off. But the alcantra will feel much better than that Dodge leather one.

clem24
08-14-2014, 12:49 PM
So funny how people are saying "oh Panamera Turbo is just as quick" or "M5" or "E63" but those cars are easily easily what, $20-30 MORE? Hell you can buy the Charger Hellcat *AND* the Challenger Hellcat for the price of the Panamera Turbo.

It's a nice car for sure and I definitely like the Charger more than the Challenger. I really appreciate that Chrysler is doing something so insane. But Dodge is just not for me.

benyl
08-14-2014, 12:51 PM
The window switch gear (power mirrors) look to be from the same supplier in the Hellcat and the benz.

Benz's also have rotary headlight switches with a chrome rim and are a bit nicer than plain black plastic.

It's a pity they stuck with the base model pedals. Some metal ones with rubber nubs would be nice. haha.

Real carbon or aluminium trim would have been nicer than fake carbon look.

Contrast stitching is nice. The door cards are nice too.

It's not bad for $60K.

max_boost
08-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Cool car. Fast car. Where can I drive it really fast? lol

rage2
08-14-2014, 01:18 PM
The window switch gear (power mirrors) look to be from the same supplier in the Hellcat and the benz.

Benz's also have rotary headlight switches with a chrome rim and are a bit nicer than plain black plastic.
Both those are from the last generation Benz's. Our B200 has the exact same switches and buttons. Carryover stuff from the Daimler Chrysler generation.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/2009-mercedes-benz-b-class-5-thumb.jpg

Tik-Tok
08-14-2014, 01:37 PM
You are side stepping my question, haha

Say hypoethically Mr. Typical in the market for a sedan to transport around his wife and 1.5 kids. The wife gives the go ahead to spend 60K on a car... awesome.

Now Mr. Typical is 47.5 years of age and wants a little performance in his life... he loves the old muscle car days, but he is getting older and also wants AC and a few other luxuries at his age, in addition to 4 doors for his one and a half kids.

Does Mr Typical:
a) Buy an S4 sedan which still has remarkabley good performance, AWD, luxury features, and is very comfy all around... plus take some of that extra cash he saved and chip it? (A chipped S4 will do 0-60mph in 4.2s)

b) Buy a charger with 700hp, let his wife take away the fun key, and put up with the shitty build quality, the risk of losing the tail on the highway with RWD, and the noisy and uncomfortable ride? He might have the most powerful sedan in the world, but he now has to sleep on the most uncomfortable couch in the world for a month.

In this case, Mr.Typical is the target audience of Chrysler, so Mr.Typical weighs in at 300 lbs, his wife 350lbs, his two teenagers at 250lbs each.

Mr.Typical's family doesn't fit in a S3, or M3, and even if they did, Mr.Typical only buys Americun.

I wouldn't, but I'm not Chrysler demographic either.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 01:48 PM

benyl
08-14-2014, 01:56 PM
There is one problem with the assumption. Mr Typical can't afford a new $60k car.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 01:57 PM

Tik-Tok
08-14-2014, 01:59 PM
There is one problem with the assumption. Mr Typical can't afford a new $60k car.

That doesn't matter, it's 'merica after all, land of leverage and debt. That settlement from his workplace "accident" covers enough for a down payment, and when his lawsuit against the family of the child he ran over comes through (because it's not HIS fault the child ran in front of the car), he can buy it out.

'mericuh.

clem24
08-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Fair enough :rofl:

I think we need to find a google picture of Mr Typical now

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130811052614/kingofthehill/images/f/ff/Hank-hill-sells-propane-and-propane-accsesories.jpg

Ca_Silvia13
08-14-2014, 02:30 PM
4 pages and not one person mentions the inevitable transmission and diff problems dodge is known for? I mean when the Hemi Rams came out every person I knew went through 2-3 trannys AND diffs over 3-4 years. 700hp not a chance

max_boost
08-14-2014, 03:53 PM

But.... can he lease it for 84 months? :werd:

ain't nobody got time for cash payments except you phreak

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 04:01 PM

max_boost
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Beyond is blocked at his workplace and when he's home he's too busy growing his vegetable garden :D

Sugarphreak
08-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Maxt
08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
This is a fast car the average beyonder can interac instead of heloc. ;)

Darell_n
08-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
4 pages and not one person mentions the inevitable transmission and diff problems dodge is known for? I mean when the Hemi Rams came out every person I knew went through 2-3 trannys AND diffs over 3-4 years. 700hp not a chance

Of course nothing could have changed in 11 years, right? The ZF 8-speeds are the best features in their V8 vehicles.

90_Shelby
08-14-2014, 07:41 PM

.......we've been waiting a long time for this car. I can throw the whole family in the car, fill it up on straight 91 octane hit the gas and see Jesus.

http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/seinfeld.gif

Graham_A_M
08-14-2014, 08:31 PM
First car Dodge has made since 1972 Ive ever been interested in.

Looks like a very very fun and capable DD, but can really scream when it wants to.

Do want. :hitit:

This. Plus the electrical issues.... It would be hard to justify dropping this kind of coin, only to end up in this exact situation.

These two issues among many others is why Ive always avoided Dodge, but this sure looks intriguing.

Ca_Silvia13
08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n

Of course nothing could have changed in 11 years, right? The ZF 8-speeds are the best features in their V8 vehicles.

707hp for a drive train rated for 425.... SRTs are already known to have tranny problems

I'm sure the car would be great if it works

Darell_n
08-14-2014, 08:45 PM

707hp for a drive train rated for 425.... SRTs are already known to have tranny problems

I'm sure the car would be great if it works

Go do your homework as you don't seem to have a clue.

benyl
08-14-2014, 10:23 PM

Go do your homework as you don't seem to have a clue. :thumbsup:

I'm wondering if you can disable all the nannies. If so, I foresee a lot of carnage.

Benny
08-14-2014, 11:18 PM
The Hellcat Charger and Challenger are both ridiculously batshit awesome. It's fantastic that a car at that price can go like that.

Some of you guys go out of your way to shit on this car in any way possible. Haters gon hate.

clem24
08-15-2014, 09:10 AM
:thumbsup:

I'm wondering if you can disable all the nannies. If so, I foresee a lot of carnage.

Haha the C63 needs new rear tires every year. This thing is gonna need at least a set a month!

benyl
08-15-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-culture/the-9-most-powerful-four-door-sedans-in-america-cdsynd?src=soc_fcbks

Disoblige
08-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Everytime you floor this thing, $5.00 :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Kind of silly for an article to just look at HP and ignore all other important stats like torque, weight, and actual performance.

If someone came out with a 708 HP sedan tomorrow, but it weighed 50,000 lbs, it would also be the "most powerful".

It's like saying "I can go 1,500 km on a tank of gas" without mentioning how big the tank is.

Curious to see what problems arise as the 707HP reveals whatever corners they cut this time. Maybe I will be surprised, but my bet is that the rest of the car doesn't handle the power too well. Taking a very average car and dropping a massive motor in it doesn't sound like the best plan.

I also think it needs way wider tires or AWD haha. That motor is going to absolutely wreck rear tires (or rear brakes if TCS works like that).

Any word on Canadian pricing yet? I'm guessing $75-80K, maybe more if Dodge lets dealers do whatever they want.

Sugarphreak
08-15-2014, 10:58 AM

Aleks
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Kind of silly for an article to just look at HP and ignore all other important stats like torque, weight, and actual performance.

If someone came out with a 708 HP sedan tomorrow, but it weighed 50,000 lbs, it would also be the "most powerful".

It's like saying "I can go 1,500 km on a tank of gas" without mentioning how big the tank is.

Curious to see what problems arise as the 707HP reveals whatever corners they cut this time. Maybe I will be surprised, but my bet is that the rest of the car doesn't handle the power too well. Taking a very average car and dropping a massive motor in it doesn't sound like the best plan.

I also think it needs way wider tires or AWD haha. That motor is going to absolutely wreck rear tires (or rear brakes if TCS works like that).

Any word on Canadian pricing yet? I'm guessing $75-80K, maybe more if Dodge lets dealers do whatever they want.

Challenger Hellcat is $63,995 so this is likely to be a little less than that. Canadian dealers also aren't allowed to markup unless they add their own accessories.

Darell_n
08-15-2014, 12:20 PM
"At full throttle, the Charger Hellcat will empty its gas tank in 13 minutes. Crazy."

Not too much fun for the track if you keep having to come in for fuel every couple of laps :rofl:

I'm trying to like this car... it is very cool that they have shoved so much power into it, the interior is also stepped up a bit.... but I am grasping to find something else positive about it.

I guess the main issue I have with this is the same as the big horsepower Bentley’s… what are you actually going to do with this car? Show it off at Mopar meets?

200mph for 13 minutes is a good range. Any speeds slower and the time to empty will be significantly longer as nobody is holding peak HP on a track for more than a few seconds.

clem24
08-15-2014, 01:09 PM

200mph for 13 minutes is a good range. Any speeds slower and the time to empty will be significantly longer as nobody is holding peak HP on a track for more than a few seconds.

Another few minutes and the tires will be done too. ;)

rx7_turbo2
08-15-2014, 02:32 PM
what are you actually going to do with this car? Show it off at Mopar meets?

I'm asking myself the same question. I've decided there must be an intangible quality that I'm missing or is lost on me.

As for showing it off at a Mopar meet, for some that would be worth the purchase. I'd have to think one of these Hellcats would put you top of the heap. Nothing wrong with that either. Most of the car shows I go too consist of many cars I don't understand or care about. I can use the recent Euro car show at Stanely Park as an example. I don't even bother with the VW section, the Lambos do nothing for me I skip right by, Ferrari's I'll linger a little. Porsche I'll stand and stare all day. Yet for some, all 911's look like VW Beetles.

More choice out there the better I say, even if I don't get "it"

mr2mike
08-15-2014, 07:25 PM
This car is for people that don't want to modify themselves. Buy. Show up at shows. People ogle. They get their rocks off and drive it home.

rx7_turbo2
08-15-2014, 07:58 PM
and drive it home.

Quickly :burnout:

Maxt
08-15-2014, 08:49 PM
The only thing I am upset about is this car is going to delay my retirement plan.

Darell_n
08-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Waiting for a Hellcat Jeep anouncement next month.

rx7_turbo2
08-15-2014, 09:44 PM
The only thing I am upset about is this car is going to delay my retirement plan.

Ya you might have to work for an extra month or two. ;)

Cooked Rice
08-17-2014, 08:56 PM
This car is for people that don't want to modify themselves. Buy. Show up at shows. People ogle. They get their rocks off and drive it home.

You also get to retain your warranty as well.

mrsingh
08-19-2014, 11:45 AM
There are lots of people who love this kind of car. I just showed this and the Challenger Hellcat to my manager, and he thanked me for delaying paying off his house LOL.

flipstah
08-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Best value for money, relative to other things!

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--yATdVIWH--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/pyq2qxlyukwnrhhlt64g.jpg

Loose
08-20-2014, 09:39 PM
That's a cool graphic.

It's amazing how fast modern cars (sedans) are getting. I was at the strip on the weekend and there was a new M5 and RS7 running 11's. Also a new E63 but I didn't catch what it ran. This car will be even faster but $50k cheaper. Amazing.