PDA

View Full Version : Tv repair help

Boosted131
08-14-2014, 02:18 PM
I have a samsung LN- T4661F . It turns off after a couple seconds, but if I shine a flashlight on it close I can see the picture, so I think it's a backlight issue. Anyone fix these for a decent price? It's not worth much anymore

Mitsu3000gt
08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
You can buy a 60" Plasma for $750 these days, I'd just get a new TV if I were you. They are so cheap now they are basically disposable every few years.

If you want more of the same, Samsumg 46" LED LCD TV's are ~$550 right now.

Good excuse to get a new TV IMO.

Seth1968
08-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
You can buy a 60" Plasma for $750 these days, I'd just get a new TV if I were you. They are so cheap now they are basically disposable every few years.

If you want more of the same, Samsumg 46" LED LCD TV's are ~$550 right now.

Good excuse to get a new TV IMO.

Agreed, but wait, there's more!

People in the position of needing a repair to a tv, computer, dishwasher, etc, may take into account the cost differential between repairing and buying new, but they often don't consider these two things:

1) The product is a few years old. The other parts are going to start failing.

2) Duped new cost.

I can give you examples of that given my latest purchases of a blender and juicer, but my favorite example is in the computer field. That is, despite that $1000.00 computer the sales person is trying to sell you, a $400 ASUS computer is all you need.

speedog
08-15-2014, 11:37 AM
The only electronic item we ever buy extended warranties on are microwaves and for the last three that we have bought, every one of them has bitten the dust before the extended warranty was up - last one's warranty was up less than two weeks before it quit working. Sales guy at FutureShop was amazed that we had replaced 3 microwaves on their extended warranty - has worked out well for us.

Boosted131
08-15-2014, 03:45 PM
I already got a new tv, figured there might be an easy fix then let my gf use it.

thetransporter
08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
there is a TV/VCR repair man next to Mcdonalds 17th Ave. check him out

The_Penguin
08-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Probably not worth getting repaired by a shop.

From your description, it's probably either a bad component in the backlight inverter circuit, or (more likley) a bad backlight CCFL. If it's a bad lamp, they're cheap, but a royal pain to replace.